Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
We could, but people wouldn't know who they're looking at. Is she a singer? Actress? Model? Depending on the image, it might not be easy to tell. Another thing, her name is unusual and i've notice people tend to forget it. My family butchers her name when teasing me about how much i like her.
hahahaa so true! all my friends pronounce it "Ali-Zee" rather than "Ali-Zay".
oh well, i think the name is unique and thus easier to remember! its one of the few female names i know that has a "z" in it!!

'sides. shes beautiful, that'll be enough for most people. or we can just have a picture of her singing! hahaaa

Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
We could, but people wouldn't know who they're looking at. Is she a singer? Actress? Model? Depending on the image, it might not be easy to tell. Another thing, her name is unusual and i've notice people tend to forget it. My family butchers her name when teasing me about how much i like her.
This is why I think promotion should coincide with the new album release. That way we can have a "new album out now" or something that goes with the poster.

Être et durer.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:55 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Good point everyone. To answer some of the questions asked:

1. We could show her with a microphone like wasabi has and play a sample of her music in theaters before the movie starts. (I was just weary that no one would remember it after a two hour movie. But if someone can do it, I am all for them.)
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Good point everyone. To answer some of the questions asked:

1. We could show her with a microphone like wasabi has and play a sample of her music in theaters before the movie starts. (I was just weary that no one would remember it after a two hour movie. But if someone can do it, I am all for them.)
yay for agreeing with me!

heres the thing though, it ain't cheap. we're all gonna have to pitch in, and most importantly, decide which theater to do it at, and what clip to show.

and of course.. how freaking legal it is!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Traceur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
yay for agreeing with me!

heres the thing though, it ain't cheap. we're all gonna have to pitch in, and most importantly, decide which theater to do it at, and what clip to show.

and of course.. how freaking legal it is!
Jive Epic has been rather responsive to Tweeter posts, so perhaps we could ask for permission there. They seem to be positive about the whole fan promotion thing.

Être et durer.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Good. That's really good that they are all for the promotion. That means they are ready to act if a lot of people show interest. So if everyone is willing to pitch in for the movie thing (however I think we will have conflicts with the whole movie ad thing regarding location, money, etc.) I am all for it.

Good Luck.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 08-18-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM

glad to see we're all slowly begining to agree and work towards something!!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Traceur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Good. That's really good that they are all for the promotion. That means they are ready to act if a lot of people show interest. So if everyone is willing to pitch in for the movie thing (however I think we will have conflicts with the whole movie ad thing regarding location, money, etc.) I am all for it.

Good Luck.
Technically all they said was "Are Alizée fans the most dedicated?", but I take that as a good sign. I'll probably do some advertising on my own once the album comes out anyway.

Être et durer.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Selling French...

Actually, early in the thread, you folks were discussing making and distributing CD's with samples of songs. It's a terrific idea, and it's been done before, too!

Check out this Operation Disque Drop: http://disquedrop.blogspot.com/

I think he said he was a member of AAm-- anybody know?

Anyway, burning "mystery disks" that have some song samples and something like "Tangy Pop -Alizee" scrawled on 'em, maybe a hint to go to youtube, disquedrop, or here. That'll get some converts. One at a time, but hey...

The poster idea is cool too: what if we had a .pdf or two of posters or stencils here to download and start plastering/painting our towns with? Hint, black and white is better for cheap, mass copying, but heck.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Traceur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Actually, early in the thread, you folks were discussing making and distributing CD's with samples of songs. It's a terrific idea, and it's been done before, too!

Check out this Operation Disque Drop: http://disquedrop.blogspot.com/

I think he said he was a member of AAm-- anybody know?

Anyway, burning "mystery disks" that have some song samples and something like "Tangy Pop -Alizee" scrawled on 'em, maybe a hint to go to youtube, disquedrop, or here. That'll get some converts. One at a time, but hey...

The poster idea is cool too: what if we had a .pdf or two of posters or stencils here to download and start plastering/painting our towns with? Hint, black and white is better for cheap, mass copying, but heck.
If you spread it out through different types of media it's more likely to attract attention, I think. I guess once the new cd comes out we can slip sample cds in Andy Warhol biographies? I dunno how legal that'd be, but we could do something of the sort.

Être et durer.