Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 08-23-2021, 10:09 PM

Panzerknacker is on a distinguished road

I did try by using Duolingo and it worked well.

Many people told me that this app is bad, but for Me it worked just fine and I can recommend it.

I learned French like for 1,5 month, I dedicated myself well to it and learned a lot but then I decided to drop it for German because it is easier, less frustrating and more useful for me.

I will return to French sometime in the future.

I would also like to note that Alizée was not the only reason for me to learn French.

Year ago I saw my maternal genealogical tree and I discovered that one of my ancestors was a Frenchman. He was a soldier of Napoleon who after the Napoelonic Wars ended settled down in my village and assimilated. I am proud of having French blood, although it is only 1/64 of my ethnicity.

And for a short time I was thinking about joining the French Foreign Legion.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
I did try by using Duolingo and it worked well.

Many people told me that this app is bad, but for Me it worked just fine and I can recommend it.

I learned French like for 1,5 month, I dedicated myself well to it and learned a lot but then I decided to drop it for German because it is easier, less frustrating and more useful for me.

I will return to French sometime in the future.

I would also like to note that Alizée was not the only reason for me to learn French.

Year ago I saw my maternal genealogical tree and I discovered that one of my ancestors was a Frenchman. He was a soldier of Napoleon who after the Napoelonic Wars ended settled down in my village and assimilated. I am proud of having French blood, although it is only 1/64 of my ethnicity.

And for a short time I was thinking about joining the French Foreign Legion.
Good tip!

I didn’t even remember that Elise had already mentioned that Duolingo.

Now I thought it was probably a paid service, but so great when it’s really free!

And great that it’s an empirical fact now - that you can learn with it!

I just need to get "time" to start studying properly! I mean, you have to focus and be serious if you want to learn languages! The reason for learning when there is no problem now - Alizée !!!!

Alizée 💜
Old 01-02-2023, 01:59 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

A fun way to learn French with these two French guys or as they introduce themselves "We're just two guys from Paris, lost in the US..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClojdHKJABN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Clg-erVJjTT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClUGW03P01P/
Old 06-16-2023, 07:03 AM

Alizée 4K is on a distinguished road

[edit] Removed because I was asked to give less personal information online by my work. Sorry!

Last edited by Alizée 4K; 11-27-2023 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Minor typos and clarity
Old 06-16-2023, 05:17 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Alizee 4K ! I like the British and the French, too ! I used to work for the British Navy in NATO; so I started spelling Defence the British way; instead of the American Defense ( with sort of a lisp ! ) I even put it that way on my Resumes ! So that one interviewer asked me if I was British ? But I told him no; I've simply decided that is the correct way to spell it ! I try to pick up some French from Alizee's singing. For instance I looked up OTE ! which she says in her stage performance of the j'en ai Marre ! [ And here I take writer's license; despite the words of the song She is dancing because she is upset with her boyfriend ! And when Le French girl is chewing you out and is waving her arms and wrists at you in the Air; She is Breaking Up with you ! and when she crosses her arms over her chest and says "OTE !" it is over ! OTE, from what I looked up Means the Dinner is over; or the Dinner has to be cleared ! Or the situation is Over !

If you post to a YT video it comes over as https:// ; but you have to cut it down to http:// because the s will disable it ! Scruffydog777 showed me this as he is an expert !
Old 06-16-2023, 07:59 PM

[edit] Removed because I was asked to give less personal information online by my work. Sorry!

Last edited by Alizée 4K; 11-27-2023 at 07:23 AM..
Old 06-16-2023, 11:34 PM

Hi Alizee 4K
I am sorry I try to reply to you ; but the system is giving me fits and logging me off for some reason ? I think you are really intelligent with your comments ! So maybe I can get in a longer reply later ? It is very nice you are living in Paris and can go to the Louvre Museum ! I would want to do that whenever I get there !
I am semi-retired now and writing some books. Hopefully to get one done this year and it may be good enough for a movie, also ! I need like a Game of Thrones or a Lord of the Rings ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 06-16-2023 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: More Info
Old 06-17-2023, 12:10 AM

Last edited by Alizée 4K; 11-27-2023 at 07:23 AM..
Old 09-06-2023, 05:08 PM

Default Le French Language

Strangely; if I see the written French I can sometimes Parse out the meaning of the entries. However I cannot speak or write French !
This is like a Science Project; where I had to use a Scientific American Magazine to make it work. I read the article ; but I could make no sense of it ! So I had to re-read each word and then each sentence by itself to parse out the meaning ! Since the scientific words were based on greek or latin roots; I was able to parse out the meaning of words, then sentences and than paragraphs; so that I finally managed to get through the whole article and then re-read it for the complete meaning to get my project going.
So this is the way I get through a written French article; although not understanding it always completely ! So in a strange way; sometimes I can read the French ! I got an email from the Elysee ; when I was trying to email them to get the Legion d'Honneur for Alizee; however they just send me emails on French updates. So I improve my French reading ! I had to look up what Cocorico meant which turns out it is the French Rooster, I think, which is on their emails ! Ha !
Old 09-11-2023, 02:41 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Strangely; if I see the written French I can sometimes Parse out the meaning of the entries. However I cannot speak or write French !
Its the same with me! With written French, I can maybe understand 40-60% of it. But listening to French, my comprehension drops to 5%-10%. It just comes at me too fast!