Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

Old times french riots were more glamourous, i thought...
You only think that because it was way before your time and you weren't there. Your companions in arms would more likely have been flea-bitten, garlic-breathed, under-nourished angry peasants. The chances of meeting her on the road to the Bastille were in reality very slim.

Malheureusement. (Sigh.)

Quote:
And I can easily imagine how Alizee could contributing to it....
LOL naughty, naughty boy!

Seriously -- Alizée's pattern seems not to get into politics. She performs for causes but it's always humanitarian stuff. We don't even know how she voted in the last election. I don't see any problem with her adopting a stance on an issue that she believes in and going public with it but it would be very unlike anything she's done before and I don't think it should be expected.

I would also in passing comment that this thread is bordering on transgressing a board rule. Just because it's French rather than American politics doesn't mean it's not politics.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 PM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

Why in the world is this even a valid topic to bring up????? LOL!!!
I highly doubt the thought even crossed her mind to participate in such a thing.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

it would be the french who riot over an increased retirement age. honestly i think it's not that big of a deal considering ours is 65.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 AM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

Old times french riots were more glamourous, i thought...
And I can easily imagine how Alizee could contributing to it....

Hey is that Abe Lincoln carrying a rifle?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I was watching the news about this. Seems like Europe is in a bit of a pickle as well, I remember reading about the protests and such in Greece.

As for it relating to Alizée, I'm not too sure of how she can really capitalize on it. She's too young for her to really connect with it, and seeing as how she won't be even directly affected by it, it'll be hard for her to seem like "for the people". I mean, the retirement age really only affects those that work a job.

I'm also confused as to why all these younger people are getting riled up.. They have decades before this affects them, and I'm sure long before they reach it, changes will occur again.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I remember reading a few years ago that France had for several years encouraged people from other countries to emmigrate to France so hopefully they would have a lot of new workers to tax so they would have enough money to pay for pensions of all of the people they expected to be retiring over the next several years

It apparently didn't fix the problem and caused other problems in the process. So it looks like their pension system is running out of money, just like our social security system. I think 2 extra years of work is a small price to pay as opposed to the chance the system could run out of money, then they'd have nothing.

This change would be tough on people who were close to retirement, so I think maybe it should only apply to people who are at a certain age, let's say 55 or younger for example

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-20-2010 at 01:34 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

If I was at the age limit, I'm not sure I'd have the energy to riot. Maybe I'd piss and moan a bit.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
You only think that because it was way before your time and you weren't there. Your companions in arms would more likely have been flea-bitten, garlic-breathed, under-nourished angry peasants. The chances of meeting her on the road to the Bastille were in reality very slim.

Malheureusement. (Sigh.)
Sure.
Except the fact that, to be exact, this picture is not about the French Revolution , but about the "3 glorious days", as it's called historicaly.
3 days ( 27, 28 et 29 july 1830) throughout people revolt against Charles X.
This episode is retell in Les Misérables of Victor Hugo...

Last edited by Bigdan; 10-20-2010 at 10:21 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 03:32 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I was watching the news about this. Seems like Europe is in a bit of a pickle as well, I remember reading about the protests and such in Greece.
You see, though, that since France's President is not the most popular guy, in addition to riots and Europe's situation, that she could benefit from becoming politically active.

EXAMPLE:

Natalie Portman's role in V for Vendetta made her more politically active in her home country: Israel. She became a massive representative for the population of her country. After some of her early movies she traveled to Rwanda (as part of a movie, but still while it was recovering from the genocide)

Take a look here: "Politically, Portman is a supporter of the Democrats, and in the 2004 presidential race she campaigned for Democratic nominee, Senator John Kerry. In the 2008 presidential election, Portman supported Senator Hillary Clinton of New York in the Democratic primaries. She later campaigned for eventual Democratic nominee, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois, during the general election.[74] However, in a 2008 interview, she also says: "I even like John McCain. I disagree with his war stance — which is a really big deal — but I think he's a very moral person."[75]"

She is also for animal rights. In 2010 she won an award for being active in many of her rallies.

And she's an awesome actress and she's cool, and I love her, second to Alizée, of course .

My question: Is Alizée involved in any such thing? I just want to bring up the thought of her becoming more politically active. It could really help her, even if she's doing just fine.

Also I'm not saying that this is the moment to do that. A thought for the future.

Edit:

Quote:
Seriously -- Alizée's pattern seems not to get into politics. She performs for causes but it's always humanitarian stuff. We don't even know how she voted in the last election. I don't see any problem with her adopting a stance on an issue that she believes in and going public with it but it would be very unlike anything she's done before and I don't think it should be expected.
But it could turn heads. Like American heads.

Quote:
I would also in passing comment that this thread is bordering on transgressing a board rule. Just because it's French rather than American politics doesn't mean it's not politics.
But that's not what I'm getting at, you see. I just wanted to bring up the thought of her becoming more active in politics. I didn't want to get people upset about their opinions or views on the actual situation in France.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 10-20-2010 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

It's normal for the french to do these things. French government decisions often have been torpedoed by such strikes and violent actions.
Most of the french live in a dream world and think they can ignore the effects of globalization. Of course none of the protesters has an answer as to how the bills for the current retirement system can be paid in the future.
By the way, we germans now have to work until 67!

Tags
polotics, retirement, roits