Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Who is catching the "world embassader", Alizee ? I voted again, but she has nearly 60% pf the vote with no one close to her. You made it seem as if it was close, lol
Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

It was close... Alizée almost dropped down to 58% for a minute there... we can't have that!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:58 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

The poll is now closed. And the winner is (drum roll)

Just a little bragging rights for our beloved Lilly! Thanks to all who particiapated, especially to Taxi Diver Aaron!

Last edited by Jake04; 11-15-2011 at 12:00 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Those Dodo fans must be crying.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Those Dodo fans must be crying.
Now, now. Let's not rub it in. We're trying to recruit them!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:09 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

... and after Dodo [sic], then Dan Balan, and then Mylène comes in fourth. << Oucch!!! >> Well, too bad...

Nice job everyone! Well done! I just got here and found that I'd missed the whole thing, but it looks like we had it in the bag already.

So in honor of this achievement, I pull out:
< this freakin awesome smiley.

(when else were we gonna use it anyway?)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I look at this poll and I wonder why the fans of these other singers don't step up the way Alizee fans do. Take Adele, she has a great voice, has come out with some great songs, but she's no wheres near as beautiful as Alizee, but there has to be more to it than that. Adele is British, she released her first album in 2008. She even appeared on SNL in 2008 which at that point set a record for viewership.

I've had my head buried in the proverbial Alizee sandbox for the past 4 years, so there's a lot of new songs I'm not that familiar with. This year while I was on vacation in France, I thought to whenever I heard a song I liked and didn't know the name of, I'd turn my camera on and record it, so I could look it up later. Well one song I recorded turned out to be an Adele song; Rolling in the deep. It's a great song and she's had others that have had great success. I checked on line and found there are plenty of fan sites for her. So why don't her fans step up at times like this or the fans of these other singers in this poll?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQ8tKEbGn4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I took a look at another one of her big hits; Someone like you. It's a beautiful song. Then I took a look at one of Alizée's songs, Coeur deja pris. They both tell somwhat similar stories, stories of a love triangle in which case the singer turned out to be the odd person out.

Here are the lyrics for both.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now Coeur deja pris was not one of Alizé's most popular songs., but I feel it was her most beautiful song. I wanted to have a video to go along with it, so I made a poor attempt to link up clips of other videos where it looked like she was saying similar words.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jCnPz4Mniyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I feel this song is by far more beautiful than Someone like you, so why has it had so little success, not to mention several of her other songs?

My trips to Europe have made me realize that MF and LB focused so much of their promotion of Alizee on the sexy side of her and it was a tremendously sexy side, that the people of France didn't realize she had such a beautiful side. Songs like Coeur deja pris, A quoi rêve une jeune fille, Lou ou toi, and others, never got the recognition they should have.

I think many of these songs could have done much better if they had been better promoted. The fact that most of these songs are in French, also limited her chances at international success with them.

But the people of these forums; AAm, AF and so many others have come to realize the beauty of all her songs and know they have not recieved their just due, so we put in the extra effort, we go the extra yard, to try and educate the world about this great singer. It's been an uphill struggle, but I feel with this next album, our efforts will be rewarded.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-15-2011 at 06:05 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

On the very rare occasions that Doda decides to wear some clothes she's actually pretty good?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ax3GgOygg9Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ax3GgOygg9Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Oh, guys, I see you had a lot of fun here, trying to win that poll.
Well, those Doda fans, who were voting so much at the beginning are, actually, as you noticed, Poles, and we rarely give up. It's just a random poll to vote, but they have a lot of "battle fronts".

That time, they were mainly engaged in voting for MTV EMA Best Polish Act, much more important poll and that was a real battle on votes. But we've managed to beat them and the winner was Ewa Farna
Now I should put some great video of Ewa live, to let you compare, but there's too much of them. I decided to put the newest one that I'm also included in. (somewhere in first row)

(you can skip to 0:45)
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7pOKVWf-vtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-17-2011, 06:20 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

why did this poll go so long? i voted like 2 mths ago.