Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Im extremely dissapointed in you forum!!

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7174
One of the greatest heroes in human history means nothing to you? Normally I don't call this forum out for being apparently oblivious to anything and everything outside the world of Alizee but I found the lack of caring for that thread completely and utterly disturbing! Is there a kid you know that doesn't list Neil Armstrong as being one of their heroes, idolize him, admire him, look up to him, or anything of that nature? Not to answer my own question but probably very very few! You all were kids once ... does he mean nothing to you? He inspired generations to dream, generations to think, generations to ask, question, and wonder and he will continue in his passing to do nothing less! Please tell me im wrong in that this forum does not seem to care about a man who changed the world whether he wants to admit it or not ... please tell me im wrong because it appears as such! Im sorry but a forum that does not care the least bit about his passing is a forum I am not really sure I want to be a part of anymore! One thing has nothing to with the other but this thread has gotten is 1 response (that being from me) versus all the other RIP threads which have pages of responses .... how is Neil Armstrong less significant than the others I do not understand? I wanted to post this for a few days now since it really bothered me but I have been holding back ... but I cant hold in how I feel much longer! I am not mad at you forum ... however I am just really disappointed!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 08-30-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

A very large number of youth today don't even know who Neil Armstrong is.

An even larger number couldn't care less about NASA, space exploration, or anything remotely related to it.

Would you mourn the same way if a member of The Jersey Shore died in a freak sniper accident? I doubt it.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I checked out the RIP thread in question and was surprised to see I never posted in it. How did I forget? I was meaning to, but I guess I was in a hurry and got distracted by something else and just plain forgot. You see, I have the same feelings as you do about Neil Armstrong, as well as the space program in general. It's partly what inspired me to get my pilot's license after high school. Anyways, I guess it is strange that someone like Neil would not have gotten more attention here, but I am guilty myself. Even Alizée and her father posted something on FB.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

I only come in here every now and then and so I missed the thread. I am very sorry and I hope that the post that I wrote will make up for it. It was a beautiful thread and everyone should read it.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

A very large number of youth today don't even know who Neil Armstrong is.

An even larger number couldn't care less about NASA, space exploration, or anything remotely related to it.

Would you mourn the same way if a member of The Jersey Shore died in a freak sniper accident? I doubt it.
Like I said before, you dont have to care or know anything about NASA to know and admire Neil Armstrong and how can you compare him to the Jersey Shore ... just come on!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I checked out the RIP thread in question and was surprised to see I never posted in it. How did I forget? I was meaning to, but I guess I was in a hurry and got distracted by something else and just plain forgot. You see, I have the same feelings as you do about Neil Armstrong, as well as the space program in general. It's partly what inspired me to get my pilot's license after high school. Anyways, I guess it is strange that someone like Neil would not have gotten more attention here, but I am guilty myself. Even Alizée and her father posted something on FB.
You Lefty are a member who is definitely exempt from my post ... (there are a few others as well). I am generally disappointed at the forum as whole not any particular member! I didn't know you were a pilot ... I would like to talk to you more about that on some other thread.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
I only come in here every now and then and so I missed the thread. I am very sorry and I hope that the post that I wrote will make up for it. It was a beautiful thread and everyone should read it.
Thanks Karla

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 08-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I'm not good with these kinda things.. sorry!

Alizée posted RIP Neil Armstrong on on her instagram though and I don't think it gets any better than that!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Like I said before, you dont have to care or know anything about NASA to know and admire Neil Armstrong and how can you compare him to the Jersey Shore ... just come on!
I'm not comparing him to the show, I'm comparing their audiences.

Some people care about Neil Armstrong, and don't care about Jersey Shore/Kanye West/The Queen of England.

Some people care about Jersey Shore/Kanye West/The Queen of England, and don't care about Neil Armstrong.

That's life.

Don't get upset that some people don't care about the same things as you do- as much as you do.

Edit:

Not too long ago, a very famous man within the paintballing world named Danijel Jagodic committed suicide due to all the stresses in his life.

He was kind, knowledgeable, and helped make paintball more financially feasible, more creative, and downright more fun for however many thousands of people who watched his videos. He was known around the world, playing everywhere from Living Legends in Chicago to abandoned hospitals in Eastern Europe.

I doubt you care that he's dead, I doubt anyone else here does. I also don't think you care about paintball as much as I do. I'm not upset that you didn't mourn for him in the same way I did.

Last edited by user472884; 08-30-2012 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I'm not comparing him to the show, I'm comparing their audiences.

Some people care about Neil Armstrong, and don't care about Jersey Shore/Kanye West/The Queen of England.

Some people care about Jersey Shore/Kanye West/The Queen of England, and don't care about Neil Armstrong.

That's life.

Don't get upset that some people don't care about the same things as you do- as much as you do.

Edit:

Not too long ago, a very famous man within the paintballing world named Danijel Jagodic committed suicide due to all the stresses in his life.

He was kind, knowledgeable, and helped make paintball more financially feasible, more creative, and downright more fun for however many thousands of people who watched his videos. He was known around the world, playing everywhere from Living Legends in Chicago to abandoned hospitals in Eastern Europe.

I doubt you care that he's dead, I doubt anyone else here does. I also don't think you care about paintball as much as I do. I'm not upset that you didn't mourn for him in the same way I did.
You missed my point! First off Danijel Jagodic didnt impact history like Neil did, Danijel Jagodic is not known by BILLIONS of people past and present like Neil is .. you cannot compare the two! Second I don't care if people don't care about him as much as I do .... I am just disappointed that there is a lack of caring which on this rare basis is inexcusable since he is relevant to everyone on this planet ... he is RELEVANT TO ALL OF HUMANITY and that is what makes him so special! As humans we had the opportunity to unite as one to achieve a common goal!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 08-30-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Recline yourself

Would you rather us act like we give a shit now that he's gone, disrespecting his memory and everything his work has done for humanity? (Don't misunderstand, I do like the guy too, a heck of a whole lot, I just don't think me posting about him in the off topic section of an obscure French singer is doing justice)

Or would you rather those like yourself know how honest and sincere you are in your grieving and not be diluted and lessened by a bunch of band-wagoners on the internet?

Edit:

Danijel Jagodic impacted my history.

Without learning what he taught (how to save money here and there), I would never have played paintball more than once or twice. Now, paintball is a hugely important part of my life. I've made dozens of friends and even more acquantainces through the sport, I've learned technical skills from the equipment which helped me tremendously working in an aerospace manufacturing plant, I went from a really good shot to a really good shot, I even lost a good twenty pounds.

All though Neil Armstrong indirectly helped usher in a new era of technology, he hasn't directly affected my life enough for me to notice and directly recognize him. That's because I'm a simple minded young man who doesn't want to spend every waking moment worshiping other equally important figures in history (I'd never leave the house for Da Vinci alone, not to mention Roosevelt, Einstein, Galileo, Plato, Aristotle, Newton, etc)

Not a lot of people think as deeply as you do. Feel proud of that, don't shun them for it.

Last edited by user472884; 08-31-2012 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

FRA I wanna say that I admire Neil Armstrong very much, and when I was a kid I did wanna be a astronaut, like many kids do. He is an icon of human accomplishment and his name must never disappear from any history book. However, I agree that you shouldn't be so disappointed at the lack of response to that thread, I'm sure everybody here talked about it at school or work or at the dinner table, and simply didn't do so here as well. Jalen is right that some peeps just have differnet interests, other things they pay more attention to. For example, you probably know I admire Michael Jackson in the same way you admire Neil Armstrong, but apart from my sig, the MJ thread and bringing up a side note here and there in my posts as I am now, you don't hear that much about him from me. You might say there's no way I can compare the two, and I can't change your mind about that, but in My life, there's no bigger influence or inspiration than Michael Joseph Jackson. That's just me. To others he may be a number of other things, the MJ thread I made on this forum has more posts from me than anybody else, but whatever man. It really doesn't matter. There aren't that many active members here so you can't really expect huge response. Anyway, those are my two cents. Take care and see ya on the chatbox
P.S. Jalen is also right that it's not so nice to see a lot of (seemingly fake) love for somebody people generally never mention or care about in their daily life, after said person has passed away.

Tags
moonraker, moonriver