Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I don't like at all your first post, FRA...
It is ridiculous to say we lack caring because we don't post on a certain thread.
Come on.
You can have that opinion, however I feel otherwise

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
You can have that opinion, however I feel otherwise
Ok, since you still think we lack of caring, I will express my views on this tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I don't like at all your first post, FRA...
It is ridiculous to say we lack caring because we don't post on a certain thread.
Come on.
If I could like this post, I would.

Edit:

FRA, I'd point out more stuff about why you were wrong to post this thread, but at this point I don't think you would understand.

Last edited by user472884; 09-07-2012 at 01:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
If I could like this post, I would.

Edit:

FRA, I'd point out more stuff about why you were wrong to post this thread, but at this point I don't think you would understand.
Well some people might think im wrong to post this others might not; point is you cant live life trying to please people because you will lose every single time. You will always piss someone/some people off in everything you do; it is an unfortunate fact of life. I thought this was worth posting ...... so I did. To be honest I don't care who likes it or not, never did. You probably learned by now that im not on this forum to get people to like me but just read what I post. So all I care about is if you read my first post or not in which it seems you did; mission accomplished!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Well some people might think im wrong to post this others might not; point is you cant live life trying to please people because you will lose every single time. You will always piss someone/some people off in everything you do; it is an unfortunate fact of life. I thought this was worth posting ...... so I did. To be honest I don't care who likes it or not, never did. You probably learned by now that im not on this forum to get people to like me but just read what I post. So all I care about is if you read my first post or not in which it seems you did; mission accomplished!
So you don't live life trying to please people, yet you get butthurt when our actions (or lack of) don't please you?

What's wrong with you?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
So you don't live life trying to please people, yet you get butthurt when our actions (or lack of) don't please you?

What's wrong with you?
Lol since you word it that way ....... then yeah I guess so! I never claimed to possess perfect character traits and I'm sure you don't either. In my mind it felt right to post this topic and I am standing firm by it. Also know my butt does not hurt however if yours does then I suggest you see a doctor as for you might have hemroids; I wish you lots of luck with that.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Also know my butt does not hurt however if yours does then I suggest you see a doctor as for you might have hemroids; I wish you lots of luck with that.
I haven't heard a reversal as strong as that since 7th grade.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
This post is only against the statements made by the OP and not against Neil Armstrong OR the people showing their condoleces to him

Reasons to be in disagreement with this thread:

Reason 1: The reality of the forum.

While trying to make an objetive analysis of a forum is nearly impossible, it is easy to just focus on the facts:

Quote:
One of the greatest heroes in human history means nothing to you?

-This is an Alizée forum: Logic would tell us that the most important topic in an Alizée forum is Alizée. Having that in mind, it is easy to think that even in the offtopic sección, any topic in relation with France, Women, singers… and any topic related to forum members: internet, videogames, school/job… would have more posts than a topic non related at all with Alizée or the forum members. So the death of an astronaut can not be considered initially as a “hot topic”, at least in here.

-Forum members habits: Some of the forum members just read the offtopic section but don’t tend to post too much in here. Some others can easily miss the existence of a certain thread.
Some members don’t even come to the offtopic section at all.

Quote:
how is Neil Armstrong less significant than the others I do not understand
-Number of posts on a thread: some “deep” threads about philosophy or history could get a couple of replies, and other threads about things like make up or ponies could get thousands of posts. So it is safe to say that there is no relation between the importance of the topic being discussed and the number of posts it gets. Random is the word. Even in the Alizée discussion section there are multiple threads with just a couple of replies.

Thinking about these aspects and a few others, one would think that there is more than just one reason to not post on a certain thread in the offtopic sección of the Aam forum.
As for why someone would choose “the lack of caring of the people here” as the only reason, is beyond my comprehension.

Quote:
I am not mad at you forum ... however I am just really disappointed!
I am dissapointed at your lack of knowledge about the reality of the forum.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
I haven't heard a reversal as strong as that since 7th grade.
Well maybe when you get passed high school you'll starting hearing them again And don't start preaching maturity ... just not from you lol!
@Spanishfan I did not read all of your post yet, ill do that in a minute ... I just wanted to say even Alizee herself tweeted about this subject!

edit:
Ok just read your post and I like your points Spanish and do agree with them, however I think those points you made are ample reason for one to be disappointed. I dont care what a forum is about but sometimes it feels this forum can be very narrow sighted; there are things happening in the world other than Alizee that are definitely worth talking about.

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 09-07-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
This post is only against the statements made by the OP and not against Neil Armstrong or the people showing their condoleces to him

Reasons to be in disagreement with this thread:

Reason 2 : The reality of today's society.

Before making big and inaccurate statements, we should always consider some factors, one of them being the society in which we live today. As important as Neil Armstrong is and will ever be as an icon in human history, his relevance today is not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago.
From a blog:

Quote:
Who the f*** is Neil Armstrong?

AUGUST 26, 2012 8 COMMENTS
Sat on a train last night, my timeline on Twitter alternated between the X Factor and the death of Neil Armstrong, perhaps two opposite ends of the scale of human endeavour. Switching to a search on Neil Armstrong, I was amazed to see a significant number of tweets from teenagers along the following lines -

‘Who the f*** is Neil Armstrong?’

‘Don’t even know who Neil Armstrong is?’

‘Apparently Neil Armstrong isn’t a cyclist, so who is he? Everyone seems quite bummed out about it #confused’

I RT’d a collection of these tweets somewhat taken aback and saddened that they had not come across one of the most recognised people in world history and a couple of minutes saw the following tweet from a teacher in my timeline -
‘Dear 40-something dicks mocking teenagers who don’t know who Neil Armstrong is, what would you have tweeted when Douglas Bader died?’ followed shortly after by ‘cue waves of abuse from child geniuses who knew who everybody was who died when they were teenagers.’

We could discuss how this can be possible, we could get annoyed by this... etc, but the fact that there is some people who dont know who he was or what he did, it is undeniable. The activities of NASA don’t engage the actual generations in the same way they did in the past.

Quote:
I am not mad at you forum ... however I am just really disappointed!
Your lack of understanding of today’s society disappoint me.

Tags
moonraker, moonriver