Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-25-2012, 05:44 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road
Default RIP Neil Armstrong

Neil Armstrong died today at 82 years old due to cardiovascular complications.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...on-dead-at-82/

He is a true American hero, and he was one of my first heroes. I remember in second grade doing a project about him, and I thought he was one of the coolest guys ever.

I thought this was really cool. The family released this statement:

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request: Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

(Please don't get into stupid debates on whether you thought the moonwalk was fake or not. This is to celebrate the life of a good man.)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Never have I been close to tears for a death outside my family until I heard this news last night. He was a great man and inspiration to generations. He was not an American hero but a hero to all of mankind who happened to be American. I already miss you so much Neil Armstrong! Thank you for the giant leap for all of mankind!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pkqxfpc_Ido" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:28 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

To me a hero is a genuinely good person.

A hero must always think of others first. Without this trait a hero does not do any good because a hero is a person that affects the people around him.

A hero also has to be humble.

A hero must exhibit traits of selflessness. A true hero is always searching for a way to help others. If a person is always worrying about himself then how are they supposed to influence others?

A hero is leader. They lead by example and gives hope to people who want to be heroes themselves.

A hero is spiritual. If he does not hold a belief, then his work is for nothing.

A hero is Neil Armstrong! RIP Mi Amigo!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9fPYyoY49Bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to share this with you guys - I follow an artist who calls himself "Chris (Simpsons artist)", basically he is this anonymous fellow who draws these sort of abstract portraits of people and attaches messages about them. He has a "stream-of-consciousness" style of writing these messages and they come off as very sweet and genuine if you can look past the many issues in grammar. He's pretty well-known in the UK from what I've seen on the internet.

Anyway, he did a tribute to Neil Armstrong and I thought it was really touching:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

"houston we have got a problem because the first ever man to have a walk on the moon neil amrstrongs has died. i think that it is always sad when a man dies and has to hold his wifes hand and say good bye to his wife and children for one very last time but i think it is even much more sadder when a man dies who has been and seen so much further and longer away than so many others could ever dream of in all of their dreams and since i was a little boy or 6 i have always gone and lay in my garden at night time and have a look up at the moon and when i look at the moon i always say inside of my head that a man lived on the moon once and i always say once really quickly so it is like i am being chased and even though he only lived on the moon for a few hours i think that we will see his face looking down at us for the rest of time whenever we have a look up at the moon and i know that tonight when it is the night time and i go outside of my house and i look up towards the moon in the deep and black and never ending blanket of space i will see neil armstrongs face looking down at me and he will be laughing his head off because he will think that i look so tiny because he is so far away from me and i will tell him that he isnt even far away at all because i know that whenever the glow from the moon lights up my bedroom at night time i know that it is just neil armstrong kneeling right next to my bed staring at me while i sleep and keeping me safe. good bye neil armstrong i will see you again soon my man in the moon. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox"

Again, it might seem really strange but if you can look past that it's really great, I think. It does him justice.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I just like when he says something like "have a walk" or "have a look at your hands"