Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre l'anglais

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I honeslty don't like the southern accents, Marseille, Montpellier or Corsican accents lack smoothness and the intonations can sometimes sound rude or unelegant... that's why Alizée got rid of the ajaccian accent.
If Alizée ever got rid of the Corsican accent just because the way it sounds, then damn her. Its where she comes from, its parth of her childhood, and I am sure that she still speaks it when she is at home. One part of my family speaks a dialect with Hungarian influences, other part the dialect with Turkish influences, both can sound rude and funny at the same time, I know them both and in my real life I speak in my own way, while adapting to the way people around me speak.
But I would never say that one dialect sounds bad or that it is worthless, as they are all unique and beautiful in their own way, and every new one you learn, the more you gain in terms of your personality.

Anyway, I don't really hear the difference, but I love the way she spoke back in 2000-2003.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
Anyway, I don't really hear the difference, but I love the way she spoke back in 2000-2003.
Yeah everyone loved her voice back then , because the accent made her sound like she was stumbling on every word, she was speaking a very childish french and her accent was still cute not yet laughable. Now that she's gotten mature, I must say that mylène did a good job inciting her to hide her accent or it would have been very hard for her to succeed in mainland france.

If you want to transpose this to english, it's the equivalent of a mix between hardcore english cockney and the way poor black people from popular city areas talk in the us.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah everyone loved her voice back then , because the accent made her sound like she was stumbling on every word, she was speaking a very childish french and her accent was still cute not yet laughable. Now that she's gotten mature, I must say that mylène did a good job inciting her to hide her accent or it would have been very hard for her to succeed in mainland france.

If you want to transpose this to english, it's the equivalent of a mix between hardcore english cockney and the way poor black people from popular city areas talk in the us.
haha. That's not racist at all.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:02 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Interesting discussion! Her Corsican accent may be the reason why I struggled at first to understand what she was saying in her earlier video clips, circa early 2000s. I learned French in the formal setting of high school and university classroom, with some immersion, and tend to rely on how I learned it, so it was a struggle. Now, I seem to be getting used to her intonations and mannerism, so it's easier to understand her. Thanks for sharing this!