Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

I'd bet the DJ plays songs that people here wouldn't consider appropriate , ya'll are overthinking things . A good song is a good song , what it is about shouldn't matter .
Also haven't you ever thought a song meant something then years later thought it meant something completely different or the opposite ?

Ya could always use some instrumental versions of her songs too !
Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
I'd bet the DJ plays songs that people here wouldn't consider appropriate , ya'll are overthinking things . A good song is a good song , what it is about shouldn't matter .
Also haven't you ever thought a song meant something then years later thought it meant something completely different or the opposite ?

Ya could always use some instrumental versions of her songs too !
The DJ only plays the songs that the wedding party approves of. And no... it is not over thinking things. I've been to 6 weddings... that's how it's done.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Оле Оле

Hey Mister DJ put a record on i wanna dance with my baby .

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkward Turtle View Post
As for the songs that will be played, we are leaving most of that to the DJ,
At all the weddings i've been to and been in the DJ takes requests . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
The DJ only plays the songs that the wedding party approves of. And no... it is not over thinking things. I've been to 6 weddings... that's how it's done.
Just because you drove people to 6 weddings in your taxi doesn't make you an expert !

Music - makes the people come together !

Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
At all the weddings i've been to and been in the DJ takes requests . .

Just because you drove people to 6 weddings in your taxi doesn't make you an expert !
The DJ takes requests... but what the DJ can play is still limited by what the wedding party allows. Some wedding parties don't limit the DJ and in that case then, yes, you can play just about anything. But in most weddings there's a "do not play list" or a "play only" list that limits the DJs ... and don't be jealous of my expertise!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 AM

awkward Turtle is on a distinguished road

Yes, DJs take requests, but the DJ at our wedding gives us the final say. We submit before hand a few lists, the first are songs that must be played, the second are songs that we would like played, and the third are songs that no matter how many people request them will never be played. We filled the third list with songs about break ups and stalking because we don't want them at our wedding, no matter how popular or danceable they are. For example, I love the song "I will survive" and I even have great memories dancing to it at my high school prom with my current fiancée (we didn't go together but I stole her from her date for that song) but we aren't allowing that song to be played at our wedding because we feel the message isn't wedding appropriate.

On a completely different note, thanks for that upload Scruffy. I love the way they melded the English and French versions together and it is a great remix, I just listened to it about 8 times straight through on repeat. However, I do have to agree with Taxi Driver Aaron that the song is not really wedding appropriate, which is why I never really considered even the original version of the song.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Оле Оле

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
The DJ takes requests... but what the DJ can play is still limited by what the wedding party allows. Some wedding parties don't limit the DJ and in that case then, yes, you can play just about anything. But in most weddings there's a "do not play list" or a "play only" list that limits the DJs ... and don't be jealous of my expertise!
The more you try to control things the more out of control they will be .

Yin and Yang kinda thang .

Impossible to include every single song which may not be what some of you here or guests there wouldn't consider wedding appropriate . Perhaps in some views - unfortunately - it is guaranteed there will be songs played which half the people find wedding inappropriate , fortunately the other half of the people will enjoy all the songs no matter what is played because they are there to have a good time celebrating the event not the music titles and lyrics .

As awkward Turtle wrote above too much to worry about and plan already .
Which is why people hire a DJ instead of having to add to those tasks by planning and programming many hours of music . Also you want your guests to request and get all crazy dancing to favorite songs no matter the song title or lyrics subjects as it adds to the fun .

Quote:
Yes, DJs take requests, but the DJ at our wedding gives us the final say.
DJ won't ask ya'll about every single song before it is played .
As i said above the more you try to control things the less control you will have and worry for nothing .

Quote:
We submit before hand a few lists, the first are songs that must be played, the second are songs that we would like played, and the third are songs that no matter how many people request them will never be played. We filled the third list with songs about break ups and stalking because we don't want them at our wedding, no matter how popular or danceable they are. For example, I love the song "I will survive" and I even have great memories dancing to it at my high school prom with my current fiancée (we didn't go together but I stole her from her date for that song) but we aren't allowing that song to be played at our wedding because we feel the message isn't wedding appropriate.

On a completely different note, thanks for that upload Scruffy. I love the way they melded the English and French versions together and it is a great remix, I just listened to it about 8 times straight through on repeat. However, I do have to agree with Taxi Driver Aaron that the song is not really wedding appropriate, which is why I never really considered even the original version of the song.
Your guests surely know this story of I Will Survive - correct ?

One would think they will request it be played if not for nostalgia but the humor alone . I have to insist you reconsider to play it now ! It's a great song played at many a wedding !! To add mostly it's a BIG part of your lives !

The message of all music is a feeling that ya get when listening makes you enjoy it , this whole idea of appropriate or not because of the lyrics or title sorry to say i find ridiculous . Now yes above i laughed about Def Leppard but that is just because i think they suck and as a group aren't appropriate for anything not that i find a song they sing in-appropriate for any occasion if those organizing any event wish them to be played i may even dance to it .

Put it this way - Do you honestly feel that playing I Will Survive is going to make yourselves or guests think at the time of this festive celebration " OH MY GAWD why are they playing this song , the wedding is now cursed , this is just wrong , lets get up and leave , i am outraged , this song is not wedding appropriate lets sit down and act sad and stop enjoying the moment etc etc . . .

Can pretty much guarantee you if you do play it more people than not will be like OH MY GAWD I love this song lets dance and many will sing along .

To me it's like saying don't play the chicken dance because it will send the wrong message lol . . . See it's just a silly song .

I Will Survive may not be appropriate in your minds eye , i get it right and of course it's up to ya'll so don't let me influence your decisions . Even though i will add this final note here -

That song wasn't written for you , by you or about you .
It's just a good song , people love to sing and dance to .
I being you , would definitely play it .
Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am getting married in a few weeks and over the years I have managed to convert my soon to be wife from somebody who despised Alizée as "that French chick he is way too into" into a begrudged Alizée fan. The En Concert DVD helped a lot with that.

I am currently in the process of picking music to play at the reception and I want to know what the community's views are on good Alizée songs to play at a wedding. I think we are going to make sure that there are at least three or four, enough to enjoy them and expose people but not too much so that we overwhelm people or weird them out with all the French music.

Let me know what you think would be the best to play! Remember, they need to be something people can dance to and enjoy.
Congratulations!!!

If I was to choose an Alizée song to play at my wedding it would be Ella Elle La.

It's very upbeat, and a great song to dance to.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8jlYB5ielJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ella, she has it
What, I don't quite know
Something that others don't have,
that puts us in a funny state

Ella, she has it
Ella, she has it
this gift from the sky that makes her beautiful...

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...Your guests surely know this story of I Will Survive - correct ?

One would think they will request it be played if not for nostalgia but the humor alone . I have to insist you reconsider to play it now ! It's a great song played at many a wedding !! To add mostly it's a BIG part of your lives !....

And, in case they do not know the story, just have the DJ read a one sentence note you give him explaining this is the first song you ever danced to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Congratulations!!!

If I was to choose an Alizée song to play at my wedding it would be Ella Elle La.

Agreed.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Congratulations!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8jlYB5ielJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ella, she has it
What, I don't quite know
Something that others don't have,
that puts us in a funny state

Ella, she has it
Ella, she has it
this gift from the sky that makes her beautiful...

I was thinking the same thing.. that song would be good.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Just saw this thread!!! Congrats Awkward (Soon-To-Be Married) Turtle! This made me smile

Tags
wedding