Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default I want to visit France next year

When I was in college, I thought it would be first thing I would do later. But priorities kept on changing.

Current situation make me think again about all this.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:23 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
When I was in college, I thought it would be first thing I would do later. But priorities kept on changing.

That's amazing! We still have to go to Belgium to see the ÀCC building
Old 07-26-2020, 05:40 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Yes we will.

Created this thread as reminder to myself.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is the history of that building:

The Triage Lavoir building was built shortly after world war 2. It was a coal washing plant. Often coal that's pulled from the ground needs to be washed before it can be sold to homes or industry. It was built under the Marshal plan that was to help rebuild Europe. It's just over the border in Belgium.
Several years after it was built, the local coal mines shut down and the building was abandoned and much of the machinery was stripped from it.
So it sat abanadoned and then in 2003, Alizee became a star and an idea came up for a video for the song A Contre Courant. "The video was directed by Pierre Stine, who also suggested the filming location.
After that, there was a plan to fix up the building and put in some small businesses and offices. They completed the outside, but then construction stopped for a few years.

Scuffydog has posted before that he visited that building in 2011. Here is a video of his drive up to that building:

When he was there, he found all the ground floor entrances locked, but he found a way in and took many pictures and videos. Good for Scruffydog!

Inside, he found a relatively new, archaeology speaking, hand print on a window ledge where Alizeé can be seen putting her hand during the video. It must've been hers, because who else would want to put their hands on that dusty surface?

This was posted in this forum in 2011:

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Yes it is. I can just imagine Scruffy, our very own Indiana Jones, discovering this like the Ark of the Covenant, trembling in awe as a golden light bathes him.

Here are is a photo of the handprints, and also a photo of Alizeé, during the filming, putting her hand down on that ledge.

ah505050.jpg

al505050.jpg

Last edited by Bamagirl; 07-27-2020 at 08:50 PM..
Old 07-27-2020, 07:10 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Bamagirl, could you point out where the handprints are? I can't see them
Old 07-27-2020, 07:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post

I probably would've gone earlier this year if it wasn't for the virus. I will think about going next year, but if I go, it will be in the hope I can get the portrait of her I had done in Hawaii autographed by her. I wish I had thought to bring it on my visit to the studio and if I go, I will wait for a time when she feels the danger has passed and there's no threat, especially to her family.

Quote:
Quote:
Here is the history of that building:

The Triage Lavoir building was built shortly after world war 2. It was a coal washing plant. Often coal that's pulled from the ground needs to be washed before it can be sold to homes or industry. It was built under the Marshal plan that was to help rebuild Europe. It's just over the border in Belgium.
Several years after it was built, the local coal mines shut down and the building was abandoned and much of the machinery was stripped from it.
So it sat abanadoned and then in 2003, Alizee became a star and an idea came up for a video for the song A Contre Courant. "The video was directed by Pierre Stine, who also suggested the filming location.
After that, there was a plan to fix up the building and put in some small businesses and offices. They completed the outside, but then construction stopped for a few years.

Scuffydog has posted before that he visited that building in 2011. Here is a video of his drive up to that building:

When he was there, he found all the ground floor entrances locked, but he found a way in and took many pictures and videos. Good for Scruffydog!

Inside, he found a relatively new, archaeology speaking, hand print on a window ledge where Alizeé can be seen putting her hand during the video. It must've been hers, because who else would want to put their hands on that dusty surface?

This was posted in this forum in 2011:

Here are is a photo of the handprints, and also a photo of Alizeé, during the filming, putting her hand down on that ledge.
Attachment 3094

Attachment 3095
That was such an amazing trip. I knew they had started to renovate the building and I can't remember if I knew they had stopped but I'm quite sure as I was going there, I had little hope of getting in. Then I walked around the building, saw all the doors locked, but then I saw a pallet here, a piece of fencing there and saw the second level was wide open. Next thing you know, voila, I was in.

Finding that palm print or finger prints was pretty amazing too. I looked at the video and saw it wasn't exactly where she put her hand in the video but I'll bet they did more than one take of those scenes. I also thought, what other person would put there hands on such a dusty surface unless it served a purpose.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-27-2020 at 07:42 PM..
Old 07-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Bamagirl, could you point out where the handprints are? I can't see them
Hi Aragorn! I resized the photos. They seemed to look ok on my end, but apparently they weren't coming through for anyone else to see clearly. Sorry about that!
Old 07-27-2020, 08:57 PM

The scene of the crime!

Attachment 3104

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2021 at 10:26 PM..
Old 07-28-2020, 04:33 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Aragorn! I resized the photos. They seemed to look ok on my end, but apparently they weren't coming through for anyone else to see clearly. Sorry about that!
No no, I can see the photos. I meant that I can't recognize the shape of the handprints on that dusty surface.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:00 PM

I put together an image to better show what I think were "her" fingerprints.

It looks like something obviously disturbed all the dirt and dust there. Though it's off to the side of what we see in the video, I'm sure they had to do at least a dry run and maybe even 2 or 3 takes to get this right because the guy was running by at the time.

I believe because of her height, she had to pull herself up slightly using that ledge and I imagine might have been standing on her tippy toes.

As far as could someone else have done it? There is a doorway just off to the right that you see in the video. There is no reason where someone would have stopped there to look through the window, when there was a wide open doorway only a couple of feet away.

I rest my case.

Attachment 3106

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2021 at 10:26 PM..