Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
I thought this was the international version:

That's Korean release. And it has 16 tracks (16th is Moi... Lolita).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
That's what I got HibyPrime. Inside was the International Mes Courants Electriques, and two more discs... a J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita video cd single and a Japanese or Korean lyrics booklet
I doubt you got Korean version because it's relatively rare (not Japanese for sure since they got whole another looking release ! ).

Your version is most likely Taiwanese Deluxe release, which is like the one in the image but with little additional text. It has also those two bonus discs. And 7 photo cards (which 4 has lyrics printed on the other side of them).

Korean Deluxe release (the one in the photo) has only 5 photo cards but it also includes tiny mouse pad.

Altho, if you actually did got the Korean Deluxe release, then be happy ! People are paying over 40 euros of it on eBay ! It is one of the most wanted releases there is.

Last edited by RMJ; 12-14-2006 at 03:15 AM..
Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

well rocket. i sometimes get that attitude once in a while. i think im more vulnerable to that type of attitude considering i have never experienced anything alizee. i became a fan in 2006 and she was inactive and all i was left with was a bunch of old-alizee material from the internet. hopefully her comeback is soon so that im there to experience it. i mean that day when theres a topic here saying "ALIZEE'S NEW ALBUM COMES OUT" or single whatever, i want to actually experience that (considering it wont be a joke). i cant even imagine how id react if/when that happens.

btw. look at how this thread drifted off-topic. lol

Last edited by newalizeefan; 12-14-2006 at 04:24 AM..
Old 12-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Korean Deluxe release (the one in the photo) has only 5 photo cards but it also includes tiny mouse pad.

Altho, if you actually did got the Korean Deluxe release, then be happy ! People are paying over 40 euros of it on eBay ! It is one of the most wanted releases there is.
Are you talking about this release? Mes Courants Electriques [Import]
This is it's descritption:
Sophomore album for the French teen pop-star. This Asian edition adds one exclusive bonus track 'Moi...Lolita' & a bonus VCD with two tracks, 'Moi...Lolita' & 'I'm Fed Up'. Also included is a 5 inch mousepad with Alizee's photo plus 5 postcard size picture cards. Standard jewel case & slimline jewel case housed in a slipcase. Universal. 2003.

Watch it sell out now before I get a copy...
Old 12-14-2006, 03:18 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'm more afraid for the ones who are waiting for her to come back as she was. A wide-eyed innocent with an awesome voice. She wanted to let us know that in her second album. It was sort of a 'no longer a child - not yet a woman'. Now she's a woman and if she comes back I (for one) hope she comes back with an 'in yer face' attitude. LOL Come back at kick some butt Aliz'ee.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:37 PM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

i liked her music during her lolita era.
i liked her music during her MCE era.
i think without a doubt im gonna like her music when she comesback.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Are you talking about this release? Mes Courants Electriques [Import]
Yeah.

Interesting that Amazon has gotten more of it. If it really is the right version. Tho, it wouldn't be first time when Amazon has wrong description for an item. Especially since the Taiwanese and Korean version are almost identical. And well, shipping time is said to be 1 to 3 weeks which means that they have trouble getting them to be send (not in storage).

But if it really is the real Korean release, then it's nice thing to have for collectors.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:35 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So, I don't much see point getting the French version unless you are collecting all the versions of the albums.
I decided to get the original French version because the international version puts the English versions in place of the French ones, bumping the original French songs to the end. I wanted the "MCE experience" in its original form, not a CD that bounced between redone English versions and French songs.

If the international version had the English songs at the end, instead of interspersed among the French songs, I might have gotten it instead. As it is, I don't think the English versions compare to the original French, so I don't really regret not having them.

To each their own, I guess...
Old 12-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
As it is, I don't think the English versions compare to the original French, so I don't really regret not having them.
Umm... Only INT and IFU doesn't compare with originals...

But Youpidoo beats it's original version anytime and Amélie is at bar with the original version.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Umm... Only INT and IFU doesn't compare with originals...

But Youpidoo beats it's original version anytime and Amélie is at bar with the original version.
I dissagree about Youpidou. I think the english version changes the meaning of the song too much. In the French it seems to be about escaping some asshole, hence "Youpidou." In the English, its more about not holding onto a non-commital relationship; that added to "Youpidou" in this context, Alizee comes off as almost cruel in this context. Nah, I like being able to feel protective of Alizee agianst this imaginary asshole, rather than broken hearted by her leaving me in an imaginary all-to-short relationship.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned

Well, atleast the English version makes sense, unlike the French one which is plain non-sense.

And what's the more important, it sounds better !