Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Tical 808

Im kinda the same. Before I work out and stuff I put my ipod on shuffle, but I got into a habit of skipping songs till an Alizee one comes on haha
Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical 808 View Post
I tried to show Alizee to some of the guys and ended up getting laughed at cuz I got "soft." But I don't care, I can still beat them at everything and I still like Alizee haha. This type of thing happen to anyone else?
At 44 years old I don't get laughs, I get weird looks....very weird looks. Don't worry. I've discovered there are those who "get it" (and it matters not age or gender), and those who don't "get it". You can't explain it to those who don't "get it" and you really don't have to do anything to those who do...because they "get it". Got it?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:15 AM

penguinluvr91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I tried to show Alizee to some of the guys and ended up getting laughed at cuz I got "soft." But I don't care, I can still beat them at everything and I still like Alizee haha. This type of thing happen to anyone else?
i think its kinda mean of your friends to laugh at you and say that you got "soft" because Alizée's music just has such a positive impact on people but its good that you dont care what they think of you for listening to her music
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I work at a hospital, so I have a very diverse group of friends, or aquaintences. Most of them look at Alizée and look @ me, and say "Oh! He's just going through that 'mid-life crisis' thing!" ...... But i have turned a couple people on to her music.... So its all good!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 01-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Tical most of us are in the same boat. I showed Alizée to my friends and I got laughed at. Well only for a few moments because I looked at them in extreme anger because I am twice the size of most of my friends. They are the same age but a few are frightened of me. Haha. I did get my little friend hooked on her though and I think he is on this site. Don't know the name though haha.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default MODS! Merge these would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
At 44 years old I don't get laughs, I get weird looks....very weird looks. Don't worry. I've discovered there are those who "get it" (and it matters not age or gender), and those who don't "get it". You can't explain it to those who don't "get it" and you really don't have to do anything to those who do...because they "get it". Got it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I work at a hospital, so I have a very diverse group of friends, or aquaintences. Most of them look at Alizée and look @ me, and say "Oh! He's just going through that 'mid-life crisis' thing!" ...... But i have turned a couple people on to her music.... So its all good!

Ed
Yeah - i've gotten the weird looks and the "DOM" (Dirty Old Man) thing from a couple of people - then i ask if they need their diapers changed, do they need a burp, or is it past their "nappy" time.... They leave me alone after that......

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Tical 808

The big question that pops in my head all the time is how can you not like her. Shes beautiful, talented, and her music is better than most of the stuff coming out nowadays.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

my friends, they because they never expect i would listen to french. but i let them listen to some of alizee songs, and again, they because i can sing in french too! but hey, i got my best friend went crazy because she can't get alizee's 'j'ai pai vingt ans' out of her head! gotcha!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I got it... got it?

HAHA they put up with it. I go around blasting the music and try to sing to it but the words come out funny most of the time. Its best when im drunk cuz i'll make people listen to it, then sing to them, then make them dance with me! yea, its fun. Athough i did just move out to Arizona from North Carolina so not many people to harrass yet, but there are a few
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

I don't care what masses are thinking. To me matters only what I feel.