Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 AM

_♥_ is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

:'( It reads like ykw's 'dear jane' letter and her frustrated take on it, all rolled into one. ),:

:'( Too personal??

Do we have writting credits yet?

Last edited by _♥_; 07-01-2012 at 02:35 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 02:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well there are haters and then on the opposite end of the end of the spectrum there are what I usually refer to as butt kissers. A lot of people get labeled as one or the other unfairly, something I've done at times and something that's been done to me at times. Now I absolutely hate what she is doing with her tatoos, but I certainly don't hate her.

Now in France there does appear to be what seems to be true haters. I have no idea if it's only an insignificant few or a number much greater than that.
Now for some of the younger fans who aren't that familiar with a lot of Alizee's history, it's been said that a lot of Alizee's fans were Mylene Farmer fans first and when they seperated, most of these fans stayed with Mylene Farmer.
It was also "alleged" that there was some bad blood in the break up. One "rumor" said that Alizee was told she should have been making more money than she was and also that she knew the lyrics of some of her songs were sort of controversial, but she didn't really realize how very controversial they were until later and because of these things, she was upset.

There was even a rumor that a line or two from one of her songs on Psych was directed in a negative way at Mylene.

Like I said it's all rumor, but I think there were many Alizee/MF fans that thought Alizee was pissed at MF and they thought how dare she! and I think it was the fans who believed these rumors who turned out to be Alizee haters.

You can still probably go to one of the Mylene Farmer forums and go through some of these old posts yourself if you want to do the leg work.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-01-2012 at 02:40 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 06:37 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I really have high hopes for her new album. She appears to have the full support of Sony this time around. Then, you have Jean-Jacques Goldman, a Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter who is widely popular and respected in France, writing a song or two for her. Though I don't know anything about the others involved, judging from her first single, I think Sony picked the right people for her.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:11 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

This was her problem with her last two albums, she had her husband and their

friends doing the writing. Now that she has Sony calling the shots, they're

going out and finding some of the best talent available for her material.

Like they say in computer programing Garbage in, Garbage out.

A great song can make a marginal singer look good. And on the other hand a

great singer can't make a marginal song a hit.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
.......................... And on the other hand a

great singer can't make a marginal song a hit.
That's close to what happened here in my opinion. I think the music was marginal and Alizee's voice did an awful lot to improve it, but I don't think it will be a hit in France, however I want to see the video before I make final judgement on that.

I am pleased at the voice range that they used for this song and think it will bode well for her other ballads and I would think the music will improve.

We still have to wait to see what her other genre of songs will be like, but I still think there will be a couple of top ten hits on this album.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:00 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Haters are just dumb, arrogant, and rude. I dont even give them attention. They are just attention seeking dipshits.

Was just reading some comments on a youtube page for the song "Georgia Peach" by Lauren Alaina today, and the things the haters about her. Shes fat, her voice is bad, shes snotty. Not true at all.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Is there a date on when the vid will drop? ... I realize I have been dormant for a while... I been working on my PhD ... *raising the roof* ... and haven't be able to visit in a while.. lots of things going on with me... can someone please PM me the latest? thanks!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:01 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well there are haters and then on the opposite end of the end of the spectrum there are what I usually refer to as butt kissers. A lot of people get labeled as one or the other unfairly, something I've done at times and something that's been done to me at times. Now I absolutely hate what she is doing with her tatoos, but I certainly don't hate her.

Now in France there does appear to be what seems to be true haters. I have no idea if it's only an insignificant few or a number much greater than that.
Now for some of the younger fans who aren't that familiar with a lot of Alizee's history, it's been said that a lot of Alizee's fans were Mylene Farmer fans first and when they seperated, most of these fans stayed with Mylene Farmer.
I would like to volunteer as Alizee's official butt kisser. Only because she has such a nice one.

Objectively speaking, I don't think this new Alizee single will be a hit in France. I think Alizee fans in general are very pleased with the new song despite it being different for her, and most will buy it. (It's pop, but it's 60s retro pop.) Still, it's Alizee's voice and a return to pop. But someone who has no idea who Alizee is may agree it's a pleasant song, but not worthy of buying. I am confident that Alizee's single will do far better in the U.S. and Mexico than it will in France.

As for Mylene's fans, screw them. They are entitled to their nasty feelings about Alizee, but I just try to avoid the M.F. International forum. My feeling is, I don't like them, and they don't like me. But screw what they think.

After listening to the new song (and I must have listened to it over 30 to 40 times already), I'm beginning to feel that strong love for Alizee once again. Like I said, it's not a song that moves me like her earlier work, but it is pleasant where I can put it on repeat and enjoy it. It felt like I lost the old Alizee for awhile especially with UEDS, but the song and her recent emergence in the spotlight again is a glimmer of the old Alizee that I really love to death. What a coincidence - no Jeremy!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Father of Alizée announced on Twitter that he will soon publish pictures of the "making off" of the video "" À cause de l'automne"

Old 07-03-2012, 06:32 PM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Well, I just did a casual Google search on A cause de l'automne and stopped after the first 30 solid pages of hits announcing Alizée's return single and album etc so someone's taking notice somewhere! Let's hope she's feeling suitably encouraged, excited, energised, positive, thrilled etc....

Tags
a cause de l'automne