Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I'm sure that very not anyone could do this. I'm looking for bit more detailed answer.

Fine ill try to explain this as best I can.
As you may or may not know with scuba divers, when they dive they have to dive in intervals with rest in between. That is because the air is getting denser and denser as they dive deeper and with every breath they are taking in more air than their bodies can handle. The reason for this is the density and pressure of any fluid is a function of depth/altitude. As you go deeper there is more fluid on top of you pushing down on you creating more pressure and therefore a greater density. Right now at sea level, you feel about 14 psi of pressure from the air above you. That 14 psi is the air pressure at standard atmospheric conditions in which is 1 atm (Atmosphere). Now as one goes higher in elevation the opposite is true from what I mentioned before. There is now less air pushing down on you so the pressure in psi or atm (which ever unit you like more) goes down. Since pressure is going down, air density goes down as well since there is less pressure pushing the air molecules together. Now when you are at sea level you breath a certain density of air molecules, which is 1.2250 kilograms/meter^3 ... as you go higher that density decreases so now with every breath you are taking in less air since the air molecules are space further apart. This causes altitude sickness, disorientation, blackouts and various other things to the human body due to lack of air. However if someone is very physically fit, their body like a runner is able to take in more air than most people, as well as operate more efficiently in situations where they are not getting optimal airflow.
As for the Gs, that's self explanatory, the more positive Gs the more you weigh and that causes a lot of strain on the body in every way.
As for being a skilled jumper, he has to know when to deploy is chute, he as to know how to position is body to reduce Gs, he has to keep control of his fall so he does not tumble out of control and final he has to dismount from the capsule carefully so he falls with the right trajectory and once again does not tumble out of control.
If you want a more detilaed explination than this I suggest you contact Felix himself and ask

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
greaat...

I think I can see Ajaccio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
...atmospherses, molecules, G's...
I'm not trying to take away from the accomplishment, but if that's a pressurized suit with an air supply, then that's a proven system that's been used I'd guess by hundreds of people who were not trained athletes. Scuba divers don't wear pressurized suits. As for G's, how many are we talking about here? And these G's aren't being caused by being pressed into a seat in a plane, they would be distributed equally over his entire body and (I'm guessing) further distributed by the suit. How long did it take to get from 700+ MPH down to 170 or so? It (G's)would ramp up gradually and then diminish gradually. Wouldn't it? Some athleticism required once he got into dense enough air where he had to maintain attitude (physical positioning in relation to trajectory, not a mental state) which would be over a longer period of time than an average jump. Lot's of people skydive so that training is common, though this would require some more but probably not much.

I think it was mostly funding and courage that made this possible. Dare I say marketing event?

I hesitate to even submit....
Old 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think I can see Ajaccio!

I'm not trying to take away from the accomplishment, but if that's a pressurized suit with an air supply, then that's a proven system that's been used I'd guess by hundreds of people who were not trained athletes. Scuba divers don't wear pressurized suits. As for G's, how many are we talking about here? And these G's aren't being caused by being pressed into a seat in a plane, they would be distributed equally over his entire body and (I'm guessing) further distributed by the suit. How long did it take to get from 700+ MPH down to 170 or so? It (G's)would ramp up gradually and then diminish gradually. Wouldn't it? Some athleticism required once he got into dense enough air where he had to maintain attitude (physical positioning in relation to trajectory, not a mental state) which would be over a longer period of time than an average jump. Lot's of people skydive so that training is common, though this would require some more but probably not much.

I think it was mostly funding and courage that made this possible. Dare I say marketing event?

I hesitate to even submit....
Yes the suit was definitely pressurized as for he is in a near vacuum, if it wasn't his insides would pretty much be sucked out .. it would not be very pleasant.

Your'e talking about 5 to 7 Gs for a sustained period of time in which looks a little something like the video below. Now Ive personally experienced 4.5 Gs on Kingda Ka ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingda_Ka ) but that is only for about half a second and is nothing like taking 5+ for about a minute or two in which requires a lot of training.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YT2WuKERUJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:

Quote:
Oh yea it was complelte marketing of course .. hence redbull stamp all over everything! However it wasn't just courage as for you'd see more people who definitely have the money doing this (hell ide do it if they allowed me to, and I stand by that if anyone here has connections and can get me through to I would definitely jump ) however it is not that simple though I wish it was.

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 10-14-2012 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

great shot

Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Another great shot...

Old 10-16-2012, 03:28 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

This was done half century ago, with less gimmicks and more courage.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8V2ncwumv9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
This was done half century ago, with less gimmicks and more courage.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8V2ncwumv9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Are you sure it wasn't hoaxed

Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Next I'd like to see someone get launched in a capsule into orbit, then exit the capsule and have the capsule move off. Then have the guy do one 'lap around the earth' in his suit, fire a little rocket to slow down and reenter, and then parachute to the ground. 17,000 MPH, 100 miles up, 90 minutes for the orbit. Fun stuff!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

How inspiring is it that there truly is no limit to what we as humans can accomplish? This is crazy!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Next I'd like to see someone get launched in a capsule into orbit, then exit the capsule and have the capsule move off. Then have the guy do one 'lap around the earth' in his suit, fire a little rocket to slow down and reenter, and then parachute to the ground. 17,000 MPH, 100 miles up, 90 minutes for the orbit. Fun stuff!
That would be fantastic ... and amazing to see. The only problem is the poor soul who tries this would burn up upon reentry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
How inspiring is it that there truly is no limit to what we as humans can accomplish? This is crazy!
Yep, and that is why we need more of this! Teach people to dream about the stars, not the Jersey Shore ... as for when dreaming of the stars the sky's the limit!