Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

RMJ, thanks for posting your translation, I like the way you wrote "runs you down." I'll stick that in mine (and feel free to use my elements in yours).
Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Is it possible that the song is refering to her elationship with Jeremy and that maybe it isn't going so good? I am sure Jeremy said all kinds of encouraging and sweet things when they first met, and then after he got her and a kid he started neglecting her and treating her bad? Kind of like how Andy got what he wanted and then neglected Edie.

I know that it would be hard for her to write a song like that considering he is a part of the team, but maybe she didn't let him know what she was referencing.

This is just creative thought.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

dude you guys need to stop jumping to conclusions and assuming all this "negligence" on the part of mylene farmer. first of all lili didn't write the lyrics and second of all, i've seen factory girl and i don't see much resemblance in edie with lili. edie was a troubled girl before she met warhol and warhol was known for replacing his "superstars" all the time. he's famous for saying everyone gets their 15 min. of fame and i don't think that was mylene's mentality with lili. i can't imagine that the song is actually a representation of lili's feelings toward her former producer(s), at most maybe the songwriters are the ones trying to stir things up. but why can't a song be just a song, a tribute to edie instead of a double meaning of mylene's screwover of lili? i think we've been too conditioned by mylene's lyrics and their double meanings but guys mylene's not involved in lili's stuff anymore! maybe a song is just a song.

my prediction:

in every song that's released, we will somehow find references to some tabloid-like issues with things that we speculate could have happened behind closed doors....oooh...i can see it sooooo coming...
Old 08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Okay, know what everybody? If you'd like to rewrite the paragraph of how the song relates to Alizée's relationship with MF, I will put it up there. I understand your point, and I was rather biased as I wrote it, but I'm not gonna change it unless somebody gives me a replacement or we get any new ideas.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Things are heating up haha
Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Um...can we at least wait till we've all listened to the whole song before we start coming to blows about what the song means?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
dude you guys need to stop jumping to conclusions and assuming all this "negligence" on the part of mylene farmer. first of all lili didn't write the lyrics and second of all, i've seen factory girl and i don't see much resemblance in edie with lili. edie was a troubled girl before she met warhol and warhol was known for replacing his "superstars" all the time. he's famous for saying everyone gets their 15 min. of fame and i don't think that was mylene's mentality with lili. i can't imagine that the song is actually a representation of lili's feelings toward her former producer(s), at most maybe the songwriters are the ones trying to stir things up. but why can't a song be just a song, a tribute to edie instead of a double meaning of mylene's screwover of lili? i think we've been too conditioned by mylene's lyrics and their double meanings but guys mylene's not involved in lili's stuff anymore! maybe a song is just a song.

my prediction:

in every song that's released, we will somehow find references to some tabloid-like issues with things that we speculate could have happened behind closed doors....oooh...i can see it sooooo coming...
I think it is fun to speculate. I am only posting creative thoughts to stir up conversation and keep things fresh. I am not trying to jump to conclusions, because I know this is purely fun speculation.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:22 PM

marik is on a distinguished road

i am completely lost to Alizée...
Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 PM

B_M_E is on a distinguished road

Yea mmm well there isn't much logic in why would Alizée choose to sing a tribute song about some deceased american actress as her come back song, especially after all that has happened in her life and the hiatus she's been taken. So now she just comes back to the music scene with a song with a totally random topic as the mark of her comeback... I don't know guys, don't really make sense to me, there must be a reason why she had chosen that song specifically, and I doubt it's the song writters who are telling her to sing it since we all pretty much know that this time she is in control of everything... just my two cents
Old 08-26-2007, 12:13 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Well, the story of Edie Sedgwick apparently became quite hot last year (e.g., Factory Girl starring Sienna Miller and various other things like her biography and etc.)
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ers_meaty.html

It wouldn't be the first time she sang about a movie she liked, right?

I think people might be getting hung up on the idea that it has to be autobiographical and all that. Maybe there's just enough to get you wondering (which would be in keeping with her previous work). If the goal is to stimulate multi-page discussions about the lyrics, then the songwriters will have succeeded. (Not that I know the lyrics, but would we be having an analogous discussion for, say, Lorie's Parti Pour Zouker?)

Last edited by fsquared; 08-26-2007 at 12:21 AM..