Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-26-2007, 03:37 AM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road
Default Where did we get the lyrics?

I'm still looking around, but quick question: where did we get any of the lyrics beyond those that appear in the 20 second clip?

Hylas1896
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

i think it's kinda stupid to blame Mylene for everything, what went wrong with Alizee. Mylene has fans too and she had to work for them too not to give everything for Alizee because anyways she gave really a lot to Alizee and you, seeing only a bad way for Mylene...i can't tollerate it. Mylene is a human like everybody too she can't do EVERYTHING at the same moment. just try to imagine yourself in Mylene's place and you will see how it is difficult. and i don't think that Mylene completely neglected Alizee, they were very good friends at last, it can't be...just...it is maybe the simpliest way to blame Mylene for everything what Alizee got or not, it is stupid. you have never been in music business and you just can guess how hard it is to handle all these things...

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
i think it's kinda stupid to blame Mylene for everything, what went wrong with Alizee. Mylene has fans too and she had to work for them too not to give everything for Alizee because anyways she gave really a lot to Alizee and you, seeing only a bad way for Mylene...i can't tollerate it. Mylene is a human like everybody too she can't do EVERYTHING at the same moment. just try to imagine yourself in Mylene's place and you will see how it is difficult. and i don't think that Mylene completely neglected Alizee, they were very good friends at last, it can't be...just...it is maybe the simpliest way to blame Mylene for everything what Alizee got or not, it is stupid. you have never been in music business and you just can guess how hard it is to handle all these things...
It would also be stupid to ignore the fact that Mylène had some part to play in the sales of MCE, and that she didn't put as much energy into it as she did Gourmandises.

Amélie you have to look at it this way, we are bigger fans of Alizée, so we have one biased view, you are a huge fan of Mylène, and have a biased view in a different way, so it would be very hard to agree either way.

And about the interpretation, I feel the one you have may be right. It could also be that the song is what you see with nothing hidden, but that is a lot less romantic, isn't it?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
and that she didn't put as much energy into it as she did Gourmandises.
How is everybody reaching this conclusion? Because MCE didn't sell as well as Gourmandises? Mylene isn't god, she can't control the market. B_M_E said everything she touches is successful, but that isn't true, she's had her share of failures. I'm sure she and everyone else tried their best with MCE.

Last edited by Ben; 08-26-2007 at 07:03 AM..
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
How is everybody reaching this conclusion? Because MCE didn't sell as well as Gourmandises? Mylene isn't god, she can't control the market. B_M_E said everything she touches is successful, but that isn't true, she's had her share of failures. I'm sure she and everyone else tried their best with MCE.
exactly. i don't think that searching for someone's fault is needed. because it's no one's fault and.. hey stop looking to the past!

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
I'm still looking around, but quick question: where did we get any of the lyrics beyond those that appear in the 20 second clip?

Hylas1896
Cindy from AFC, who is obviously Francophone, transcribed them.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Is it possible that the song is refering to her elationship with Jeremy and that maybe it isn't going so good?
No, it's not. I mean, yes, it's possible that their relationship "isn't going so good" (although I have no reason to believe that), but it's not possible that she would put that, or anything else about their relationship, in a song. That would be so out of character for her that it isn't worth considering IMO.

The more I think about it, the less likely I find it that this song is about her relationship with Mylène any more than with Jérémy. Except in the very broad sense that it has to do with her early career and the need to break away from the "trap" that represented, and of course her early career was in partnership with Mylène. Here's one counterindication of bad things between them: Mylène's fan sites, including her "unofficial official" one, still pay tribute to Alizée, even though the partnership is history. If there were bad feelings at least on that end, I don't think that would be happening.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 08-26-2007 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-26-2007, 03:41 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Amelie, I'm sorry for that interpretation, but I was merely trying to make some connection between Alizée and Mylène that I was discussing with others. You know how anything can get carried away... I hope you remember that I respect Mylène, her music, and all she has done for Alizée .
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Is it possible that the song is refering to her elationship with Jeremy and that maybe it isn't going so good?
YOU WISH!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road
Default Analysis of the title

The superficial meaning of the title is explained by "Né en cinquante, Sexy soixante". However, upon seeing this title written as a fraction, I've begun to think of "Fifty // Sixty" as percentages in a deal. Since these percentages don't add up to 100%, it's an impossible deal (unlike 50 / 50 or 60 / 40). Perhaps everyone already noticed this, but it didn't strike me immediately.

Anyway, does anyone know what the significance of the double slashes is in France? And who started writing the song title this way in the first place?