Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM

megamixfactory is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey, I like this topic. Have read things like that for so many times on so many webpages....
I'm from Germany - so not an ocean between me and France - but even if I would live in the same city or same street like Alizee I think one thing is imortant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I really have no interest in meeting anyone that I don't want to get to know, and if I do want to get to know them I don't want to just meet them briefly.
Couldn't say it better. Okay, I'm not in love with Alizee - she's a few years younger than me and I'm married - but when I was young I had the same problems with a women called Kylie Minogue....
I met her once and talked to her 10 (or maybe 20) words. She said. "Oh, thank you", and disappeared behind the record-studio door in London.
That's the way it is and would be if anyone of you guys here would met Alizee personally.

You all have your hopes and dreams and what would life be without it? I know, you didn't believe it and all of you think "my love is stronger than the love of all the others" but one day you will look "back" to Alizee like I do to Kylie - just with a little smile

btw. sorry for my english. Certainly not perfect but I hope you all understand what I mean?!

Greetings from Germany
Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 AM

Spaltl is on a distinguished road

great post

Welcome.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamixfactory View Post
btw. sorry for my english. Certainly not perfect but I hope you all understand what I mean?!
Votre Anglais est bonne.
Comment est mon français?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
The way to meet and talk with the stars - get a job at a place they visit occasionally. From my time working at country clubs I've met quite a few celebrities and professional athletes.

Although I'm not sure where somebody could work that Alizée would visit every once in awhile.
get a job in her home as her cleaning lady or man
whatever works for you .
lol

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamixfactory View Post
Hey, I like this topic. Have read things like that for so many times on so many webpages....
I'm from Germany - so not an ocean between me and France - but even if I would live in the same city or same street like Alizee I think one thing is imortant:

Couldn't say it better. Okay, I'm not in love with Alizee - she's a few years younger than me and I'm married - but when I was young I had the same problems with a women called Kylie Minogue....
I met her once and talked to her 10 (or maybe 20) words. She said. "Oh, thank you", and disappeared behind the record-studio door in London.
That's the way it is and would be if anyone of you guys here would met Alizee personally.

You all have your hopes and dreams and what would life be without it? I know, you didn't believe it and all of you think "my love is stronger than the love of all the others" but one day you will look "back" to Alizee like I do to Kylie - just with a little smile

Greetings from Germany
I knew right away English was your second language, but you do a lot better than most of the other random people who pop on here and try to spew their attempt at English. I try to be tolerant, but sometimes it does get annoying when it seems like these people want to post on an English board w/o knowing English. O.K. rant over...Btw, that was supposed to be a compliment, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Votre Anglais est bonne.
Comment est mon français?
Uhhhh, Ogre, did you read ne of the post? He (She?) said twice that they were from Germany...GG. Although, I guess that's a legit requiest to ask a German to comment on yur French so more power to ya.

Last edited by rwd716; 04-16-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atra201 View Post
get a job in her home as her cleaning lady or man
whatever works for you .
lol
I worked in the golf department, the only reason besides the money I'd work at a country club to begin with.

But maybe you should get a job as an irritating asshole that takes simple suggestions people make out of context.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Alizée pour la vie

forgot_86 is on a distinguished road

some people can lose their nerve here.........
Old 04-16-2008, 05:56 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
Uhhhh, Ogre, did you read ne of the post? He (She?) said twice that they were from Germany...GG. Although, I guess that's a legit requiest to ask a German to comment on yur French so more power to ya.
Yes, it was my attempt at a joke. What better way to respond to a native German speaker posting in English on a board devoted to a French Princess than from a native English speaker responding in French.

Edit: Also it is often a sign of good will for two people who are fluent in their native tongue, but share a second tongue, to converse in the common second tongue. Mutual adversity, even in language, helps people bond. Alternatively, a back and forth between native tongues can help. In my case, considering I don't know much German, I must resort to an offering in the mutual common second tongue.

As for others making poor attempts at speakig English on these boards, I accept them. What is their alternative? To not come here at all? I appreciate non-Native speakers coming to our American board and attempting to participate through their English. Is it poor sometimes? Yes. But I in no way would wish to discourage it. I believe it is a sign of respect, and we should return the respect.

Last edited by OGRE; 04-16-2008 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 AM

megamixfactory is on a distinguished road

Maybe I should write my next posts in german?

For us, there's a problem we have to face: Many...many...many internetpages are in english. For you this is obviously no problem because you're native speaking english. But how many of the english speaking people have mastered the basics of a 2nd language???

I don't know how good Alizées english is but germans often speak better english than french - and dutch speak better english than germans i.e.

Furthermore it is one of the absolute advanteges of the www that I can contact people in america within a few minutes. I never knew that Alizée has fans in the US and I never thought that she had released records there...

But the proper reason for me to post here was that I didn't found a good Alizée-page in german language. Alizée isn't very popular in Germany, or I would say, no one would recognize her if she passes by on the street. Her last album wasn't released here as well as many of her singles and we didn't read anything of her in the press.
I don't know really why...maybe it's only because she's not singing german or english an if she does (I'm fed up - I'm not twenty) people were nasty on it because of her accent. She didn't get a real chance here -that's why I've contacted you!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Your english is very good for a second language, and better than 90% of the people who have english as their first language!