Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Wow...ok so this is happening again...
Old 02-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yes, it is happening again. And I wholeheartedly agree that one of the purposes of a forum is for discussing opinions, but I have to say that repeating the same statements over and over again hardly constitutes a discussion. Nothing new is being added to this discussion. It is like the proverbial beating of the dead horse.

I think the problem here is not so much the opinions being expressed, but HOW they are being expressed that is so aggravating to fellow members. It is one thing to say, "I don't like Alizée's tattoos". That's fine and it's a valid opinion. But to imply that there is some absolute correct position on the matter is another.

For whatever reason, this topic seems to push people's buttons and generate some strong negative feelings. I think it would be better to stick to the subject of the tattoos and not turn this into a battle of personalities. Personally, I think this thread has probably already run its course, and if it persists in generating problems, it will be closed.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Elderly Alizée fan

pepon66 is on a distinguished road

cool!.. I like reading this thread... ... Saludos!!!!

Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
You are not making here a discussion, you are making here a "I'm right, and you not!" thread. But typical for americans, only you need to have right, and the rest are wrong.
That coudn't be any further from the truth. I said before I make mistakes all the time. I also said in another thread recently after following her for 7 years, I still really don't know what she's like inside with the exception that I'm sure she's a wonderful caring person. I think she's more of a gangsta, but I'm not saying that's bad. It's just not what her and MF led me to believe she was.

I have very strong views of how I think she should handle her career and what she has done wrong and what she has done right in her career, but I'm the first to realize I could be completely wrong, but until she proves me wrong, I will state those views the way I see them.

Please don't start insulting me or others for our nationalities. There is a low life in AF who does it all the time and I hate to see that start here because we have members from all over. Maybe you can attack me for my age, or maybe you can attack me for my religion, I'm catholic...........hey wait a minute..........Alizee is catholic.......at least on paper. I know, I was in Vietman. You can call me a baby killer..........no that's no good. I was with what was callled a dustoff unit. We picked up wounded troops and occassionaly v.c. and civilians.............but I guess that wont work because I don't think we left any dead babies in our wake.

I'll give it some more thought and get back to you along with an answer to that Miley Cyrus question.
Quote:
You are not Alizée, you dont know how it is. Maybe she doesn't sell milions, but I don't think the last albums were mistake. But cause you cant see the positive side of each album, you can't understand.
Positive side of what? No top ten hits! Did she even have a top 20 hit? With 3 albums she couldn't hold one concert. You really think she is happy with that? Quit making exscuses for her. To say all she wants is the level of success if you can call it that,which she has achieved so far is to say she's been lying to and using Sony for her own desires, because you can be dam sure they'd like her to have some top 10 hits and some concerts.

Quote:
Would like to see, if you would be such hero, and tell Alizée directly to her eyes all her "mistakes".
I would absolutely love to tell her to her face my views Trouble is the horses are out of the barn. So much damage has already been done. We actually discused this some time ago and said I'd like to be able to tell her my views, even if afterwards she said she doesn't ever want to see me again at any autograph sessions or concerts or Les Enfoires.
Some here seem to think you have close ties to Alizee. How about if I put together a letter for you to give to her? Or better yet, tell me a time and place she'd like to meet me someplace and I will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
looking at my post I don't see anything offensive in that. Maybe Scruffy thought I would know how much he hates tattoos but well... looks like I didn't. I might have known that he doesn't like them but I wasn't aware how much he actually hates them. I don't visit AAm so very often..
I should've realized you might not have been aware of it, but it's been a much discussed topic in this forum.

Quote:
So what do you do if you post something "harmless" like a video containing Alizée's new tattoo and the first thing you read is something which basically says "What kind of crap is she doing again?". You react. I wasn't entirely sure what exactly made him so upset and what on earth he meant with Grégoire talking sense into her. So that's about my first post. .
That's twisting my words. Basicly what I said is he did something that made no sense (for someone in his position) because of her.

Quote:
And so I later explained my point of view and that's all. And then I left the discussion because I know I would just getting tired of this discussion. So what exactly did I do wrong? .
You did nothing wrong really. What happened was a discussion was started and some people get upset in here when you do something other than sing the praises of Alizee.

Quote:
I accept Scruffy's views. But I have a different point of view and I have the same right to stick to my view as Scruffy who sticks to his. And if he's allowed to make his point clear over and over again why am I not? Yeah maybe I wrote something similar before - maybe I can't remember - but does it make my opinions less valid? But to be honest I don't like endless discussions because looking at Scruffy's endless posts - and he's very good in arguing I give him that - I'm generally a person who doesn't like endless discussions (when I know that I can never say the right thing anyway) and then I'm easily getting tired of giving contra, there will always another thing to bring up etc. and in this case for the sake of this place and that we all want to live in peace I left the discussion. And I had no intention to reply another time but I had to react to your post because I had to put things right ok. And atm I'm totally not sorry about it.

I'm out.
You could not have said that first sentence any better. You have your view and I have mine. I feel passionate about mine and I'm sure you feel passionate about yours and the truth probably lays some where in the middle.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-28-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was in Vietman. You can call me a baby killer..........no that's no good.
Hell yeah........ who's anyone to protest you hey...... unless they've been you, or been there...... well this one's for you Scruffydog777.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 02-28-2014 at 09:36 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Hell yeah........ who's anyone to protest you hey...... unless they've been you, or been there...... well this one's for you Scruffydog777.

Well that brought back memories. I went over to serve my country. When I came back, I felt like a criminal. Things have changed in recent years and I'm glad people now realize the sacrifice our troops have made.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

General request.
1. Please treat each other with respect - always.
2. Please never generalize about Americans (or Germans, or French, or blacks, or whites, etc. for that matter). It is always offensive. Americans are very, very different. We are a melting pot of almost every culture in the world. In fact, the similarities are often more centered around age than anything else. For example, a younger person (and sometimes a very old person) tends to see things in a more black and white way than older ones (who are more apt to perceive the shades of gray in a situation).

Thanks,
Rev

PS - 3. If someone forgets 1 and 2, try not to stoop to their level. Set the example.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Whenever I read Scruffy's post related to her career, I'm somewhat able to relate it to myself. I can't go in details, but let's just say that my current situation surprises people around me. I'm often advised that I'm making mistakes and taking wrong decisions. But that's where problem lies. Very few people understand my problem and struggle, they see my abilities and comment accordingly. But they fail to realize why most of what they say don't matter to me.

Same thing I can see in her also. Scruffy constantly fumes about her decisions and thinks she has been going down wrong path. But remember even the closest ones around may not realize what is going on someone's mind and at the end of the day we are fans. We know only what is publicly available. We are not involved in her personal life. We have made her part of our life, for some she is inseparable part, but it's still one sided closeness. We might never understand reasons behind her decisions and even though some of those decisions may appear to be big mistakes, I don't think it can be treated as fact.

Scruffy think of it this way - when you were struggling, you found her and made her reason for your happiness. This might seem to be ok for everyone. But it motivated you, gave you a reason to take your life ahead. She could be in similar situation. You won't be able to explain her situation, but that just doesn't mean she going down.

One of my friend always say - if you are able to find meaning of life in small things, then that's all matters for you

Edit:

I had to end my post above post abruptly.

Sometimes others might not be able to relate to to those small bit of life which may shape your entire thought process, your nature and your ways, but you always can. After a certain age, you should be allowed to act accordingly and others shouldn't get much disappointed about what appears to be mistakes. Well, you can get disappointed, angry, but it shouldn't be a reason to hate that either that person or certain aspects of that person. Just accept it as part of that person and move on. Whenever you decide to follow someone, learn to accept them as a package and you should be able to adapt to changes in that package. You may not feel comfortable with everything though.

Scruffy, I believe this thread has already been discussed a lot and we are just rehashing same issues every now and then.

For all members (including Scruffy), I would say take a chill pill. Just let it go for a while and meanwhile think about it. We don't stop members from expressing their views. If you don't like someone's views, then you may choose not to respond to it. Ignoring is not that difficult. If you want to reply and ready for discussion, then it's fine. Respect others and earn respect for yourself.

There is no need to think about leaving about this place for some discussion. If you have enjoyed some aspects of this place then stay here for those reasons.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 03-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I have been silently reading for a while and I noticed this topic rose up again. I used to be sad, torn, and sincere about Alizée's tattoos as well. But I'm not anymore. I just accept that it is the way she is and I don't sweat over it. And Scruffy, I think you need to relax and let it be too. There is no sense in getting passionate about something you can't change or make a difference in. We are better off getting upset about global warming. At least we could minimize our own carbon foot prints and do something about it, albeit so small. But I mean, what can we do about Alizée' tattoos? There is nothing we can do. It is her body and her life and she can do what she wants with it.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
One of my friend always say - if you are able to find meaning of life in small things, then that's all matters for you
I like that.. it sounds much better than "life is all about challenging yourself and acheiving your goals" which seems to be the doctrine that's set upon us.

Well I heard that every man has to go through hell to find his paradise.. but what about those who have found paradise only to lose it? Do they have to go through hell again just find it once more.. I mean why should we punish ourselves over and over to find meaning in life???

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur