Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well, it looks like the rumor didn't pan out. Was the rumor simply false, or was it initially correct and then something changed in the interim? I suppose we will never know, and I suppose it really doesn't matter. I guess I expected something official to be announced before any release. I suppose we will have to be patient and wait a bit longer...
Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

It could be only a few days later than time stated in rumours or in December. We simply DON'T know, no news, no official statements, anything up to date. I can only repeat: awaiting is our only friend for now
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

oh well. it was sorta fun to falsely eagerly await it.

hell, it can't be pushed back forever right?? YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME FOREVER!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
oh well. it was sorta fun to falsely eagerly await it.

hell, it can't be pushed back forever right?? YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME FOREVER!!!
yeah, now that i think about it, waiting is half the fun part. i could wait till Christmas, but im sure something will be released by then. lets just keep the smiles on our faces and the headphones in our ears . (or the stereo blasting )
Old 09-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Nothing yet??
Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Hey 100' - How goes?

Nope, nothin, i was just checkin the french sites, and they're just as mystified as we are. On the jive/epic site (sonymusic.fr), there are people's eyes peeking out at the top, one pair definitely Corsican in origin. But no word, not a hint. Feh.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

She moves in mysterious ways, it's part of her appeal.
She got us hanging on a thread once again.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

From Myst-R posted at Lilly Town:

Quote:
J'avais envoyé, gentillement, un message privé à Jive_Epic sur Twitter. Ma question était :

"Bonjour, j'aimerais savoir si l'album d'Alizée sortira avant 2010. Merci d'avance."

Leur réponse il y a une heure ... il veille tard le chargé de communication qui actualise les sites communautaires ...

"Jive_Epic bonjour, malheureusement pour le moment nous n'avons pas plus d'informations."
Translation:

I sent, politely, a private message to Jive_Epic via Twitter. My question was:

"Hi, I would like to know if Alizée's album will be released before 2010. Thanks in advance."

Their response came in an hour . . . the communication official who updates the news on the sites must have been up late.

"Jive-Epic Hi, unfortunately for the moment we have no more information."

The whole rumor started I believe with Julien from that site, mysteriously referencing "sources." Alizée has communicated with/through Julien before, so it was natural to think that his "source" was Alizée herself. Obviously not this time.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

As Lefty said, "was the rumor simply false, or was it initially correct and then something changed in the interim?" I believe Ju stands behind the date as being true at some point, so probably the later. It illustrates one of Alizée's professed reasons for public discretion (not wanting to raise false hopes), since even information from her may be subject to change.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
As Lefty said, "was the rumor simply false, or was it initially correct and then something changed in the interim?" I believe Ju stands behind the date as being true at some point, so probably the later. It illustrates one of Alizée's professed reasons for public discretion (not wanting to raise false hopes), since even information from her may be subject to change.
Yes, that could be. She's not in complete control of things, and it's not the first time she's expected something to happen sooner than it really did. If, that is, Julien's info did come from Alizée. No blame for that, but this brings up another point, namely that Her Grace needs, in my opinion, to improve the way she communicates with the public. If she told Julien that the single might be released yesterday, then she's partly at fault for the confusion. IF that's the case, I think she could have handled it better one of three ways:

1) Tell him, "Tell people that Alizée said she hopes to release the single on the 28th; that's not a firm date, though, so I can't promise!" None of this nonsense about mysterious "sources."

2) Tell him, "I hope to release the single on the 28th, but please don't announce that, as it's not a firm date and may raise false hopes."

3) Tell him nothing, until there IS a firm date.

I remember when the Paris concert was canceled, I had a discussion with a friend in Paris who is also an Alizée fan. I said that I thought she needed to communicate with fans more. He asked, "You mean about her personal life?" Of course I said no, that wasn't it, and it's not. But it's possible she has a hard time distinguishing the two. We know she's very private about her private life and has every right to be. But personal life is one thing and professional life is another, and she does need to communicate clearly about the latter. We don't need to know how her marriage is going or how her family is or what kind of lingerie she wears, but we do have a right not to be misled about when the new album is coming out and the real reason why a concert is canceled. This is only being professional.

Any correspondence that I received from Alizée I would treat as private and confidential, just as I would private information from anyone else. If she told me anything about her new album, I think I would want to confirm whether it should be shared or not. That's also just being professional. This is to say, Julien may share part of the blame here, too. Of course, we really don't know what went down, and who his "source" was. It could have been Alizée, it could have been Jérémy, it could have been some joker on the team who decided to leak him the information that turned out to be wrong. But in that case, Julien would have done better either to keep the information to himself, or to share it as rumor only.

Be that as it may . . . I disagree with some people that the quality of her music is worse now than it was in the Mylène days, I think it's better in fact overall; but there's no question the quality of organization has gotten worse. That's true of promotions, concert organization and planning, and information control. I say this not to cut her down, but in the spirit of constructive criticism.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont