Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee View Post
I don't want to sound a killjoy and please someone correct me if i'm wrong but isn't January traditionally a bad month for entertainment releases ?
I know it would be bad in terms of standing out in a long line in the winter in front of a record store, waiting for a chance to have Alizée autograph her new album. Paris in the spring sounds much nicer, but I don't think I could wait that long. I keep coming up with different things like Zorro, and the affect of Alizée, which really help kill the time, but I'm running out of ideas.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind there's usually a single about 1 - 4 months before an album. Unless they're foregoing that, I think we're looking at February or March at the earliest, and that's only if they announce a single soon.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Hero

Nafas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Keep in mind there's usually a single about 1 - 4 months before an album. Unless they're foregoing that, I think we're looking at February or March at the earliest, and that's only if they announce a single soon.
4 months.. that will be a major delay... I just pray she'll release it B4 the summer.. It will be nice to hear Enfant du Siecle during a drive to spain

Alizée & Spain
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yes. November was mentioned, but now there is nothing except the that the web sites have been updated - www.alizee-officiel, www.uneenfantdusiecle.com. Go check it out and come back later for new music and whatever else. Alizée is said to be in Les Enfoirés 2010 as well. That seems likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInternets
Sorry, "www.alizee-officiel" does not exist or could not be found

A Child of the Century, huh? Sounds like my last birthday party...

I am looking forward to this. Just hope she includes at least one rocker song...

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-24-2009, 12:48 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If she is in Les Enfoirés 2010 (and she would be a fool not to be) then releasing a single or two before then (and possibly another after) would be logical. This way, she can use L.E. to get the name recognition going again.

An album shortly after this would make sense.

When does L.E. typically first play on TV?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
When does L.E. typically first play on TV?
Usually sometime in March.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Usually sometime in March.
Then my guess for the release of her new album is March plus or minus one month.

Although they will have some advertising of their own, why not take advantage of some "free" exposure. All the better to try to achieve critical mass.

Single(s) ahead or just after L.E., followed by the Album release around the time of L.E. on TV, possibly associated with what she thinks is her best single.

Last edited by Rev; 11-24-2009 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Added to.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Then my guess for the release of her new album is March plus or minus one month.

Although they will have some advertising of their own, why not take advantage of some "free" exposure. All the better to try to achieve critical mass.

Single(s) ahead or just after L.E., followed by the Album release around the time of L.E. on TV, possibly associated with what she thinks is her best single.
Or more like, when her record company accepts what she has put together for promotion, then they'll proceed and figure out a release for the album later and simply hope that people like it enough for it to generate sales. I think using marketing speak like critical mass (whatever one can imagine that means) is getting way ahead of ourselves and making this out to be a much bigger production than it is.

I read somewhere that her first proposal for a single was rejected by Jive/Epic and so she had to redo it (by 'it' one means... choose a new song, prepare a new video, ?). I'm sure no one would announce anything like that and for all I know it's a complete lie, but it's somewhat plausible.

I understand we are all expecting something and hoping for the best and so the mind races on what could be in the future, etc., but we've been through that. The attempts and achievements so far have been pretty modest. We've seen how much people come to expect from Alizée and seen how it can become too much (more than can or will be met). You already started into it with "she'd be a fool not to" and though yes, it will happen no matter what anyone here says here, I'd rather not see those posts. It's hard enough stopping myself from making them. But that's the reason for my post.

Being impressed my marketing strategy is not what this is about. It's about people wanting to hear Alizée again and maybe see some photos of her pretty smiling face. More? We'll see. Again, that's my attempt to realign the realistic expectancy of this thing. I do know it's a news/discussion thread.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg Green View Post
I'm wait new album.Very GOOD may be...
Wow, kewl Yoda just posted!.. It must be true because Yoda is wise!!

I keed our international posters!!

BTW,

GIRLY-SCREAM!

http://www.alizee-officiel.com/ was just updated with some new text listing the Ensable on her new album!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:13 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Wow, kewl Yoda just posted!.. It must be true because Yoda is wise!!

I keed our international posters!!

BTW,

GIRLY-SCREAM!

http://www.alizee-officiel.com/ was just updated with some new text listing the Ensable on her new album!
"Just"? Dude, where have you been? It's been like ... multiple days or something. Actually, it was Mon./Tues. last week.

Merci Fanny

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont