Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Downtime 4/26-4/30

Got the below notice from Hostmonster about updating their PHP. This could result in forum downtime, though hopefully it won't. Their recommendations to upgrade the site are not possible right now.

To be safe, if there's anything you want to save here, do it before next week. As I've mentioned before, without access to the original VB license, we've been on borrowed time for awhile.

Quote:
In an ongoing effort to bring you the very best products and services, we’re excited to announce that we will be upgrading all of our servers to newer versions of PHP. In addition to improved data processing, which can boost your site’s speed and performance, you’ll also gain increased security. Newer versions of PHP have more frequent security updates to help protect your site against unwanted hacks or malware.

When will it happen?
At some point during the upgrade window -- April 26, 2021 through April 30, 2021 -- your account will be updated, and older versions of PHP will no longer be supported. You may experience a brief disruption in service, but we will work to upgrade your site quickly with the most updated version of PHP software your website will support.

Do I need to do anything on my end?
Yes, to avoid a negative impact to your site, we recommend that you upgrade all of your web installations to the newest PHP software available before we move your account. Newer versions of PHP are already available on your current server, and you can set your site to use those versions with this helpful guide. You should also backup all of your website files.
https://my.hostmonster.com/hosting/h...ion-php-config

What if a newer version of PHP won’t work on my site? What can I do?
If a newer version of PHP doesn’t work on your site you have a number of options available to you. We’ve put together a few of those options here.
https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/php-upgrade

Last edited by Ben; 04-21-2021 at 12:39 AM..