Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-23-2010, 06:18 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

ah Bigdan I'm so jealous... lucky one!

honestly I wouldn't know how to react when sth like this would have happen to me... perhaps I wouldn't even notice her because sometimes I'm walking through the streets so blind...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
ah Bigdan I'm so jealous... lucky one!

honestly I wouldn't know how to react when sth like this would have happen to me... perhaps I wouldn't even notice her because sometimes I'm walking through the streets so blind...
Haha, is that because you always have Alizée in your eyes? Then maybe you would like to keep your eyes open on the streets from now on. I know you are not in France, but who knows you might see her on the streets of..... (Now don't dream about that)
Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Nah, Jalen. She's just projecting. SHE would get tired of seeing Alizèe everyday, and she presumes that this is by default the only possible reaction for all of us. It's kind of like how people will no doubt tell you that your fascination with her is bs since you don't know her personally, etc. They always deal in clichès.

Fact is, I KNOW I wouldn't get tired of seeing her everyday because I've already thought about her every single day for the past 3 years or so. (3 years come August). Even during those moments where I have a lot of other things going on, she still passes me as a thought from time to time. Saying that I'll be tired of seeing her is essentially equivalent to saying I'd eventually get sick of what inspired me to enjoy life. Believe what you want.
if there were only one picture of alizee and she had only came out with one album and you knew that is all that will ever be produced, after a while, you would get tired and move on. and, just like groundhog day, if you knew that she would be standing at the corner of '5th and elm' at 2:30pm (1430 hrs) everyday, same clothes, same man with her, same conversation, you may do what bill murray did and try to change the event only to find the exact same scene happens again the very next day, over and over again, eventually you would get tired and move on to something or someplace else. what keeps you here is hope. hope of seeing a new picture. hope of more news about her. hope of a new album. hope of a concert in the states. hope of meeting her in person. hope is what is keeping us all going.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Have you met her in person? Talked to her on the phone? Communicated with her by any other means? Do you have any information about her other than what you have seen, read or interpreted? Those are not clichés, they are important representations of what you do not know. The real kicker is some people are too closed minded to even acknowledge the notion.

You honestly don't know whether you'd get tired of seeing her everyday. You are making an incredible amount of assumptions about yourself, her, and so many other variables. I can list them if you want because you are speaking out of emotion and probably haven't considered them. Your opinion is not fact.

Karla is being realistic here.

Here's an example. Some people spend their entire lives wishing they were rich, thinking (or blindly "knowing") that all their problems would be solved and their lives would be perfect if they had all the money they wanted. Then some of them win the lottery or get rich by another means and the money ends up having the opposite effect. There are shows dedicated to just those people and how what they "knew" was just a pigment of their imagination. They didn't know anything, they just wanted and assumed.

False. The most important thing is that I know MYSELF. I'm very self aware and know exactly what I want in life. I don't do things on a whim, and I'm not the type to get tired of something once I have it. You can't equate my feelings to that of some child who gets sick of playing with a toy after a few weeks. It's simply not the same. Of course it's POSSIBLE to get tired of her. It's also POSSIBLE for you to die after getting hit by a car before you ever even finished reading my post. ANYTHING is "POSSIBLE." But you make it sound like such a certainty. You're so damn sure that I WILL get sick of her. If you think that it is absolutely crucial to speak to her on the phone, meet her, and all that bs in order to feel strongly about her, then you clearly missed the point of this forum to begin with. Why are you even here?

You just said that opinion is not fact, and yet you contradicted yourself because you make the assertion that YOUR opinion is fact and that it somehow holds more water than my theory that I WOULDN'T get sick of seeing her on a daily basis. How can you be so certain that I would get tired of seeing her everyday? Do you know ME? Have you ever met ME?

"Pigment" of their imagination? Figment, you mean? You're on the same bandwagon as everyone else by believing the "money won't solve your problems" theory. The only major problem I have now is feeling trapped in a 9 to 5 job like many Americans. This definitely can be remedied with money. When I run down the list of "problems" I have, I'm sad to admit that they really can be fixed with money. I can't tell you what they are due to the personal nature of the issues, but I assure you, they can be fixed either directly or indirectly through monetary means.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
if there were only one picture of alizee and she had only came out with one album and you knew that is all that will ever be produced, after a while, you would get tired and move on. and, just like groundhog day, if you knew that she would be standing at the corner of '5th and elm' at 2:30pm (1430 hrs) everyday, same clothes, same man with her, same conversation, you may do what bill murray did and try to change the event only to find the exact same scene happens again the very next day, over and over again, eventually you would get tired and move on to something or someplace else. what keeps you here is hope. hope of seeing a new picture. hope of more news about her. hope of a new album. hope of a concert in the states. hope of meeting her in person. hope is what is keeping us all going.

First off, the groundhog day analogy is extreme to the point where it's ridiculous. Not only would it never happen, but it brings about a set of questions that can't even be answered. For example, would repeating the same day over and over again mean that I would be immortal?

I don't live on hope the way you do. I act. I analyze a situation, and I do something. I don't "hope" for anything; I simply let the chips fall where they may. If they fall in my favor, great. If not, better luck next time. I don't need hope to "keep me going." I do things for the sake of themselves. I just know what I want. Why is that so hard to understand?

Last edited by Rictor; 05-23-2010 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-23-2010, 12:08 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Hey !

I made the Grounhog day analogy... but that was not to create a phylosophic debate on the meaning of life !

That's supposed to be the "everybody -tell-me-how-jealous-you-are" thread !
Old 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Hey !

I made the Grounhog day analogy... but that was not to create a phylosophic debate on the meaning of life !

I'm burning with jealousy, jk
Old 05-23-2010, 04:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
wow... I like this. LB-50
I could begin a Rapper carrier...

My only regret is that, usely, i have a better quality phone, with a good camera...

To add something : The strangest thing was not to see her ( cause she look just as we know her) but to hear her talking. The only times we can hear her talk is in interview context, and her voice and words are in control...
So that was so cool to hear her "real voice" and accent when she just talk to a friend in a private moment.

It's funny you should say that. I don't know if there's actually something different about Alizée or if it is WE who are different. Maybe she seemed different to you because you are the one who had never had the experience of being right next to Alizée before. Have you?

I remember having a feeling when I exchanged just a few words with Alizée that even after all of the interviews and such, it was different. I felt like I had never actually heard her voice before. Maybe that's just because she had never spoken to me before from three feet away.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey !

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKi_KUGN8z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKi_KUGN8z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Maybe she seemed different to you because you are the one who had never had the experience of being right next to Alizée before. Have you?
That was a first for me, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKi_KUGN8z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKi_KUGN8z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
mmm yes... but finally, this famous day help him to successfully seduce a girl he just met once....

Last edited by Bigdan; 05-23-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can't equate my feelings to that of some child who gets sick of playing with a toy after a few weeks. It's simply not the same. Of course it's POSSIBLE to get tired of her. It's also POSSIBLE for you to die after getting hit by a car before you ever even finished reading my post. ANYTHING is "POSSIBLE." But you make it sound like such a certainty. You're so damn sure that I WILL get sick of her. If you think that it is absolutely crucial to speak to her on the phone, meet her, and all that bs in order to feel strongly about her, then you clearly missed the point of this forum to begin with. Why are you even here?
Where did I equate your feelings to a child getting sick of playing with a toy after a few weeks? Where did I say or even imply that you will surely get sick of her? Show me.

Quote:
You just said that opinion is not fact, and yet you contradicted yourself because you make the assertion that YOUR opinion is fact and that it somehow holds more water than my theory that I WOULDN'T get sick of seeing her on a daily basis. How can you be so certain that I would get tired of seeing her everyday? Do you know ME? Have you ever met ME?
You just proved my point by what you said there. I said nearly the same thing before, but I'll say it in your words now. How can you be so certain that you wouldn't get tired of seeing her every day? Do you know her? Have you ever met her?

I said your opinion is not fact. Never did I state anything I said was a fact, and I never said whether you would get tired of seeing her or not. Yet you have the nerve to say I contradicted myself over something I did not say.

And of course I haven't met you or know you. That's the point. It would be like me or anybody else saying "I know we'd be best friends forever" or "we'd never be friends" based on very limited information only. You won't see me making any claim like that when I don't know much about you. Way too many assumptions are involved. It wouldn't be fair to me or fair to you.

The only point I was making is that you don't know for sure whether you'd get tired of her. It hasn't happened (or not happened) yet. You don't know what you don't know.

Quote:
"Pigment" of their imagination? Figment, you mean? You're on the same bandwagon as everyone else by believing the "money won't solve your problems" theory. The only major problem I have now is feeling trapped in a 9 to 5 job like many Americans. This definitely can be remedied with money. When I run down the list of "problems" I have, I'm sad to admit that they really can be fixed with money. I can't tell you what they are due to the personal nature of the issues, but I assure you, they can be fixed either directly or indirectly through monetary means.
A lot of people say that money will solve their problems, including you. I never said anything about myself, yet you decided to put words into my mouth again. You only think that money will solve your problems, and even if you happened to be right you still don't know since it hasn't happened. You also don't leave room for money creating new problems for you. Like I said, go watch those shows that are dedicated to people who thought that money would solve their problems. I'm not fabricating this.