Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-22-2018, 07:51 AM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

I was looking at a interview of Julia (this one: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Julia/...OWOxkcqX0CR.01) and in one questions says:

'Ton premier single s'appelle "S.E.X.T.O". C'est une chanson qui parle d'amour et de sexualité, avec un texte assez osé. Tu n'as pas eu peur de te lancer avec un tel single ?'

C'est vrai que quand je l'ai découverte, je n'étais pas très à l'aise. Enfin, je ne sais pas si on peut dire ça mais je me suis dit "Ce n'est pas pour moi". Ce n'est pas mon genre, pas mon style de musique. Mais Laurent Boutonnat a su trouver les bons mots pour me "vendre" la chanson entre guillemets. Je me suis dit que c'étaient des professionnels. Ce n'est pas moi qui ait 30 ans de carrière ! Quand une opportunité comme celle-ci arrive, on ne peut pas refuser. C'est pas possible. Je n'ai pas pu refuser. Et j'ai bien fait : maintenant, j'adore cette chanson ! Heureusement que j'ai poursuivi le projet.

But i thought i heard that before maybe from... Alizée ?

My point is that maybe Laurent and Mylene make the songs even whether the performer (Julia in this case) like it or not

And Alizée said the same thing back then 'this is not the style of music i like to listen to'
Old 10-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
My point is that maybe Laurent and Mylene make the songs even whether the performer (Julia in this case) like it or not
I think the conversation went like this:

Mylene: Julia, if you want to be a star, sing these songs.
Julia: Ooh, I don't know. I don't even like this kind of music.
Mylene: OK. I'll find somebody else then.
Julia: You know, they grew on me real quick like. When do I start??

Old 10-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
I was looking at a interview of Julia (this one: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Julia/...OWOxkcqX0CR.01) and in one questions says:

'Ton premier single s'appelle "S.E.X.T.O". C'est une chanson qui parle d'amour et de sexualité, avec un texte assez osé. Tu n'as pas eu peur de te lancer avec un tel single ?'

C'est vrai que quand je l'ai découverte, je n'étais pas très à l'aise. Enfin, je ne sais pas si on peut dire ça mais je me suis dit "Ce n'est pas pour moi". Ce n'est pas mon genre, pas mon style de musique. Mais Laurent Boutonnat a su trouver les bons mots pour me "vendre" la chanson entre guillemets. Je me suis dit que c'étaient des professionnels. Ce n'est pas moi qui ait 30 ans de carrière ! Quand une opportunité comme celle-ci arrive, on ne peut pas refuser. C'est pas possible. Je n'ai pas pu refuser. Et j'ai bien fait : maintenant, j'adore cette chanson ! Heureusement que j'ai poursuivi le projet.

But i thought i heard that before maybe from... Alizée ?

And Alizée said the same thing back then 'this is not the style of music i like to listen to'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think the conversation went like this:

Mylene: Julia, if you want to be a star, sing these songs.
Julia: Ooh, I don't know. I don't even like this kind of music.
Mylene: OK. I'll find somebody else then.
Julia: You know, they grew on me real quick like. When do I start??

Here is an English translation of the full interview....

Attachment 2285

Julia in interview: her relationship with Mylène Farmer, the sulphurous text of "SEXTO" ...

Who is Julia? At just 17 years old, Mylène Farmer's new protégé and Laurent Boutonnat made the presentations in a first interview with Pure Charts where she talks about her career, her participation in "The Voice Kids" and her meeting with her two mentors.

Photo credits: Laurent Boutonnat

Interview by Yohann Ruelle .

Why did you decide to start the song?

I always loved singing. But to make my job? It was a dream I thought was unachievable. I'm really happy to do that today. If it can allow me to fulfill my childhood dream, it would be great. (Smile)

"My first CD was Jenifer's album "How did you fall in the music?

It comes from my family. My father is a musician, he played in bands and produced records with his friends. With my mother, they both wrote songs. They sang to me when I was little with my sisters. It's them that made me want to make music. I was six when I took piano lessons, which I followed until I was eight years old. After I did some guitar and I started singing. I still play a little instruments but I am mostly self taught.

Which artists have you grown up with?

I listened a lot Joyce Jonathan ! My first CD, it was Jenifer's album. But I listen to everything, I've always been curious. Often I spent the NRJ compilations with all the tubes of the moment. I danced with my sister in my room!

"" The Voice Kids "? A great experience »The French public discovered you in "The Voice Kids" season 2 in 2015. What memories do you have of this first experience?

It was impressive! I was 13 years old at the time. is that we are directly put in the bath, we go to castings, it's a bit childish.We do not really realize in fact.And then when we arrive on the set of "The Voice", it's really amazing, we say: "Bug, but what am I doing here?" (laughs) I had a huge jitters, but it was a great experience. bad things, it's like everything, but at the human level it was amazing, did

you stay in touch with people on the show?

Former candidates, yes. There are people with whom I speak briefly but with Arthur, with whom I had spent the battles, we give each other news from time to time. I stayed very close to Satine, who makes videos on YouTube now.

What have you done since the show?

I stopped the music. (Smile) I do not even know if it was unconsciously because of the defeat of "The Voice". I started again a year, a year and a half later. I started making covers that I posted on YouTube. I made little homemade clips in my garden. I was playing piano, I was trying to compose music but it was not great. (Laughs) That's how I maintained my passion.

You write too?

I wrote a lot when I was younger. But when I look today at the songs I was writing, it's funny! It's cute. And it gives me ideas for now because I write a little. I'm trying. Sometimes, I have ideas that come into my head and I say to myself: "I really need to write them". So I take my computer, or I use my phone as a notebook. It does not look crazy, but I try to bring them together to create something. These are not really songs but rather a kind of poetic form of everything that crosses my mind.

"Mylène Farmer, I admire her immensely"You are surrounded by a team of shock to accompany you in your first steps: Laurent Boutonnat and Mylène Farmer . How did your meeting happen?

Thanks to the covers on Youtube. One would think they had noticed me in "The Voice Kids" but no! Only after they learned that I had participated in the show. (Smile) And all the better, I find it good that they did not notice me through the television. We met afterwards and one by one, we set up this project.

Did you know their work?

I knew Mylène Farmerof course. Like everyone ! But they know, I did not listen to his songs all the time. I was not a fan It's really now, since I've known her, that I've learned to discover her work. I know her personally but I now know her as an artist. I admire him a lot. I admire both of them.

How did you react when they offered to take you under their wing?

Ah right now, I thought it's a joke ?! (Laughter)But I'm not too good at jumping to the ceiling and exclaiming, "That's so great." I was a little reluctant. I put the thing aside we will say. I thought, "We'll see," I often say that to myself. And then we met, it was in May 2017. I became aware long after my luck. I did not realize right away.

Your first single is called "SEXTO" . It's a song about love and sexuality, with a pretty daring text. You were not afraid to start with such a single?

It's true that when I discovered it, I was not very comfortable. Finally, I do not know if we can say that but I said to myself "It's not for me". It's not my style, not my style of music. But Laurent Boutonnat has found the right words to "sell" the song in quotation marks. I thought they were professionals. I do not have 30 years of career! When an opportunity like this happens, we can not refuse. It's not possible. I could not refuse. And I did well: now, I love this song! Fortunately, I continued the project.

This is a character that you play through this title?

Let's say that the song gives a more childish image of myself, but it represents me anyway. This is not an opposite character. It's a part of me, let's say ...

"I do not want to copy Alizée "We compare you a lot to Alizée on social networks. For the team, for the image of lolita. Are you disturbed ?

(Smile) It was planned anyway. I would not say it bothers me. Of course, we have similarities, we are close to Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat both, we sing songs that have a specific theme, but ... no. Alizée , it's Alizée ! I'm not Alizée and I do not want to copy her personality. I want to be myself and people know me as Julia and that's it.

She took care of the choreography of the "SEXTO" clip with GrégoireLyonnet. How was it working with her?

That was great. I love it. They are really both very understanding. I'm not a dancer, we agree! So at the beginning, there were some small step problems that I managed to integrate but they were immediately there for me. When I said to them "But that, I do not know how to do it" they answered me kindly "There is no problem, we will change, you can do it like that instead" etc. They were really adorable. I was delighted and honored to be able to work together on the choreography.

She gave you advice?

Very much ! She gives me as soon as I need it, as soon as there is something new that is added and that I need to be reassured. He is almost a mother. If it does not work, she will immediately come to comfort me. I still had it on the phone yesterday. She is always listening. It feels good !

"My album will be more melancholy"You have been working for months on your first album. What will it look like?

He is in the process of mixing. "SEXTO" is a title really very different from the rest of the album. That's why we released it first, because it stands out and it's ... controversial, we'll say. The other songs are really great. I can not wait to share it with the public. There are a lot of music that reflect a part of me more melancholy. It's the kind of songs I love that really bring out emotions.

It will be entirely done with Laurent Boutonnat and Mylène Farmer ?
Yes ! The songs are written by Mylène and the music produced by Laurent Boutonnat.

How was your studio collaboration? Did you still propose your ideas?
Oh yes, of course. If I have something to say, I will not hold back! It's not in my character, either with them or anyone else. If I do not like it, I will not do it ... but I ask them their opinion, I do not say no right away. We discuss it and either we do not do it or we do something else. We have a very respectful relationship. There is always common ground.

Do you know the release date of the album?

No, no date planned at the moment. Sorry! (Smile)

There are artists with whom you would like to make a duet?

There are many people I would like to collaborate with! Mylène Farmer already, if one day ... Alizée , too. After I really like Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran . I love these two artists.

"I dream of performing in concert"Do you sing in English?

Before my album, yes. And just that was something very new to sing in French. I always sang in English so far, it was easier for me. But I discover that I love it!

What is your life like today?
I juggle between my classes, sports, my relatives, who are the main pillar of my life, and Paris. I still go to class. I am in high school, I have my friends in high school and I want to make the most of our last year together. Of course, with my career that starts, I necessarily magnify courses and I have to catch up, which is complicated. Especially with the ferry! After I chose this lifestyle there so there is no problem. I find moments to balance all that. But for now it's okay,(Smile)

Your dream today is ...
The scene! I can not wait to do concerts. The shows that Mylène Farmer does , it's something that makes me dream. And maybe in the near or far future the cinema. It's part of my little dreams ...

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-28-2019 at 03:24 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 04:55 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I just read the English lyrics for SEXTO. Wow! This is pretty salacious, worse than anything Alizee had to sing for Mylene. It's understandable why Julia hesitated. I imagine the lyrics put a bit of a jolt into her parents. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I understand Julia not turning it down.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I just read the English lyrics for SEXTO. Wow! This is pretty salacious, worse than anything Alizee had to sing for Mylene. It's understandable why Julia hesitated. I imagine the lyrics put a bit of a jolt into her parents. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I understand Julia not turning it down.
I had looked for the translated lyrics before, but I could not find them. I tried running the French through the google translator, but some of what resulted did not make sense. Link?

I'm pretty conservative all around, and maybe just plain old-fashioned, but the Western world once again seems to be on a slippery slope picking up steam. History has shown time and again it doesn't end well.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:47 PM

When I looked for the English translation of this song, I found a few songs the search led me to that the title of had Sexto at the beginning and I clicked on a couple and found some raunchy lyrics in the first two, but then I realized in each case I had the wrong song. I finally found the lyrics to Julia's song and had to do like CleverCowboy did and use an online service (Google) to translate it but with my experience with translating songs and interviews, I don't see much that is openly bad about this song, though the I could be wrong but I have to wonder if we are looking at the right Sexto lyrics?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:07 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I had looked for the translated lyrics before, but I could not find them. I tried running the French through the google translator, but some of what resulted did not make sense. Link?
It turns out there is more than one song out there with SEXTO in its title. The song lyrics I found and mentioned above were for "Sexto Sentido." Julia did not sing this song. My mistake. The lyrics for "Sexto Sentido" are somewhat graphic, not terrible but questionable for a teenage girl.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Gi...lation/english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYPp5oa39Q

The correct translation for Julia's "Sexto" is posted below. Apparently, there are sexual references the French would understand that I don't see. No doubt, there is something about bubbles. When Alizee made her bubble video, I totally missed their sexual significance, thinking bubbles were merely a cutesy teenage thing. Most of the lyrics make no sense to me. I don't know if this is characteristic of the French or Mylene Farmer. Overall, this song strikes me as fairly innocent, and I would have no problem with my daughter singing it (if I had a daughter).

Ba di dou di da
Shot of tequila it's me
To the licentiousness
No rule no age
Ba di dou di da
If Marylin had the choice
It's with the fingertips
She would have liked, liked it

S.EXTO
Sending bubbles from the altitude
You know I'm love
When your words escape, break the ice

S.EXTO
Send tonight the particles and love
Seventh heaven is high
this chiquissime is my sexto

Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na

Ba da di di dou
Shot tequila for me
a bold world
is a happy world

Ba da di di dou
The thrill at your fingertips
Beginnings of choice
For my adored I send you

S.EXTO
Sending of the bubbles of the altitude
You know I am love

S.EXTO
Send tonight the particles and the love
Seventh heaven is top
This is chiquissime, it's my sexto

S.EXTO
Sending bubbles of the altitude
You know I'm love

S.EXTO
Send tonight particles and love
Seventh heaven is high (is high, is high)

SEXTO
Sending bubbles from the altitude
You know I'm love

S.EXTO
Sending tonight the particles and the love
Seventh heaven is high (is high, is high)

Na na na na na na
Na
na
Na na na Na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

Last edited by Shepherd; 10-22-2018 at 09:20 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
............ Apparently, there are sexual references the French would understand that I don't see. No doubt, there is something sexual about bubbles. When Alizee made her bubble video, I totally missed their sexual significance, thinking bubbles were merely a cutesy teenager thing. ............
I'm sure there are lines that with a direct translation by something like Google translate look perfectly innocent, but we'll have to wait for someone who speaks the language well to find out the hidden meanings.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:05 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Julia is ordinary, nothing special.

I think Alizee is prettier in an overall sense. Also, Alizee had a "tomboyish" appearance when she was young--- Alizee looked slightly like a boy. (See the Parler Tout Bas video, for example.)

The "tomboyish" appearance, in my opinion, is something that made Alizee extremely hot. Julia doesn't have that at all--- Julia is ordinary.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Julia is ordinary, nothing special.

I think Alizee is prettier in an overall sense. Also, Alizee had a "tomboyish" appearance when she was young--- Alizee looked slightly like a boy. (See the Parler Tout Bas video, for example.)

The "tomboyish" appearance, in my opinion, is something that made Alizee extremely hot. Julia doesn't have that at all--- Julia is ordinary.
I still have a short clip of Alizee in Les Enfoires 2008 on my google drive where she plays the part of a women's rugby team taking on a men's team. It's all in good fun, but each team is mocking the other. Alizee is playing around, threatening the guys with her fist, doing a kick box move, and general mocking. The guys in return seem to feel comfortable harassing her back, even face palming her while she is singing.

The fact that she takes something like this in stride definitely qualifies her as tomboyish. There are no other female participants getting this kind of treatment.

Here is the clip:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_...H3HUDm9YrarH2b