Even if just 160 cm she would still be 5'-3"
Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She has been listed as 161 cm which equates to 5'-3.38"

Even if just 160 cm she would still be 5'-3"
Maybe she is. Whenever Alizee is in a lineup, NOT at the police station , but rather when the LE performers stand together across the stage, the only performer shorter than her is Mimi, who has dwarfism. There are a few other female performers quite low on measuring stick that seem similar in height to Alizee, Jenifer included. Anyway, I don't want to nitpick.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:25 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Posted by Shepherd:
I am astounded at how minutely Alizee has been investigated on this site, even to the extent of locating the particular stone she sat on in a creek located in the mountains of Corsica. That still blows me away. I wonder if Alizee has any idea of how intensely people take an interested in her life. That such a shy, little lady should have so powerful an impact on thousands of people all over the world amazes me. It would be interesting to know how many took the trouble to learn French because of her.

Posted by CleverCowboy: I wonder this myself and whether it creeps her out or is complementary? She hasn't gone in hiding, so I am thinking she enjoys the attention, to an extent.

Posted by Shepherd: I don't know of another Internet site that discusses Alizee in such detail as AAm. The only thing the other sites seem to have is an endless list of people telling her they love her. Frankly, I find that boring, and I think Alizee must also find it tiresome. So, unless she regularly reads this site, she might not have any idea how deeply we dig into her life. Although we know she looks in on occasion, I suspect she doesn't spend much time here because she is not proficient in English. She could, of course, use the Google translator, but even that would be tedious.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:28 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So, unless she regularly reads this site, she might not have any idea how deeply we dig into her life. Although we know she looks in on occasion, I suspect she doesn't spend much time here because she is not proficient in English. She could, of course, use the Google translator, but even that would be tedious.
I'm not so sure about that.

When I use google translate, I use cut-and-paste. But there must be a browser plug-in that would automatically translate each and every page.

As crude as google translate is, she could still get the "gist" of what's being talked about and could see the depth of discussion. She'd only have to spend 30 minutes looking at various threads and she'd get the basic idea. (I think.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 03-06-2019 at 05:31 AM..
Old 03-06-2019, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Although we know she looks in on occasion, I suspect she doesn't spend much time here because she is not proficient in English.
Do we know this for sure? How was it determined? Alizee has known we existed for years, so odds are she might have stopped by.

Mylene had Alizee take English classes. She might be able to read English better than speaking. I can read some French and get an idea of what some of it says, but I would totally destroy it if I tried to speak what I just read.

For the past several weeks I have been spot checking the guests on this site, tracing the geolocation of their IP addresses. Majority are web crawlers and those are easy to spot, but there are a good amount of people as well from just about everywhere in the world. This morning, we had a guest from Paris and another from Saudi Arabia.

I am still looking for that guest from Ajaccio.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Here is a good picture of Alizee and many of her peers in Les Enfoires as they file in through one of the entries. They put her front and center, otherwise she would get lost in the crowd. Mimi of course is leading the way. It gives a good idea of her height relative to the others.

Alizee is smiling because one of her fans probably called out to her. In Les Enfoires, they often file through the crowd. So many of the performers keep tunnel vision, but not Alizee. This is not the only time I have seen her acknowledge a fan with a smile during an LE show.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Alizee shows a lot of poise and coordination dancing in the early days in this short clip

http://fat.gfycat.com/ElasticWeepyAmericancrow.webm
Old 03-12-2019, 09:27 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee is smiling because one of her fans probably called out to her. In Les Enfoires, they often file through the crowd. So many of the performers keep tunnel vision, but not Alizee. This is not the only time I have seen her acknowledge a fan with a smile during an LE show.
I haven't yet watched the LE videos, but you have me curious about the "tunnel vision" of the other performers.

I would assume that the "tunnel vision" of the other performers is due to self-consciousness. If I were one of the performers, I would keep tunnel vision whenever I had to file through the crowd, purely out of self-consciousness.

The other possibility is that it has nothing to do with self-consciousness--- the other performers are simply "less friendly" than Alizee.

I think the "tunnel vision" of the other performers is due to self-consciousness, Alizee having a near total lack of self-consciousness when she is performing.

Does that make sense?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

The other possibility is that it has nothing to do with self-consciousness--- the other performers are simply "less friendly" than Alizee.

I think the "tunnel vision" of the other performers is due to self-consciousness, Alizee having a near total lack of self-consciousness when she is performing.

Does that make sense?
That makes perfect sense and I find your comment about other performers being 'less Friendly' than Alizee being a very interesting observation after what Keen V had to say.

Here's another image from the performance CleverCowboy posted an image from, just about 30 seconds afterwards. The two singers to Alizee's left, do appear to have tunnel vision. Maybe they were caught up in the role of a serious song. Still it shows the friendliness of her.

How many times have we seen her wave to people in the audience during her performances. That was something MF told her she should do, but I don't think so. I think that came from within.

I'll mention too my recent visit to the dance studio. I had thanked her and said good bye when I was talking to her and we were standing on opposite sides of the counter. Then I started walking towards the stairs. She came over and she I'm sure had to hurry to catch up to me and she shook my hand.

Alizee has a unique personality, but unfriendly, she is not.

It's funny too that Pascal Obispo has tunnel vision too, but it seems to be tunnel vision for Alizee!

Attachment 2562

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-22-2020 at 07:18 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 06:43 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do we know this for sure? How was it determined? Alizee has known we existed for years, so odds are she might have stopped by.

Mylene had Alizee take English classes. She might be able to read English better than speaking. I can read some French and get an idea of what some of it says, but I would totally destroy it if I tried to speak what I just read.

For the past several weeks I have been spot checking the guests on this site, tracing the geolocation of their IP addresses. The majority are web crawlers and those are easy to spot, but there are a good amount of people as well from just about everywhere in the world. This morning, we had a guest from Paris and another from Saudi Arabia.

I am still looking for that guest from Ajaccio.

I didn't know Mylene had Alizee take English classes, and I am both surprised and impressed by the research you did on the people visiting this site. The guest from Saudi Arabia comes as a surprise. If you ever find the "guest from Ajaccio" we would all want to know what exactly she was looking at.

Edit:

Quote:
Alizee shows a lot of poise and coordination dancing in the early days in this short clip

http://fat.gfycat.com/ElasticWeepyAmericancrow.webm

I've seen other videos of Alizee dancing in this studio, possibly on the same day, but this is the first time I have seen this video. What an excellent find.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I'll mention too my recent visit to the dance studio. I had thanked her and said goodbye when I was talking to her and we were standing on opposite sides of the counter. Then I started walking towards the stairs. She came over and she I'm sure had to hurry to catch up to me and she shook my hand.

Alizee has a unique personality, but unfriendly, she is not.

Attachment 2562
What a lovely story.

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts