Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

The French disappoint me. She didn't even last a day in the top 100.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, you were around for the Atlantis 107 Hit Parade voting when Mademoiselle Juliet was released. You do remember the absolute crap that people were spending Euro's on just to get it played on a small radio station on the western coast of France? The French know how to cook but they seem to have poor taste when it comes to music.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:07 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Yes, I remember. I've always thought Psychedelices was a great album, too. I don't know, the French seem to be obsessed with crappy American pop and hip hop. Or warbling, dying cat voices like Indila. I've been playing Alcaline non-stop, it's a really great song.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:29 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Psychédélices is still a good album. Compared with the all no-MF albums, it is the best album from each side.

I'm always asking myself where is the problem with Alizée music... as you said, that "we" are crazy from American music? Or simply don't know really why, when it goes about Alizée people ignore it? And now by the next album... most everyone hate the single Blonde, good reactions for Alcaline. But Alcaline sell nothing, plays on Youtube really less compared with Blonde. Really hard to describe the situation.

After UEDS I thought people are missing the pop from Alizée, but now...

I just hope the MF song will at least help little with sales.

Last edited by Lucas; 06-17-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Even though I risk getting a youtube copyright strike, I had to...

Great job Lapinschous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The French disappoint me. She didn't even last a day in the top 100.
I really don't get it. I consider myself very objective when it comes to her music. If she comes out with a new song and I think it's no good, I will certainly say so and pull no punches in the process. Blonde I thought was very average. I was very disappointed with it, but I thought Alcaline was really a great song. Strong from start to finish. Now it's already dropped out of the top 100.

Of course where I'm older, I'm probably somewhat out of touch with what younger people in this country like, but as far as France is concerned I'm completely clueless. Maybe Lapinschous and Bigdan can give us a better perspective of what drives the people of France. Of course we've heard they seem to prefer music from outside France. But this is a good song, yet it's fading fast. Could a good video (something Blonde didn't get) have helped out?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course where I'm older, I'm probably somewhat out of touch with what younger people in this country like, but as far as France is concerned I'm completely clueless. Maybe Lapinschous and Bigdan can give us a better perspective of what drives the people of France. Of course we've heard they seem to prefer music from outside France. But this is a good song, yet it's fading fast. Could a good video (something Blonde didn't get) have helped out?

Well, first of all Alcaline doesn't have a music video yet and recent studies in neurology have shown that a majority of people in the western world have a predominantly visual memory center, which can explain why people tend to forget about new songs faster than they do about mvs .

But it's also worth mentionning that autotune usage in france is only popular as long as it is kept discreet .. and in lili's case she might have overdid it .

Another reason could be the lack of publicity she's getting compared to other artists (either rising stars or long-timers)

Also .. this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_p-1E-gjM&feature=kp

who can probably account for half the dislikes she got on the blonde mv.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-17-2014 at 08:09 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 04:45 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Could a good video (something Blonde didn't get) have helped out?
I think Blonde clip is good. It could be better, but worser too. For many people is Alcaline maybe better than Blonde, but the numbers are saying something else...
Old 06-18-2014, 05:10 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

To like and buy something you must firstly know about it, the promotion of Alcaline is clearly less intense, that's why Blonde has more sales. If only radios would play the new single, I'm sure that the sales would be way better.

Tags
album, alcaline, alizee, blonde, single