Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike Une Enfant Du Siecle?
Like 49 79.03%
Dislike 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

while not exactly what i wanted, it's a nice change of pace. i like it.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:50 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well I never said what I thought about it...so here we go.

I loved it musically Each song puts a different image of her in my head(not an actual picture of her but more of a thought of her). I like how each song is different from one another, they all compliment each other too. And the album as a whole just seemed....great Such a unique sound...
Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've listened to Ueds several times now and I do enjoy listening to most of the songs, but I don't have the urge to listen to them day after day as I have done for the past 3 and 1/2 years, with the music of Alizee's first two albums.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:24 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave it a listen through once and that was enough.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Favourite album! Yeah, what you gonna do?

I'm open for different kinds of music. I immediately loved UEdS when I listened to it even though I reacted on how different it was from her previous albums. When I had listened through the album the first time I was crying, mostly because Mes fantomes was the last song and it is so beautiful. I certainly do not live in any Iwillmeether world, I really think the album is truly amazing. It is the album I listen to the most nowdays and the only album where it's difficult to pick a least favourite song for me. I think I'm repeating myself from other threads here but what I want to say is: UEdS is amazing and I love it! (My opinion. If you don't like it, you're allowed to think so. )
Old 12-18-2010, 09:25 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

I went for "like" because I do like it but it's not love. It was a good concept executed reasonably well but it's just not up to the exceptional quality of her first two albums. I adore Eden, Eden and Mes Fantômes but the others are good but nothing special. I hope that for the next album she returns to something more mainstream, maybe acoustic or....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Current signs are that the next effort will be more rock and less spacey electronica.
Something like that ^
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I chose "like". There is a lot to like about this album from my point of view and for my tastes. I believe it is a really good album artistically. I really like the lyrics and melodies of the songs. I admit that I might have arranged some things differently, but that's just me.

When it comes to Alizée's music, I currently listen to this album the most. Occasionally I'll put on Psych. It's been a while since I listened to the older stuff, even though I like it very much.

I'm not sure where Alizée will go next, but I believe that she will eventually hit on a style of music that suits her perfectly, and also be very marketable. I have some idea of what that might be, but I really can't be specific at this point. Anyways, I think the best is yet to come as long as she stays in the game.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:19 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I chose "dislike". The music wasn't as up-beat and happy. More solemn and melancholy (Not all songs. But most of them). A serious album is never a good one, in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I'm not sure where Alizée will go next, but I believe that she will eventually hit on a style of music that suits her perfectly, and also be very marketable. I have some idea of what that might be, but I really can't be specific at this point. Anyways, I think the best is yet to come as long as she stays in the game.
Let's hope this happens Hopefully she'll be the Brett Favre of French Music and just make new albums for the next 15 or so years and be very successful in doing it. Or even she could follow Mylene's footsteps in terms of amount of albums...
Old 12-18-2010, 12:46 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Let's hope this happens Hopefully she'll be the Brett Favre of French Music and just make new albums for the next 15 or so years and be very successful in doing it. Or even she could follow Mylene's footsteps in terms of amount of albums...
Let's hope she's having a Peyton Manning. A bad year, that's all.

She hasn't "retired" then "unretired" then "maybe retired" then taken a picture of her genitalia. Therefore not a Favre.

Or maybe she's pulling a Vick. She messed up now she's recovering and will come back better than ever.

Or maybe she's a Kurt Warner. She was good, but now she's kinda washed up...

Or she's a McNabb. Was hot and a respected part of the team but now is losing her momentum.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 12-18-2010 at 01:19 PM..

Tags
alizee, approve, dislike, poll, ueds