Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-26-2022, 06:04 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default I am woefully ignorant of foreign singers

I admit I am woefully ignorant of foreign singers; being like captive to the american kind somehow; so I will have to catch up to all of you ! All of these girls are cute and Beautiful; so I am afraid I might fall in love with all of them !
Anyway I had been watching the old movie Casablanca; so I wanted a good version of La Marseillaise and I found it with

So you must all Stand ans Salute ! Ha!

Mirelle Mathieu sings

and with english Lyrics

The second video sometines has copyrit problems so sometimes it disappears !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-26-2022 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 02-13-2024, 07:30 PM

Default A really kind of aastounding French Perfoemance

Mirielle Matheieu singing the winner takes it all ? I am sorry I miss-type the title and it should be astounding ! but they don;t allow you to correct a title after it is saved ! And I miss-type Performance , too ! t least you know it must be Marshal typing ! Ha !

The kind of woman you would storm the Bastille For ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 02-13-2024 at 07:45 PM..
Old 02-14-2024, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Mirielle Matheieu singing the winner takes it all ? I am sorry I miss-type the title and it should be astounding ! but they don;t allow you to correct a title after it is saved ! And I miss-type Performance , too ! t least you know it must be Marshal typing ! Ha !

The kind of woman you would storm the Bastille For ! Ha !
Thank you for that post! I completely agree…she is marvelous!
Old 02-14-2024, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Thank you for that post! I completely agree…she is marvelous!
Thank You Bamagirl ! I read up on her on wiki afterwards. She was kindof raised in poverty and pulled herself up by her bootstraps; but she always had her voice. Probably got taken advantage of by some promoters who stole some of her money; so then she employed her sisters as her managers after that. Took care of her family and bought them a house ! Originally left-handed but in school back then if the teacher saw you write left handed she would smack your hand with a ruler ! ( same as my mother in school the teacher would point to numbers on the blackboard they had to add or subtract and if you didn't get it she would smack your hand with a ruler ! ) It was a different type of school in those days; very strict !
Like Alizee; she would seem to have had some acting training as she doesn't just sing the song she acts it ! Unless it is a natural ability; as very intelligent !
Nice to talk to you again ! Being a somewhat fanciful writer; you will perhaps pardon me if I imagine you as Cute and Beautiful as Alizee ! But I don't mean to offend or make you mad; as it is just my writer self coming out; so then maybe you will forgive me ! Ha !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here is an interview where Alizée and Nolwenn Leroy talk about what it's like to participate in Les Enfoires. The video and the subtitles were supplied by Bigdan, a member of our Alizée America forum. I couldn't find his on YT so I reuploaded it myself.

They look almost like Sisters here; if I can be so bold as to say ! But I am usually crazy so.... HA !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 02-14-2024 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts