Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

In my opinion the reputation of Alizée in Mexico is ruined, rip...
Old 10-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Sounds like he said, she said. There is more to this than the official statements, in my opinion. The promoters make Alizee out to be a thief and they impose their opinion on why she canceled, saying "she was still upset about what happened to the other promoter..."

Still, not good for Alizee and her return to singing.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 05:41 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 05:39 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
In my opinion the reputation of Alizée in Mexico is ruined, rip...
I fear you are right..:'(
Old 10-11-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
I fear you are right..:'(
I'm reading the comments and they're very angry... :c
Old 10-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
I'm reading the comments and they're very angry... :c
Link? I'm not sure where you are reading them.

Alizee must respond to these charges by Open Sound. If anything, to protect her integrity. Even if she never steps foot in Mexico again, she needs to respond.

Edit:

I thought about why she postponed the fashion show, which was due to weather concerns. I wondered why weather was an issue, so here we are, one day after Hurricane Michael flattens a good portion of the Florida panhandle, and I check the Weather Underground to look for other active tropical system. There is tropical storm Sergio in the east Pacific, and is backtracking east to hit Mexico tomorrow. Granted, it is making landfall well north of Mexico City, but after seeing the devastation in Florida, could hurricane season scared her off?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Link? I'm not sure where you are reading them.

Alizee must respond to these charges by Open Sound. If anything, to protect her integrity. Even if she never steps foot in Mexico again, she needs to respond.

Edit:

I thought about why she postponed the fashion show, which was due to weather concerns. I wondered why weather was an issue, so here we are, one day after Hurricane Michael flattens a good portion of the Florida panhandle, and I check the Weather Underground to look for other active tropical system. There is tropical storm Sergio in the east Pacific, and is backtracking east to hit Mexico tomorrow. Granted, it is making landfall well north of Mexico City, but after seeing the devastation in Florida, could hurricane season scared her off?
i've read comments from this facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AlizeeLightMexique/?rc=p

I can't understand why she cancelled, the promotors said that they were trying to keep up with the event, Mexico City has not any issue with wether (at least for the day of the show) and she probably knew there are a huge amount of people who went there from other countries.

In my opinion this decision was not good at all and i feel like she should be more in touch with her fans since a instagram story only stays one day and then it gets deleted.

And now probably she lost an important percent of her reputation in Mexico therefore if she wants to rebuild a career this kind of decisions are not good at all...

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 10-11-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

Edit:

Message from the organisers of the show in Mexico City.

In case anyone knows Spanish without using Google Translate:

Ciudad de México, 11 de Octubre 2018

A todos los fans, prensa y público en general:

Por este medio confirmamos que el evento ALIZÉE SPECIAL NIGHT IN MÉXICO CITY no se llevará a cabo. Hoy 11 de octubre de 2018, management a nombre del artista, nos envió los documentos de cancelación.

El argumento es un supuesto incumplimiento de contrato de nuestra parte. La organización de un evento de este nivel es diferente a un artista nacional por diversas razones, tales como el contacto, permisos de trabajo y todos los requerimientos que un artista posicionado solicita. La promotora se comprometió con este evento ya que se cuenta con un plan de trabajo funcional.

El equipo de trabajo de Alizée solicitó que se trabajara en conjunto con la promotora del evento de Puebla, lo que parecería adecuado al ser en el mismo país, sin embargo no deja de soslayarse que Open Sound S.A. de C.V. labora de manera muy diferente a ellos, pese a esto accedimos puesto que más que ser una sugerencia, fue un requisito condicionante. Vuelos y permisos de trabajo eran los dos elementos más importantes, mismos que tendrían que haberse conseguido con un mes de anticipación y estaban a cargo del otro promotor.

Hace unos días se “pospuso” el show de Puebla, lo que deja a Open Sound con sólo una semana para modificar la logística. Conseguimos resolver los permisos de trabajo (gracias al apoyo de la antigua disquera del artista) y nos enfocamos en conseguir los vuelos.

En el primer contrato se estipuló que debíamos liquidarle a la artista y únicamente pagar los vuelos de México – Ajaccio. Debido a los cambios en Puebla tuvimos que firmar un nuevo contrato para que el que nuestro show no se cancelara, pero en esta ocasión ahora fue bajo condiciones estrictas de la artista de los cuales destacan: vuelos redondos con fecha límite de envío al 13 de octubre, liquidación del pago y el permiso de trabajo antes mencionado, PERO EN CASO DE CANCELACIÓN NO HABRÍA REEMBOLSO POR PARTE DE LA ARTISTA.

Hoy 11 de octubre de 2018 a 3 días del show, se nos comunicó la cancelación pese a que los plazos establecidos en el nuevo contrato todavía no vencen. Tuvimos una reunión de seguimiento donde hemos explicado que muchos de ustedes estaban invirtiendo en más que el boleto al venir de otros estados y países.

Les diremos la razón real de este suceso: Alizée se niega a continuar con el evento ya que sigue molesta por lo sucedido con el otro promotor y teme que sucediera algo igual aquí en la Ciudad. ¿Ahora entienden por qué no queríamos trabajar en conjunto? Las visiones de las promotoras son muy diferentes y se notó, pero al final nos está afectando a todos.

Hacemos pública la cancelación ya que hemos agotado todas las posibilidades para recuperar este evento. La productora está corriendo con las pérdidas por los múltiples gastos que ya estaban pagados, incluyendo el pago del artista, vuelos, hospedaje, seguridad, y gastos por alimentación.

No hay palabras para explicarles lo tristes y molestos que estamos, pero en verdad PEDIMOS UNA DISCULPA A LOS PATROCINIOS, AL VENUE Y A TODOS LOS QUE NOS EXTENDIERON LA MANO PARA QUE ESTO SE LLEVARA A CABO, PERO EN ESPECIAL A LOS FANS QUE SE ILUSIONARON CON NOSOTROS Y SON LOS MÁS AFECTADOS EN ESTA DECISIÓN TAN EXTREMA QUE TOMÓ LA ARTISTA
Paraphrasing -

Quote:
We are confirming that the event will not take place. Today, her management sent the cancellation documents.

The argument is that we have not met our contract requirements. The organization for an event of this level is different for a domestic artist for several reasons, such as communication, work permits, and all the requirements that an artist presents. The promoters agreed to this event because a functional plan is in place.

Alizée's team asked the Mexico City promoters to work with the Puebla promoters, which would seem appropriate as we are located in the same country, however this does not compensate for the fact that Open Sound operates very differently (meaning to the Pubela promoters) but despite this we agreed, because it was more than a suggestion but rather a condition. Flights and work permits were the two most important elements, and were supposed to have been secured a month in advance; they were the Puebla promoters' responsibility.

A few days ago with the postponing of the Puebla show, Open Sound was left with just one week to handle the logistics. We were able to secure the work permits thanks to the support of her old label (Fall's note - how are they involved?) and then focused on the flights.

With the new situation, a new contract was signed under strict conditions set by the artist - round trip flights by October 13th, payment and work permits, *but in case of cancellation, the artist would not reimburse said payment.*

3 days before the show, we received notice of cancellation despite the fact that the established conditions are not expired (Fall's note - I'm guessing they mean the flights which are due by the 13th?) We had a followup meeting where we explained that many of you are investing more than just the ticket price to come from other states and countries.

We will tell you the real reason for these events: Alizée refuses to go forward with the event because she is still upset about what happened with the other promoters, and is afraid the same would happen here in Mexico City. Now do you see why we were reluctant to work as a group? The visions of the promoters are very different and it showed, but it has ended up affecting everyone.

We make the cancellation public because we have exhausted all possibilities to save the event. The promoters are left with the losses for multiple expenses that had been paid, including the artist's pay, flights, accommodations, security, and catering.

There are no words for how sad and upset we are, but frankly *we demand an apology to the sponsors, the venue, and all those who lent a hand so that the event could take place, especially to the fans that were hyped up with us and are the most affected by this extreme decision taken by the artist.*

Yes, I hope these statements are answered, and I agree with Jenny that she could still make it out there on her own. I don't know what else to say.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Business 101 - It's never your fault.
Business 102 - If you are accused of breach of contract, destroy the client.

Let's take emotions out of this for a while. Put on your business mind.

#1 - Why would Alizee add the clause that in case of cancellation, the artist would not reimburse payment?

My answer is to ensure that the promoter/organizer fulfill their end of the deal. If there is something on the line, money, it is a great motivating factor. I need to do some research, but is this arrangement really out of the ordinary? Do you think Mylene would do a show if all the T's weren't crossed and the I's dotted? If anything, Mylene might have advised Alizee on how to structure a contract to reduce risk. Show biz can be a nasty business, and face it, Alizee could have been any other musical act. Promoters are out to make maximum profit - period.

#2 - Why would the organizer stoop to new lows, only matched by tabloid magazines, to say the real reason for the cancellation was that Alizee "was still upset", as they put it.

Paraphrase: Oh yes, the overly emotional woman. She's a woman, so she can't possibly know much about business. So she's still mad, and she ruined everything.

Remember, this is Mexico, not Europe or the US. Very macho and woman are still expected to be submissive. This is a very low blow attempting to clear their name and deflect blame of everything on Alizee. And might as well make it sound like she planned the cancellation after she received payment, making her out to be a thief.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I agree with your analysis.

We all know Alizée well enough to know she would not intentionally disappoint her Mexican fans after making promises unless something had gone very wrong.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well hopefully there will some type of statement explaining her side of the story. If there isn't, well it wont look good.