Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Now she has a dancing school and she going to have a little girl: she's living her dream and probably this will be the only thing in her head for the coming years. But i think that, if her passion reawakens, she will come back. Not soon, maybe 10 years, maybe 20. But she will. Now she has finally found a bit of serenity and it is right that she enjoys it
You make a valid point in that she still has the youthfulness to dance. But childbirth takes its toll on the body, especially a 35 year old. I don't think she will be able to bounce back and get on the dance floor as quickly as she did when she was 20.

Alizee still has a considerable amount of interest by fans, new ones and those following her for years. She had good momentum going the last year or so, and the momentum would survive through next year up to a release of an album if she would do something in 2020.

Even though Alizee could conceivably release an album 10 or 20 years down the road, will she even have an audience? What would be her plan to stay relevant between now and then?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I get the feeling that Alizee can be quite temperamental. I see some battleaxe potential-- and I mean serious battleaxe potential. She needs a man who is more patient and calm than most.
Even though I agree that Alizee can be temperamental, I think it falls short of the raging type of temper. I don't think a relationship can survive very long when one is verbally beating down the other, especially when working with your spouse.

Greg does seem pretty laid back, but he is far from being a pushover. I don't think a woman can respect a man who gives in to her every whim. I found a picture from last year where Greg seems to be very unhappy about what is going on in his class and is really showing some temper. Alizee is giving a "death eye" look to the unfortunate recipient.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 07-01-2019 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee still has a considerable amount of interest by fans, new ones and those following her for years. She had good momentum going the last year or so, and the momentum would survive through next year up to a release of an album if she would do something in 2020.

Even though Alizee could conceivably release an album 10 or 20 years down the road, will she even have an audience? What would be her plan to stay relevant between now and then?
You're right: in this environment, TV and music, you need to take advantage of your popularity. Because it is a great free advertisement for everything you produce. But that's what she did with Blonde after Dals and we all know the result. I think that the first thing you want to achieve when you're making something is quality. She already tried to exploit her popularity. In my opinion she must fallow her heart.
But to be honest, I think that this is not the most important thing: now Alizée has built a life without pressure. She doesn't have to release albums or to appear in TV. Finally she's serene. I don't think she would revolutionize everything again. Certainly she will spend more time with her new family and, as you said, she is not twenty (eh eh) anymore. In my opinion, if she wants to come back to music, it will be only for the love of it. And fans recognize love and work.

Obviously for all we know, everything can happen: maybe 2020 would be a year full of surprises. Who knows
Old 07-01-2019, 10:29 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

The barriers to a new album all involve stress. First she must find a manager unless she is prepared to take charge of everything herself in which case stress levels will skyrocket (Creatively, this is probably not a good idea). She has to find original music that is exceptional in quality; get financing, unless she is willing to put her own money at risk; she must find talented musicians and other professionals, for instance cinematographers to make a video. All of that involves considerable stress with the odds of a financial reward at the end uncertain. Other people who are at risk in this adventure will have their opinions, and disagreements will arise. Depending on the personalities, these disagreements could burst into hostilities and deadlocks. No one knows this better than Alizee who has been through six studio albums, seventeen singles and five promotional singles; all the released singles had a music video associated.

And where would Greg be in all this? He has his own business. He is a singularly important part of her life. She would probably want him available most of the time. Alizee would be running all over the place, probably taking frequent trips to Paris. A small child would complicate everything. A new album could threaten her marriage.

Unless she has an artistic burst of energy or an exceptional need for money, I don't know why she would put herself through this again. However, I'd love it if she did. If not an album, I'd be very happy with a single.

Edit:

Quote:
You make a valid point in that she still has the youthfulness to dance. But childbirth takes its toll on the body, especially a 35 year old. I don't think she will be able to bounce back and get on the dance floor as quickly as she did when she was 20.

Edit:
For the remainder of her life, Alizee will be a celebrity, but a professional dancer? Even at her pinnacle, for a professional, her dancing was at best OK. I think people who paid to see her dance, didn't actually pay to see her dance. They paid to see her. And who could blame them? With Greg's studio, however, she will be able to dance as an instructor into old age, and I think that will serve her well. It should also keep her healthy. I would say "slim and healthy," but there that thing with bon-bons and Nutella, so who can say.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-01-2019 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Poor Grégoire tho. 3 girls.
Wait a sec, is she having twins?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:

Edit:
Making a comeback in 10 or 20 years is not going to happen. By then she won't be a gorgeous young lady and the new generation won't know who she is, nor will they care. At this point, I think it would be tough to make a comeback in two or three years, but it might be possible on a modest scale.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post

Alizee, Anily, and new baby.

Edit:

Quote:

Even though I agree that Alizee can be temperamental, I think it falls short of the raging type of temper. I don't think a relationship can survive very long when one is verbally beating down the other, especially when working with your spouse.

Greg does seem pretty laid back, but he is far from being a pushover.

Alizee said she can be pretty stubborn at times. I would take her at her word. Greg is the perfect husband for her. He is a solid guy that will stand his ground, but he is also a graceful man who knows how to live with Alizee. She obviously treasures this guy and will make concession rather than let a disagreement put cracks in the relationship. Both of these people are pretty sophisticated, gentle people. The time Scruffydog visited the studio for autographs, Alizee interrupted Greg's class to get a signature. A lot of men would have blown their stacks, but Greg's quiet manner didn't draw the attention of the class and he apparently didn't insult or put Alizee down in any way. Having made his point, he underscored it by not signing the autograph. When Alizee returned to Scruffydog sans the autograph, she didn't display any sign of anger or frustration. I think she respects Greg's position and will not interrupt his class again, not because she fears him but because she loves him and respects who he is. Most of us guys could learn a thing or two from Greg about dealing with women.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-01-2019 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-02-2019, 12:49 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Even though I agree that Alizee can be temperamental, I think it falls short of the raging type of temper. [...]
Greg does seem pretty laid back, but he is far from being a pushover.
I agree on both points. (I'm clumsy sometimes in what I write.)

Quote:
I don't think a woman can respect a man who gives in to her every whim. I found a picture from last year where Greg seems to be very unhappy about what is going on in his class and is really showing some temper. Alizee is giving a "death eye" look to the unfortunate recipient.
That picture might not be what it seems.

I'm inclined to think that Greg was simply in the midst of explaining something--- and the still photo just makes it look as if he and Alizee were angry.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Even at her pinnacle, for a professional, her dancing was at best OK. I think people who paid to see her dance, didn't actually pay to see her dance.
When you say her 'pinnacle', what do you mean?

DALS? J'en Ai Marre?

I think her performance of JEAM was perfect. I literally can't imagine another dancer doing it better.

(I'm less impressed with DALS--- but that kind of dancing doesn't impress me much anyways.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-02-2019 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-02-2019, 12:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
I think he means Alizée, Annily and the new acquisition!
Old 07-04-2019, 03:49 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Merci Spirit, Skeleton, Jenny, and Bebert!

Happy to see her happy

Edit:

Quote:
The way Alizee was discovered makes me wonder how many other Alizee's are out there.

Last edited by Fall; 07-04-2019 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-04-2019, 09:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well, I've guess I've been around the longest on this planet among members here and there have been a number of discoveries of talents that have amazed me in one way or another, but nothing has brought the amount of amazement Alizee has brought me on so many levels.

A huge amount of the credit for that belongs to MF/LB. Where would Alizée be without the great music he produced, the great songs she wrote, the great dances that were choreographed for her? That said, no one else could have combined all that, plus what Alizée herself brought to the table and combined it into something we can never forget.

It was an incredible alignment of the stars that I have never seen in my lifetime. In this country, when a really bad storm comes along, they often call it the storm of the century. Well, I think the 'Tempete' Alizée goes way beyond that and if any of our younger members, never see anything comparable, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:

When you say her 'pinnacle', what do you mean?

DALS? J'en Ai Marre?

I think her performance of JEAM was perfect. I literally can't imagine another dancer doing it better.

(I'm less impressed with DALS--- but that kind of dancing doesn't impress me much anyways.)
When I said at her pinnacle, I meant her dancing career at DALS.

Her performance of J'en Ai Marre, both singing and dancing, both blew me away. When I first stumbled on it, I couldn't stop watching it for days.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well, I've guess I've been around the longest on this planet among members here and there have been a number of discoveries of talents that have amazed me in one way or another, but nothing has brought the amount of amazement Alizee has brought me on so many levels.

A huge amount of the credit for that belongs to MF/LB. Where would Alizée be without the great music he produced, the great songs she wrote, the great dances that were choreographed for her? That said, no one else could have combined all that, plus what Alizée herself brought to the table and combined it into something we can never forget.

It was an incredible alignment of the stars that I have never seen in my lifetime. In this country, when a really bad storm comes along, they often call it the storm of the century. Well, I think the 'Tempete' Alizée goes way beyond that and if any of our younger members, never see anything comparable, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm actually older than Scruffydog, by quite a bit, and I have been somewhat of a fan of many artists throughout my life, but never like I have been for Alizee. For awhile--20 years before Alizee was born--I believed Nathalie CARDONE was the most beautiful woman on earth, but I was never addicted to her or any other artist in my life as I have been to Alizee.

I was confounded by teen-age girls going crazy over the Beatles, screaming so loud it was impossible to hear a single note of their music and fainting in the crowd so they had to be taken out of the auditorium in stretchers. What the hell was that all about? There was no chance for any of them to have a relationship with the Beatles so what was the sense of getting tied up in knots over them?

The first time I saw Alizee perform J'en Ai Marre, that was it. She owned me. That has never happened to me before or since. I've seen quite a few young beauties come up, they are talented and attractive, I enjoy their performances, but I have no interests in their lives off stage. I agree with Scruffydog, there is something different and dynamic about Alizee. She is not the most beautiful woman and far from the most talented, but there is something magical about her. She alone is the "It Girl."

Nathalie CARDONE singing a tribute to Che Guevara in 1965.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LS...&index=40&t=0s

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-04-2019 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts