Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Don't be too hasty in longing for the old style too much, as Alizée is still young with many years ahead to WOW us (pun intended).

It takes years to develop a personal style, and I would not be surprised to see Alizée come full circle. Sure, we can never go back to the Lolita stage, but the vibrant energy is still there....waiting for the right song or moment. Every song can't be a hit and every choreography can't always beat the last. As I've said many times before, this is a long ride. Settle back and relax. Enjoy the old. Enjoy the new. Enjoy the ride.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Enjoy the old. Enjoy the new. Enjoy the ride.
C'est la vie

The green dude knows what he's talking about
Old 07-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

It takes years to develop a personal style, and I would not be surprised to see Alizée come full circle. Sure, we can never go back to the Lolita stage, but the vibrant energy is still there....waiting for the right song or moment. Every song can't be a hit and every choreography can't always beat the last.
I do agree with you there. I guess part of the thing I miss about the old Alizee is the Mylene/Boutant collaboration, the songs and the compositions that Mylene/Boutant did for Alizee was exquisite. Having said that this is her first album without them and like you said it takes years to develop a personal style. Mylene and Boutant are professionals, so I don't expect Alizee to come up with songs and compositions as great as them in her very first album. It would be interesting to see how Alizee's second album comes about.

Last edited by Ali; 07-23-2008 at 01:45 AM..
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Although I haven't been a fan for long because I didn't discover her until 10/07 going back and watching all her stuff from the beginning and the progression and maturing of our girl it is like I have been a fan from the beginning. I may not be as attached to her earlier personna as you veterans. I wasn't too crazy about her Psychedelics album at first but it is growing on me and I think with time it is going to be a real success. I think that Alizee is finding herself musically for the first time and it takes a lot of courage to leave the nest and go it alone. I think she is extremely intelligent and talented and if she stays with music the ride is just beginning. She is a phenomenon! As far as her being fat is too strong. Pleasingly plump I say. I'm not even sure she has gained much weight at all. As I heard this expression that she is a shapeshifter she has always looked so different in the face,tall, short, depending on what she is wearing,hair style, angle. Really extreme to the point that she doesn't look like the same person. Always one thing her appearance has in common she always is stunning.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

self-development
maturation
creating one's own image
one's own artistic style

well maybe these are important but imho i would have to say that Alizee is not as happy as she was during the Gourmandises/MCE era
all i have, though, are video clips/interviews as evidence

and from the overall body language, tone of voice and facial expressions she just doesn't seem as happy as back then
i, of course, could be wrong but the 18 year old Alizee was more vibrant, more innocent, joyful and not so self-conscious
i rather have a person that is innocently less self-aware rather than constantly considering their self-image, artistic style, and philosophizing too much

sometimes there's just too much thinking and not enough enjoying...the video at the beginning of this thread is a prime example of Alizee just enjoying life and not thinking too much

that's what made the Gourmandises MCE era so great - not just the commercial success and great music but that Alizee wasn't trying so hard to be unique or to be "herself"

I will have to say, though, that of course there were downsides to the G/MCE era i.e. the exploitation of Alizee's body (although not to an extreme measure)

i think Alizee was "herself" in the L'Alize video
i hope that with Alizee's next album there is less thinking and more enjoying

when it comes to music i just want something that i can enjoy listening to, that i can dance to, and overall puts me in a good mood
That's my personal preference

But of course Alizee can do whatever she wants to do as long its financially viable - but personally i like the Gourmandises/MCE era

but then again i should be grateful that she decided to still be in the music business and she still makes some good songs
Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
well maybe these are important but imho i would have to say that Alizee is not as happy as she was during the Gourmandises/MCE era
all i have, though, are video clips/interviews as evidence

and from the overall body language, tone of voice and facial expressions she just doesn't seem as happy as back then
i, of course, could be wrong but the 18 year old Alizee was more vibrant, more innocent, joyful and not so self-conscious
i rather have a person that is innocently less self-aware rather than constantly considering their self-image, artistic style, and philosophizing too much

sometimes there's just too much thinking and not enough enjoying...the video at the beginning of this thread is a prime example of Alizee just enjoying life and not thinking too much

that's what made the Gourmandises MCE era so great - not just the commercial success and great music but that Alizee wasn't trying so hard to be unique or to be "herself"
Good insights. I have noticed this too, where she seems much happier and natural. If you look at the Fun TV interview where she laughs hysterically, she seems to be smiling all the time. Like you said she always had that innocent and vibrant look in the Gourmandises and MCE era.

But I think her having a kid especially at this early age put a damper on things. It takes a lot of energy, time and can be physically exhausting to raise a kid, on top of it she is doing tours and promoting her album. She might not have that much time to have fun and be relaxed like she did during the MCE and Gourmandises era.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Good insights. I have noticed this too, where she seems much happier and natural. If you look at the Fun TV interview where she laughs hysterically, she seems to be smiling all the time. Like you said she always had that innocent and vibrant look in the Gourmandises and MCE era.

But I think her having a kid especially at this early age put a damper on things. It takes a lot of energy, time and can be physically exhausting to raise a kid, on top of it she is doing tours and promoting her album. She might not have that much time to have fun and be relaxed like she did during the MCE and Gourmandises era.
When she was a child, she could be carefree like a child, and revel in the amazing newness of it all.

Now she is an adult, with a huge burden (albeit self imposed) to carry. She simply doesn't seem to be having as much "fun," and it shows.

She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.

Last edited by Rev; 07-24-2008 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.
whut?

Take it from someone who was at the México concerts. She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her. The singing, the dancing, All of it.

She gave unforgettable performances.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
As far as her being fat is too strong. Pleasingly plump I say. I'm not even sure she has gained much weight at all.
The supermodel stick figure is not healthy. Everyone needs some fat. It is the body's natural energy storage mechanism. Although we don't have famine like the old days, we can still get sick and be unable to eat properly. Without a modest energy reserve to tap when you get sick, all sorts of complications can occur.

Of course, if you're like me, you tend to go overboard on the energy reserve bit, so I could probably weather being sick during a famine....or two.

That said, Alizée has a beautiful body...nigh near perfection in my book.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:08 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The cute ones are when she was first started hitting the TV shows doing Moi Lolita. These are the ones where she was wearing the short fur collared coat. She was so stiff and somewhat unsure of herself. As the song went on she would start to loosen up an start moving around and putting a little more dancing into the show. Jump three or four months ahead and she is completely secure and confident with her performance.
My favorite L'Alizé performance was the one at the Dome.

Early Moi Lolita

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXs4x1ON3kQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXs4x1ON3kQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by ALS; 07-23-2008 at 06:39 PM..