Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

In my quest to promote Alizée to fellow workers, I was playing ueds in the plane I was checking out for the past two days. One person stopped in his tracks and asked who that was. Of course I just had to tell him and handed him a sample cd I had with a couple of tracks off each album. I am awaiting his response. It is a start.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
In my quest to promote Alizée to fellow workers, I was playing ueds in the plane I was checking out for the past two days. One person stopped in his tracks and asked who that was. Of course I just had to tell him and handed him a sample cd I had with a couple of tracks off each album. I am awaiting his response. It is a start.
Awesome! Good job there MYGOGT! Usually when people ask what I'm listening to I just give them an earbud, since when I go out I just use my Zune
Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Since you get down to the City to buy Japanese cookies now and then, I take it that, like Ben, you are a candidate for membership in one or more of the French language meetup groups there. WiIl you give it a try? Do you know other people in AAm who live nearby?

Surely if there are other francophone places in the City of interest, some of the meetup group people know about them.
Nice idea, however, I live in Pennsylvania.

For a couple of years I was in NYC every few months for training, however that has mostly stopped. I now have to go to the Boston suburbs (actually being in New York City was more fun).

Quote:

Yes, I can't imagine there would not be a reception in such an intimate setting. My hope is that it would allow Alizée to make useful professional contacts in New York City BEYOND those know French. Isn't that what we want to make possible?
Yes, absolutely.

It's a pity that the one person that I still knew in the city who could have really helped out in this regard passed away suddenly about a year ago.

Quote:
Maybe you can see Roman's tattoo artist and find out how much he charges for a design that says "Big-time Broadway producer. No kidding!"
lol

Last edited by Rev; 05-01-2010 at 12:12 AM..
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 PM

I just found channel 87 on Sirius satellite radio is called Bandapart which states this:A Radio-Canada channel dedicated to the best emerging Francophone pop, rock, electronica, hip-hop, punk and world music.
So I sent in a request for Eden, Eden to start things off with them. We will see what happens.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Cool! Wish I had xm! But why request Eden Eden? Did I miss somewhere that it was said that Eden Eden would be the next single? Or is that just your favorite from UEDS?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Cool! Wish I had xm! But why request Eden Eden? Did I miss somewhere that it was said that Eden Eden would be the next single? Or is that just your favorite from UEDS?
I am going to request them all one by one until I get a response.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I just found channel 87 on Sirius satellite radio is called Bandapart which states this:A Radio-Canada channel dedicated to the best emerging Francophone pop, rock, electronica, hip-hop, punk and world music.
So I sent in a request for Eden, Eden to start things off with them. We will see what happens.
Nice find MYGOGT. Can you share the link/e-mail? More requests may be helpful
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Me and my "not going to some threads for no reason"

I can't believe you are doing this!!!

SO AWESOME!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

A few days ago, I got the urge to go to google and search Alizée under local, expecting maybe to find a place to buy her music. But instead, I found a location in Williamsburg, Virginia named Alizé Bistro (www.alizebistro.com). I contacted them this morning, through that site. I told them some basic facts, like she is French, has four albums, her first was the best selling female French album of 2001, and a few other things. I told them about this site, and our private autograph session. I also sent one of my favorite recent pictures. Hopefully they will respond. If they do, I will let you guys know! I may be in Williamsburg this weekend for mother's day, so if I can, I will try to get my mom to have lunch there. Meet them in person. Too bad I don't have physical albums yet. But mid march, I had ordered Gourmandises at FYE. It has not come in yet, but if it does before Sunday, I will bring it with me, to show them.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
But mid march, I had ordered Gourmandises at FYE. It has not come in yet, but if it does before Sunday, I will bring it with me, to show them.
You have done well young padawan jk'n man. But yah your post urged me to search for her albums in Virginia. Millions of times before I have tried to see if any stores like Best Buy and stuff will sell her albums and I had no luck. But then I used Google Shopping and found Gourmandises, Mes Courants Electriques, Psychedelices, and Une Enfant Du Siecle all available for Site to Store Although they are about $15-$20 each I would still love to get them since they are all just amazing and all I have is a CD of UEDS and mp3s of all others. And I just got a job at the YMCA last night and will be making $22 a night every night this summer and so I will definitely be able to afford them....woh long post....I have DOCDTV-syndrome!!!