Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-03-2008, 06:21 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarac77 View Post
I can't agree because they aren't "pregnancy dresses" and I really wish you guys would quit calling them that because it's wrong. Don't worry, you're not the first. Once again, the style is called "babydoll" and is made to resemble a style of negligee and not maternity wear. Whether or not that look is being achieved is one thing, but considering this style is based off bedroom wear, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about her wearing clothes like this. Maybe some things should just be left to the imagination and you have plenty of old material for inspiration.
No. I think it is being achieved at least to a certain extent. I too don't really like it when people refer to it that way since that's not what it is, but you must admit, a woman could wear it while pregnant. And, yes, it is really the least of my concerns, but while sexiness in dress is certainly not achieved simply by revealing more, but how it's done, eventually we want to say to hell with that much imagination.

If you even take the example of the black JEAM outfit, there was a video of a bunch of Mexican woman wearing a similar outfit, but they cut the bottom part even higher, more like a swim suit. It did not achieve the same effect as being cut like just very short shorts and besides them not being Alizée or as beautiful as her anyway, I think the clothing itself, while more ambitiously seeking an obvious "sexiness" failed to be as sexy as the outfit worn by Alizée. So, maybe Alizée achieved the maximum level of "tease" without going beyond. In some ways that outfit was sexier than the bikini she was wearing on the beach some months before. Well, in some ways. So, I guess nude is not necessarily the sexiest presentation of a woman, though it sure helps if you have a body like she did there, but the sexier the body of the woman, the sexier she is closer to nude. Does that make sense? Something like that.

I didn't really mean to launch into a treatise on allure, but you made me do it.

Oh, and the whole thing of a woman defending it here and saying some things should be left to the imagination, that's like you're saying that it would be better. I get the feeling that you don't really mean that, but rather are defending against us harassing Alizée about it. A woman is certainly not going to feel sexy if she is pressed into doing it. That was part of my previous point and of course you're right if that was your intent.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 06-03-2008 at 06:25 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

When Alizée looks in the mirror, she probably doesn’t see herself the way we do. She is wearing things that she feels look good on her from her point of view.

I personally don’t care much for the “baby doll” dresses she sometimes wears, and I really don’t think she should start wearing costumes again. She has a nice figure and if I were her, I would wear something that tastefully showed it off more. Having said all that, it’s not my decision, and I will be happy with Alizée as long as I can hear her sing and see her perform. That’s what attracted me in the first place - the music. Regardless, she is beautiful either way.

The same goes for her hair. I liked the JEAM, ACC and JPVA hair the best. But her MJ hair was fine and so are the softer curls. Again, I want her to be comfortable and look the way she wants to look. Alizée is not some toy doll that we can dress up to suit our own fantasy. She is a real person and has a right to define her own appearance.

I’ve read these threads and I have participated (yes, I am also guilty) myself. But if she read all these fan suggestions about how to look, dress, act, look at the camera, don’t look that way, wear your hair this way, don’t wear those shoes, smile, don’t smile…she might as well never leave her house for fear of making a mistake. I feel bad for her. I’m not saying a little constructive criticism is a bad thing; it’s just that we don’t seem to know when enough is enough. We get on a roll and we go on and on and on and on…

My suggestion is to just watch her, listen to her, and enjoy every minute of her time that she shares with us. Some analysis and constructive criticism is fine, but this Psychédélices era will be over soon enough and she will be gone, at least for a while. I would enjoy it while it lasts, and not spend too much of the time complaining and second guessing her every move. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but I think the critiquing has grown to the point where it’s taking some of the fun out of it.

Edit: I didn't intend this to be pointed at anyone in particular. I just thought it was an opportunity to say it.

Last edited by lefty12357; 06-03-2008 at 06:48 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 06:52 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Everyone has very valid points. I think she wants to get away from that typical image of sexiness, showing a lot of skin. She wants to be taken more seriously as an artist, instead of "wow look at that ass!" Which, unfortunately, I have heard quite a lot from people when I've shown them her videos. But, its not just about that. Styles change, and right now the babydoll dresses, tights, loose fitting clothes are very popular right now. Especially when you live in the fashion capital of the world. Also, I would expect her to wear something like that dress for that particular performance. Shes not necessarily putting on a show, no need for a sexy costume. Her concerts though, I can understand wanting to see more skin and sexier outfits. The bottom line is, this is the way she likes to dress right now and I doubt what we say is going to change that.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Lefty is very wise.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

I think people should stop making such a big deal of what she's wearing and what her hairstyle looks like. It just enhances her image of attracting a certain type of crowd. Enjoy the music instead.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I only want to see her in sexy clothes if she wants to wear sexy clothes. Otherwise it wouldn't work anyway. And I don't want her to do something just to please her audience if she doesn't want to.

During the Gourmandises/MCE-era she seemed to enjoy wearing the sexy outfits or at least she didn't have a problem with it. That's why it was so enjoyable to watch her performances. Or maybe she faked it all but I really don't believe that.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I only want to see her in sexy clothes
You could have just stopped there...
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I was just asking a pointed question when I started this thread. It wasn't about criticizing Alizée even if it started as a reaction to criticism. I hope that if Alizée were to read this stuff she'd know by now that everyone has their opinion and some of us occasionally want to express it or ask questions about it. I think you are right about just enjoying it, but sometimes there isn't a whole lot else to discuss and ideas flow. And, I have tried to make it clear that I don't expect Alizée to do stuff just because I express my opinion and that I understand that she must feel comfortable with what she's doing. I can say that I really dislike some things I've seen her wear. So what? That baby doll dress is certainly not one of those things.

And I disagree with you guys who say just enjoy the music. Maybe that's all you like about Alizée, but not me. I like what I like and I don't see a need for me to discipline myself in that sense.

Anyway, I asked the question and you guys answered; so, for all those who agree and disagree with me, thanks for your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
...Alizée is not some toy doll that we can dress up to suit our own fantasy. She is a real person and has a right to define her own appearance.
But if you do want a toy doll Alizée you can dress up, at least online, go here: http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls/160/Alizee.html

By the way, the photo in my signature from her Aix-en-Provence performance is so beautiful, I don't mind that I haven't gotten around to changing it.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 06-03-2008 at 08:42 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 08:59 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarac77 View Post
I can't agree because they aren't "pregnancy dresses" and I really wish you guys would quit calling them that because it's wrong. Don't worry, you're not the first. Once again, the style is called "babydoll" and is made to resemble a style of negligee and not maternity wear. Whether or not that look is being achieved is one thing, but considering this style is based off bedroom wear, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about her wearing clothes like this. Maybe some things should just be left to the imagination and you have plenty of old material for inspiration.
there are all just "dresses" to me
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
But if you do want a toy doll Alizée you can dress up, at least online, go here: http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls/160/Alizee.html
Oh Roman, when I mentioned Alizée as a doll to be dressed up I was afraid someone was going to remember stardoll...
I think CFH still has one he made in his gallery.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...tardoll&page=5

Don’t get me wrong Roman. I wasn’t criticizing you or anyone else in particular. I probably shouldn’t have posted here in your thread. There are other threads that would have been more appropriate, but I still stand by what I said.