Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2024, 04:16 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Women's Basketball

I don't usually watch Basketball; but in a strange twist the US Olympic Women's Basketball Team has already lost a game to the Women's National Basketball Team's All Stars 117-109; which doesn't seem to bode well for the Olympics ! And three of the WNBA team members, Caitlin Clark; the wonder rookie, Angel Reese, her erstwile opponent who seems to like to foul her, and Arike Ogunbawale has scored 34 points against them earning the MVP of the game. All three girls were in consideration for the team; but were not selected for one reason or another ?
The Olympic selectors say they selected a team which plays well together rather than whoever can score the most points; although that may come back to haunt them ! Both Caitlin and Angel said they hoped to be on the 2028 team !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 07-21-2024 at 04:27 PM..
Old 07-22-2024, 08:42 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I don't usually watch Basketball;
Same. But myself and millions of others that normally do not watch basketball, let alone women's basketball, found themselves watching the NCAA women's basketball March Madness. After that, many started watching the WNBA.

There's one reason for the surge of popularity, and her name is Caitlin Clark. She's not the best player out there but is outstanding nonetheless and she has charisma and that certain something that draws people to her. She's the Alizee of the women's basketball world.

Think of how Tiger Woods turned the golf world upside down when he started competing.
Old 07-22-2024, 11:15 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Same. But myself and millions of others that normally do not watch basketball, let alone women's basketball, found themselves watching the NCAA women's basketball March Madness. After that, many started watching the WNBA.

There's one reason for the surge of popularity, and her name is Caitlin Clark. She's not the best player out there but is outstanding nonetheless and she has charisma and that certain something that draws people to her. She's the Alizee of the women's basketball world.

Think of how Tiger Woods turned the golf world upside down when he started competing.
This is True. I have watched more women's basketball because of her ! She is a heads up Player and passes to the other player's who are open. So she has speeded up the game and will pass a ball full court so somebody else can score ! And she will pass behind her back to another player to score ! so she gets the game exciting as they can't just cover her !
My father was a Basketball coach and so I played some in junior high; which is why I might be "basketballed out" now. I used to be able to make the shot by dribbling around the circle foul line and throwing the ball over my head by instinct without really aiming it and getting a basket a good percentage of the time; but the coaches don't like that, as they want every shot to be aimed and not shot from instinct ! Ha !