Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, that didn't last long. Yeah, I would tend to get quickly bored of something like twitter too. I'm sure Alizée is too busy actually doing things to be thinking about posting stuff all the time.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Careful Roman, looks like she might be watching what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellealizee
is very satisfied and excited with her first finished songs !
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

this is for all you non-twitters:

mellealizeeis: very satisfied and excited with her first finished songs!

i do not know about you but this makes me excited

aw ben, you beat me to it grrrrr
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

All kidding aside, I've been doing a little research on this "Twitter" thing and I'm actually extremely excited about Alizée making use of it!

I hope she blazes a new trail for all singers and musicians. We at this forum know she can.

It seems that at least a couple of you posted the link to Courtney Love's Salon.com Magazine interview where she talks the "inside baseball" of the music business: http://archive.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/
My gut is telling me(really, really hope I'm wrong in this regard!) that there is an absolute "Mt. Everest" of back stage drama behind Alizée and her career and that she wisely tries to keep it out of the public eyes. It's very plausible that she has been ripped-off and cheated in a myriad of ways. Possibly in ways similar and beyond what Courtney Love discusses in her Salon interview. (Alizée, I hope you're keeping a diary under lock and key, because someday, when the time is right, there will be an incredible story that needs to be told.)

Anyway, here we are in 2009 and musicians and singers are still working under difficult circumstances. This is where Twitter or something perhaps even better could come along and really create a playing field where artists and fans can both come out winners and the middle men, in particular the ones that have played the role of rip-off artists should finally be pushed out of the way! A solution is way, way overdue....and the Angel could be one of the ones to show the way to fix it.

For example: An artist could just get out, work hard and do alot of shows. Sign up for all the possible social network sites, but to avoid getting overloaded with work, just use Facebook, MySpace, etc. to point people to your Twitter handle and become followers. Send out regular tweets to your followers to stay in touch(Yeah, give them back some love). In the past, artists have basically had to create an "album" containing several songs so the economies of scale would make it practical to release a CD or record(also, requiring in the process, the middlemen(some, not so nice)). Now with downloading on the internet that can and probably should change. Think about it, many folks that are buying music online (moi, for example) are buying entire albums but, also more importantly and more frequently, songs à la carte.

The internet will now allow for artists to directly "tweet" to their followers and let them know "Hey, fresh, hot new tune available... preview and download at my site at abcxyz.com". Songs could be released and sold à la carte, then later combined into special release CD/DVD packages with some one off bonuses thrown in.

Bottom line is.....now with the web(and perhaps Twitter), there are numerous opportunities for the artists and their fans to make a mutually profitable and more direct connection. It would be absolutely wonderful to see Alizée with a million plus followers.....and they would all just be waiting to buy and download the next song! (Holds up left hand while right index finger hovers over select "BUY NOW!" button.)

And Alizée, I hope you are the one to show the way!

Got way more to say, but it's too long a post already.

Keep those "tweets" a comin'.

Ciao Baby!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Careful Roman, looks like she might be watching what you say.
oops, yeah now she's throwing me a little hint:
mellealizee N°5 http://tinyurl.com/dmqxnr22 minutes ago from web

Hey, if it was that easy to get Alizée to talk to us ...

Merci Fanny
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
oops, yeah now she's throwing me a little hint:
mellealizee N°5 http://tinyurl.com/dmqxnr22 minutes ago from web

Hey, if it was that easy to get Alizée to talk to us ...
wait.....................what? What am I missing here

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

new funny Twitter pic

And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Got the following posted in the comments on alexpaniagua's most viewed Alizée YouTube.

Dear Alex,

Congrats on having the most viewed Alizée video!

Is it possible to add comments to the video without losing the view count?

If it is, could you add Alizée's Twitter address to the comments so folks can follow her: twitter /mellealizee

Thanks,
Triple AAA from AlizéeAmerica

P.S. Guys, if you have time, sign in to YouTube and give my comment some "thumbs up" maybe that will help as well.

Last edited by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..; 05-05-2009 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Add PS
Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post
Got the following posted in the comments on alexpaniagua's most viewed Alizée YouTube.

Dear Alex,

Congrats on having the most viewed Alizée video!

Is it possible to add comments to the video without losing the view count?

If it is, could you add Alizée's Twitter address to the comments so folks can follow her: twitter /mellealizee

Thanks,
Triple AAA from AlizéeAmerica

P.S. Guys, if you have time, sign in to YouTube and give my comment some "thumbs up" maybe that will help as well.
Too bad that's not even the best example of that performance or recording of it anyway. Well, I gave you one thumb.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Too bad that's not even the best example of that performance or recording of it anyway. Well, I gave you one thumb.

Hey, thanks Roman.

It's about the view count, trying to get the numbers.

Hopefully Alex will post her Twitter handle in the area by his YouTube username for all to see in perpetuity.

I PM'ed him via YouTube as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter