Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I read that Alizée sent the first cd produced of her Psychelices album to MF and LB and they never responded. If they were on good terms, they would have said something. If they were on good terms, the only reason I could think of them not responding is because they didn't like it and at that point, it was too late to offer any constructive criticism because the album was done.

Do you remember the video that came out before her latest album that showed some of the making of Madam Julietta. There was a point where one of the dancers walked out in an outfit that was I guess a little to revealing and Alizée said.it was "too Mylene Farmer". Maybe I'm wrong but this sounds like a slap in the face to MF. If it was too revealing then "it's too revealing" is what she should have said.
I think Alizee's statement was somewhat of a slap to MF
ever consider why the editors of the show included that statement very clearly?

the editors probably were trying to start some type of anomsity b/w Alizee and MF - it was a slap imho

maybe though it was just a verbal slip by Alizee - who knows
i think she said first that the skirt was too short and then said that it was too like MF - so the skirt was too revealing and that's associated with MF i guess

humans are inherently competitive - i'm sure there's some sort of competition b/w the two even though they would never say that in the public and maybe not even to their close associates

Last edited by tbailey; 06-10-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
oh - i didn't know that
they shut down your thread pretty quickly it looks like
i guess they're pretty strict with that stuff
They are pretty strict with their rules in that forum and if you start to drift off subject from a thread, there's a forum nazi who comes on and says "Schweinhunt! Stick to the subject or ve vill blitzkreig your hard drive!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
They are pretty strict with their rules in that forum and if you start to drift off subject from a thread, there's a forum nazi who comes on and says "Schweinhunt! Stick to the subject or ve vill blitzkreig your hard drive!
really
well i tend to drift off topic like i'm doing now with your thread
maybe AF and me don't mix too well
just signed up though - who knows maybe i'll get banned for drifting off topic

Last edited by tbailey; 06-10-2008 at 02:58 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I read that Alizée sent the first cd produced of her Psychelices album to MF and LB and they never responded. If they were on good terms, they would have said something. If they were on good terms, the only reason I could think of them not responding is because they didn't like it and at that point, it was too late to offer any constructive criticism because the album was done.

Do you remember the video that came out before her latest album that showed some of the making of Madam Julietta. There was a point where one of the dancers walked out in an outfit that was I guess a little to revealing and Alizée said.it was "too Mylene Farmer". Maybe I'm wrong but this sounds like a slap in the face to MF. If it was too revealing then "it's too revealing" is what she should have said.
I believe you are talking about this interview:

"The first people that you sent your album to were Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. I read in the press that there was no reply from them. So, how should this silence be interpreted?"

"I don't ask myself too many questions! They know that I am very grateful towards them. It was the least I could do for them in return to send them my album before everybody else and that is what I did. Personally, I am very proud of my album and I hope that they have good thoughts about it!"

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3274&
Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Cool Don't call us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

As for the CD comment, unless the series of events can be substantiated in some manner, all you've got is speculation on top of rumor, which is worse then worthless.
If you check post #34 by Euphoria, I think this will confirm that Alizée did send the first Psychedelices cd to MF and LB and never heard back from them.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 PM

Default Merci beaucoup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I believe you are talking about this interview:

"The first people that you sent your album to were Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. I read in the press that there was no reply from them. So, how should this silence be interpreted?"

"I don't ask myself too many questions! They know that I am very grateful towards them. It was the least I could do for them in return to send them my album before everybody else and that is what I did. Personally, I am very proud of my album and I hope that they have good thoughts about it!"

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3274&
Thank You very much for posting this. I knew I had read it but when someone questioned whether it was true or not, despite a lot of searching, I could not find the interview. So thanks again!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you check post #34 by Euphoria, I think this will confirm that Alizée did send the first Psychedelices cd to MF and LB and never heard back from them.
Well, that's better than something out of blue, but it still lacks confirmation. Merely answering a presumptive question is not sufficient to validate the presumption. This is especially true for a celebrity where it would not be in one's best interest to confirm or deny every leading question laced with presumption. Because if you get in the habit of always denying that which is untrue and not confirming that which is true, then that which is never confirmed infers truth.

A wise celebrity must leave some (or all) presumptive questions as unconfirmed, regardless whether they are founded on truth or not. Just answer the question, without confirmation. Which is what Alizée did in this instance.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
oh - i didn't know that
they shut down your thread pretty quickly it looks like
i guess they're pretty strict with that stuff

and yes i think you're right
English i believe is mandatory in French schools and a lot of French people are at least somewhat familiar with English
It's not really a matter of of what language(s) the people reading the forum can comprehend, but rather what language the forum is intended to be in....

Regarding the MF/LB reaction, I recall the early interviews varied a bit; the first one saying something like they had a positive response, then one where she said something like "the response I shall keep to myself" and then the "never heard back".

Last edited by fsquared; 06-11-2008 at 01:45 AM..
Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 AM

fatman is on a distinguished road

can someone link me the video where Alizee says that the dress is too Mylene Farmer?

thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 02:05 AM

i believe it's this one

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=82

my pc isn't allowing me to play it right now
so i can't check for sure

but check it out if you want