Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and LB now and later... and MF

I wonder if the relationship between Alizée and Laurent Boutonnat is or will be bound by the relationship between Alizée and Mylène Farmer. I hope not.

What do you think? Could LB cooperate with Alizée without (with!) ruffling MF's feathers? In time?

Hylas1896
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

nah, i think all of that is in the past. Jeremy seems to be doing an amazing job laying down the beats for the new album. Judging from what I have heard so far, they are kicking some ass together
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Well yeah I'm sure they won't be working together again, but if you mean personally... I'm willing to bet Alizée's relationship with Laurent Boutonnat is more or less the same as her relationship with Mylene Farmer. MF/LB are inseparable, like two halves of a whole.

But then, I'm not one of those who necessarily believes there's anything going on between Mylene and Alizée other than Lili wanting to go her own way professionally.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Judging from what I have heard so far, they are kicking some ass together
I've always hoped this would be the case. Call me a romantic if you will, but I've always liked the idea of the two of them, as a husband/wife team really kicking ass together and taking the world by storm as a couple; Alizée up front being amazing, and Jérémy kinda in the background being the amazingly supportive husband we all want for Alizée.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Jeremy may have found his rightful place in the music world as a writer/producer rather than a performer.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Jeremy may have found his rightful place in the music world as a writer/producer rather than a performer.
I've always felt that's the way it should be (look at Ruban Noir). Though to be fair, we might be basing that on two songs he didn't actually write, so lets wait and see.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Though to be fair, we might be basing that on two songs he didn't actually write, so lets wait and see.
very true, but they do sound very "Jeremyish" ..

whatever that means
Old 09-10-2007, 11:58 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

I can see your points. But consider Jeremy's perspective. He's obviously fine with others contributing compositions. Will 'others' never include LB? A lot can happen in a few years.

Take the composition 'La Isla Bonita' for example. Intended for Micheal Jackson (can you imagine!), who turned it down, Madonna ended up with it and wrote the lyrics. Certainly LB works with others (Nathalie Cardone, etc), if only infrequently. Perhaps some of his compositions may end being more suited for a younger voice or a different style. You can imagine what would cross his mind.

I guess I shouldn't speculate, but the fact that MF and LB are inseparable does not mean Alizée views them both in the same light or that they both view Alizée in the same light. Let's not close doors before Alizée, Jeremy, LB, and even MF nail them shut forever.

Hylas1896
Old 09-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
I can see your points. But consider Jeremy's perspective. He's obviously fine with others contributing compositions. Will 'others' never include LB? A lot can happen in a few years.
To be honest, I don't believe it's his call, unless you're talking about a composing collaboration between him and LB.

As for future work between Alizée and either Laurent or Mylène, or both, it all depends on how feelings among them run, now or down the road, doesn't it? We don't have anything concrete or definite about what their relationship is like at this point, except that somebody decided to sever the partnership. (My sense is that it was probably Alizée who made that decision, but how amicably or bitterly it happened I don't know.) A lot of smoke and mirrors, a lot of tabloid babble, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Purely in terms of music, Alizée certainly made Laurent sound good, and Mylène proved that her lyrics don't always HAVE to be full of death, despair, futility, and dark doom. As long as they don't hate each other, I see no reason why from time to time she might not perform music written by one or both.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-11-2007, 12:32 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

well as far as we all know she had to buy her name from them so I'm guessing something like that doesn't leave you in a happy mood as far as being a friend goes but Alizée does not seem like a mean person to me I mean in all of the interviews I have seen she seems to be a nice person so who knows maybe shes full of forgiveness