Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm not sure how reliable physical sales are as a benchmark anymore. But in France, the download numbers have not been too great either. Here again, it shows that in the music world today, one must cast their nets much wider to catch the same amount of fish. And that is where the USA could be a factor if she could increase sales here. You have to increase your number of fans, or find ways to sell more stuff to your current fans, or preferably do both. That may be why she did the deluxe set. We are in a transisional period right now and I think it's still important to provide both digital downloads and physical media. You can't just write off one facet of the buying public right now.

From what I read on the French sites, the turnout was smaller for the UEDS autograph session than it was for Psych, but they also said this one was much better. As far as I can see, Alizée is doing things right this time. Again, she needs to maintain enough sales off of an album to sustain her for a few years in order to put out the next album. As she said, she is licensed to the record company and they are not producing her albums. she is apparently doing that out of pocket.

So as fans, I guess we should continue to support her as we can, and help to spread the word about her. We have kind of adopted her as our artist of choice and I suppose it is in our interests as well to contribute to her artistic endeavors. It's like an investment in the future.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont