Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
An example is her interview on the island of St. Tropez. Rhein included a segment of that in one of his videos.
Are you talking about this interview?

Quote:
This guy made 1,246 Alizee tribute videos! The last one being uploaded 5 hours ago. Is he in a race with Rhein?

Thanks for pointing this out. I haven't seen any of his before, at least I don't think.
Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Alizee probably has a combined number of tribute videos approaching, if not surpassing,3000 videos. This is a staggering number, and I don't think anybody else would come close.
I suppose you're right. I rarely watch tribute videos because they are generally based on the same old pictures and videos of Alizée and I would like to see something new from her. I must admit, however, that all these fans are very creative. They are trying to fill the gap in our souls caused by Alizée's absence on stage and in media. I've never understood the popularity Elvis Presley gained in the USA, but I think it was largely due to the fact that he gone too soon and people still wanted to get more from him:

Old 10-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Are you talking about this interview?
Here is a screen shot from it. It's about a 7 minute video.

Quote:
I suppose you're right. I rarely watch tribute videos because they are generally based on the same old pictures and videos of Alizée and I would like to see something new from her. I must admit, however, that all these fans are very creative. They are trying to fill the gap in our souls caused by Alizée's absence on stage and in media. I've never understood the popularity Elvis Presley gained in the USA, but I think it was largely due to the fact that he gone too soon and people still wanted to get more from him:
Many of the tributes are very good, but plenty not so much. I like to collect everything Alizee related, and the tributes often help me find the holes in my collection.

Elvis is a cultural icon in the US. He mesmerized the girls similar to the way Alizee mesmerizes the guys. He starred in movies and made rock and roll music mainstream. Maybe some of his additional fame came with his early death, but he already was off the charts prior to it.

When an artist dies too young, it makes one wonder what could have been achieved if they lived a full life. Elvis is an example, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain are a few more. Hendrix and Cobain mainly had a very large musical influence in their respective genres, but Elvis influenced the culture of an entire nation. Another way to look at it - Elvis paved the way for the Beatles to being introduced in the US and being received like they were.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:24 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is a screen shot from it. It's about a 7 minute video.

Oh, now I understand what are you talking about.

Quote:
Elvis is a cultural icon in the US. He mesmerized the girls similar to the way Alizee mesmerizes the guys.
That's a good parallel! Though I couldn't experience the power of his spells, of course.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:36 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Elvis influenced the culture of an entire nation.
I would say that he influenced the musical culture of the world. I don't know much about him, but once I watched a documentary where they showed how he was one of the starting points of modern music. Moreover in Italy many singers emulated his style and made covers of his songs (but Elvis took something from Italy as well eh eh), so I think singers from other countries did the same.
Here is a cover made by Celentano:

Old 10-17-2019, 03:45 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffy for the links.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh, now I understand what are you talking about.

That's a good parallel! Though I couldn't experience the power of his spells, of course.
I think if you look at the comments of this video, especially from the women, you will find a correlation with how men feel about Alizee. Lot's of references to the word "perfect".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU5xxh5UX4U
Old 10-17-2019, 08:17 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post

Wow! Kulli, Thanks.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Why do Rhein's videos have so many more views than Fede Campamix? To me, Fede Camapmixes videos are just as good as Rheins.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not familiar with Fede Capapmixes videos or who he is, but part of the reason Rob does well is he belongs to a few different Facebook groups.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Vadim Sanderson just put out another good one..

He seems to be getting better and better at video editing. A lot of the clips he uses looks HD.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-22-2019 at 04:49 PM..