Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I think just about every big city in the world has some areas you are better off staying out of. That is true in the city I grew up in and live in today and that is Boston. If you go into certain sections of this city alone and you look like you don't belong, you will probably get either taken advantage of at the least, robbed and/or beaten.

I mentioned the beaten path earlier. As long as you only go into areas where there are plenty of other tourists, you should be fine if you go to Mexico. If you like to have a few drinks, don't have too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The gangs in Mexico are real and they do prey on tourist. When Alizee went there, she had a team of bodyguards. Having said that..........

Like every ethnic group, there are good ones and bad ones, but the vast majority are good.

As for Trump, I'll let history be the judge.
Understood. Thanks for the explanation. I was a bit surprised because it seemed that you were talking about the Old West rather than a modern country. I suppose what Scruffydog says is true: every city has its own "bad" areas.
I live near Naples, which is commonly known for crime (mafia, pickpockets and stuff like that). I go there almost everyday for university but also for a walk with my family or friends every now and then. Usually, if you don't go to very particular areas, you are OK, you just have to watch out for pickpockets, because you never know.
I mean, the level of petty crime is a little more serious than it is in other cities. But there are also some other disreputable areas, where you know that if you go there, you won't be back: I mean that you look at a guy and think "will he kill me with a knife or a gun?". But, a part from rare cases, everyone knows what areas you should avoid. So if there are other people on the streets, just mind your pockets because there are usually many, many other people. Unfortunately Naples is a magnificent city with a lot of beauties but also many problems.
It seems that I'm talking about the Old West too lol but I would always recommend visiting Naples to anyone: if you are a visiting tourist, just be a bit more alert than usual, because you will never end up near those areas.

Even Alizée came here once... Obviously I lost the chance to meet her
Old 12-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I live near Naples
Wow! So you must be familiar with some of the locations used in this video

Old 12-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Wow! So you must be familiar with some of the locations used in this video

:O
Really nice video! Thanks for sharing
And yes, I know most of those locations. I really like the street where those two girls are dancing (1:04). It is a long seafront, where there are lots of glamorous hotels, pizzerie and that castle in the middle of the sea.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
:I know most of those locations. I really like the street where those two girls are dancing (1:04). It is a long seafront, where there are lots of glamorous hotels, pizzerie and that castle in the middle of the sea.
It sounds lovely! I would love to visit Naples one day.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I would love to visit Naples one day.
I hope you will. There is a lot of stuff to see.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, Fall, I need clarification on this: when you talk about rules, do you mean a sort of list of rules (which is somewhere on the forum) or are you referring to "common sense" (unwritten) rules?
These are the rules we try to follow

Quote:

There aren't many rules here, but we thought it about time to post the few that we do have.

Moderators take a hands off approach on pretty much everything within reason, except for the following:

1. anything that would offend Alizée
2. political/religious discussion (this isn't the place, we delete all political threads)
3. spam (and ban the user)
4. audio or video of official Alizée material that can be purchased

Keep in mind that this forum is open to everyone, including children, so we try to keep things like language or graphic images at a "PG-13" level or under.

You may also notice us doing stuff behind the scenes, like moving threads or posts. You needn't worry about this, we just ask that you cooperate with us.

Thanks, and enjoy the forum!

AlizeeAmerica.com Staff
Old 12-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
These are the rules we try to follow
Okay. Everything's clear.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

To mention these rules without including common sense is complete bull shit!

With little coming from Alizee, it's hard to keep fan interest up. One of the best things we have are our conversations and these conversations often stray over the line. When they go to far, they are policied. The last thing we need in this forum is someone standing over us saying "Schweinhund.....you can't say church in this forum!!!".

As far as the rules, look at this picture.......

common sense 1.jpg

Oh my God!!!!!! There's an image of my Lord Jesus Christ hanging from a cross. We can't have that.

common sense 2.jpg

Oh my God!!!!! There's also a priest and an altar boy in the picture.......

common sense 3.jpg

Oh my God!!!! There's other religious figures in the background.....

common sense 4.jpg

Much better but Oh my God!!!!....I'm not supposed to be saying Oh my God!

What about this picture of Annily? Uh oh!!!!.....she's holding a bible! Where are the Nazis when you need them?

common sense 5.jpg
common sense 6.jpg

Now kidding aside, questions might arise from these pictures from people who don't know the religion and those questions in the conversations they lead to, can very easily go off the topic of the event and that is pure horse shit that something like that can't be allowed.

What we need on many occasions is something that should supersede those rules and it's as aragorn mentioned, common sense.

CleverCowboy and Bamagirl are relatively new as mods here and they are still learning the ropes, but I think they are doing a great job. Leave them the hell alone! If you question something they do or say, send them a pm or post something in the mod's forum, but don't call them out in front of everyone in the forum!

Edit:

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-10-2019 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What we need on many occasions is something that should supersede those rules and it's as aragorn mentioned, common sense.

CleverCowboy and Bamagirl are relatively new as mods here and they are still learning the ropes, but I think they are doing a great job. Leave them the hell alone! If you question something they do or say, send them a pm or post something in the mod's forum, but don't call them out in front of everyone in the forum!
Thanks, Scruffy. You did a great job making your point! I agree that when the conversational rules get too strict, then conversation will simply dry up. As I mentioned before, avoiding ALL mention of anything relating to politics--or religion, too--is virtually impossible. If a conversation progresses, it will sooner or later touch on on of the forbidden topics, especially if they are loosely defined as such.

As your photos make very clear, the subject of this forum--Alizée--certainly indicates her own religious beliefs in many of her photos. Like this one, recently posted on the "Team AliGrég" Facebook Page:

baby room50.jpg

I think that is is true that certain topics are more likely than others to deteriorate into ugly arguments. On the other hand, it really depends upon the participants. Some people will argue about anything. For example, I belong to a Shakespeare group on Facebook. There was recently a very unpleasant back and forth regarding a comment made about Ophelia. Some people just can't be civil, no matter the topic.

But, unless that happens here, I say that we should let all conversations proceed naturally. Moderators should only step in if things get really personal or ugly or, of course, if there are things posted that would be embarrassing or offensive to Alizée or her family. So let's all just have common sense, as Aragorn and you both said!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-10-2019 at 08:35 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Ok well clearly absolutely anything I say or do is some vicious attack that deserves expletives and rants and being equated to a Nazi. Apparently everything I say is a vicious attack to Bamagirl and CleverCowboy and their abilities as moderators. But perhaps somehow, SOMEHOW, this post will not be interpreted that way. I would invite the people who I am apparently insulting, to please let me know if I have offended you as grievously as implied.

Aragorn asked for what rules I was referring to. While asking Merci Alizée to activate a new user (mind you, we live on opposite sides of the world so I was on my way to bed while he was about to get off work) I asked him to please respond to Aragorn with the rules posted by Ben/Brad. That doesn't mean that common sense doesn't also apply, it is simply the answer to the question that was asked.

Nobody has ever censored Alizée's faith. I wouldn't be the first. I am a practicing Catholic, an Immigrant, and also Hispanic/Latino. I really don't know how welcome I would be by the actual Nazis that live in this country. Therefore, I do not appreciate being equated to a Nazi in any respect. It's not a joke. It's not funny.