Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Found another video! It's a spanish news thingy, so I kinda understood bits and parts of it. Oooh, and Fall, they mention Michael Jackson, thought you might like that.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/blK256uRofs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
Quote:
"Alizée admits that she has has always been inspired by Madonna and Michael Jackson"
Well well well! Me too!
(though not really with Madonna)
Thanks for sharing Wasabi
Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Man...she has an amazing "Hasta Luego" and "Muchas Gracias"
Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Man...she has an amazing "Hasta Luego" and "Muchas Gracias"
Anything she says in any language just makes that language a tenfold more beautiful.. whether it be English, Spanish, or French.. like with the Sound of Silence intro?? ".. 'ittle 'ittle gurl" "mah faavorite sung"..

Old 04-04-2010, 02:40 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Just found this post from RMJ in alizee-forum:

Quote:
Oh, some facts of volumes I got :

Sony has pressed 40,000 CDs total. That's half the amount that was pressed for Psychédélices.

One third of those has been shipped to stores around France and Europe (since I assume that these numbers don't count Mexico). The rest, two thirds, will be shipped if there is any reason to do it (meaning that if the sales can pay the shipping).

And lets keep in mind that Disque d'or (golden disc) would need 50,000 sold albums. (it was changed last year, it used to be 75,000 when Psychédélices came out. Also, now the whole Disque d'argent has been removed. So the golden disc is the first award artist can get. http://www.disqueenfrance.com/en/page-259165.xml )

Suprisingly Sony didn't even do their last trick and press enough for the golden disc (since that's how Alizée got her last golden disc, basically by cheating... there is still 40,000 Psychédélices albums lying around in some storage in France... Albums that were count for the award...).
I am sad, very sad

Does anyone have any idea how is the album performing in France?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Just found this post from RMJ in alizee-forum:

I am sad, very sad

Does anyone have any idea how is the album performing in France?
Hmm, that stinks, I wonder if the sales are going to remain low, or if they will pick up at some point. If only that leak had not happened, maybe the sales would be a bit higher :/
Old 04-04-2010, 04:30 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Yeah well, some of us have known of this general situation for years. It's not all that surprising then, these current statistics. The thing is, this is about pressing disks and that can't really be compared to what was sold many years ago. If all they care about is pressing disks then yeah, the numbers are low because many people just buy the download files. So, what's the point of counting disks? Maybe they still think it's a general indication of sales since they can't/don't want to change to a new way of gaging sales and popularity. In any case, without download sales, I don't think one can really compare sales numbers from 6 years or even 2 years ago.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I agree; disc sales are becoming increasingly meaningless as an indicator of sales. I've been down this road, worrying about disc sales and whatnot, before with Psychédélices and take it from me... it's just not worth getting worked up or discouraged about. Here we are two years later with a new album for us all to enjoy.

I think it's clear with a lot of the stylistic choices made with Une Enfant du Siècle (electronic yet very retro), and given the kinds of music that are popular today and sells widely, that Alizée and her people didn't create the album to necessarily appeal to the masses and sell millions of copies. She made this album and worked with the other artists she worked with because this is the kind of music that appeals to her and these are the people she wanted to work with. I think that shows a much higher degree of artistic integrity on her part and I support her decisions 100%.

I think at this point with the response of fans (esp. international fans) after Psychédélices, and again with UNdS, that she now understands that there is a core group of fans that really love her and appreciate her work. I don't think she relies on disc sales to know that she is appreciated, not anymore.

Alizée's a big girl now, with a loving and supportive family of her own. As Mylène's "protogée" she's had a first-class training on what it's like and what it takes to be massive star... But she's made her own choices about the kind of work she wants to produce. At this point I would expect Alizée to produce another album in the future regardless with what happens with UEdS disc sales. (The only thing I still might be concerned about are are concerts/tours).

I guess my point is: Don't get worked up or overly worried about Alizée's sales performance; it isn't worth it getting in the way of enjoying the moment and enjoying Alizée.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

These numbers are from 1hour ago:
-Itunes Mexico: 5
-Itunes France: not in Top 20

-Amazon FR CD: 28
-in Chanson francaise: 9
-in Pop: 23
-Amazon FR MP3: 1021

Official chart numbers should be available tomorrow..maybe later, because of easter.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 AM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Well in this article on Ozap she knows that there is no winning with the French public:

http://www.ozap.com/actu/interview-a...ovision/332810

Increasingly she is becoming more and more underground even the style of music reflects that. When she is cut free from Sony who knows what will happen. None of this is surprising, really. If one can pull a sliver lining out of this is that she knows that CD and even downloads will no longer sustain her career and will have to start looking at a more active performance schedule. Look at the schedule of the Institubes artists to understand where I am going with this. Does she want to do that kind of thing? Who knows.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueDuSud View Post
Well in this article on Ozap she knows that there is no winning with the French public:

http://www.ozap.com/actu/interview-a...ovision/332810

Indeed this is an extremely telling article. My french is pretty bad but I know enough to struggle to pull out some of the main ideas. Translating this article should be made a priority.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont