Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's Age Range: Dans La Lumière vs Super Performance 4

Many of you know my favorite Alizée song is À contre-courant (ACC).

Question: Is anyone else surprised by the 'age range' Alizée shows between:
ACC @ Dans La Lumiere (25-10-2003)
and
ACC @ Super Performance 4 (31-12-2003) ?
The time difference here is only 2 months! I know change in dress, hairstyle, and overall presentation can affect 'age', but still. All the more so considering that
La Isla Bonita (8-6-2003)
preceded the DLL performance by a full 4 months.

One can only imagine the result we would get if we asked a group of sympathetic strangers to order Alizée's performaces chronologically. I'm guessing the uninitiated would also put La Isla Bonita and Super 4 towards the end of the list, and En Concert and ACC @ DLL just after the bulk of the L'Alize performances.

What do you think?

Hylas
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

What age range ? In those two first performances she looks excatly the same.

Her make up is slightly different, but hair style the same old ACC style. Clothes represents same style.

In LIB she looks much younger and it's done to be so. Her clothes are purposely to chose to bring up her young beautiful body. So it of course looks slightly different. But when looking at her face, there's no real difference.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

No real difference between those first two, in my eyes. In the second link you provided she's cut her bangs by about 3cm, and is wearing a little more rouge. Other than that... nada.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I think her makeup is a little different in 2003-12-31, but she doesn't look that much different. 2003-10-25 - dans la lumière - there is one angle of the camera that I think I have a wallpaper of that RMJ made where she does look surprisingly young. It seems like the makeup, lighting, and a lot of times just the camera angle makes her look much younger, like in some of the pictures of the JEAM video. In La Isla Bonita, her skin looks very smooth and soft. If it seems more so than in other videos, I'd have to guess that in other videos the makeup or lighting weren't as good. In any case, sorry I don't see a huge difference. Where I see the most difference is when I look at certain early interviews of her. She looks so much younger (and she is), but I think more so than even in performances.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 AM

So, here is how I see it after taking an extended second look:
Keep in mind that I enjoy both performances and that my descriptions below are comparatives, not absolutes.

Hair
DLL: Light, translucent
SP6: Deep, Earthly

Face
DLL: Glowing
SP6: Gentle

Lighting
DLL: Emphasis on the monochromatics: Red, Green, Blue
SP6: More mixed reds, mixed purples, browns, and yellows

Wardrobe:
DLL: Plaid skirt dress, thin straps, arms open. Tapered black pants with thin white pinstripes in a finer fabric. Heels.
SP6: Solid black shirt, thick collar, arms covered. Wide 'black' pants with thick red plaid, arms covered in a looser fabric. Nearly invisible shoes.

Body Language
DLL: More pronounced 'angles' in the body language: neck, arms, sways, knees, even subtlety in the mouth (side to side).
SP6: Little things like the shoulder shake at 0:25 and the smile starting at 4:55.

Intangibles:
DLL: The demeanor of a girl just reaching full stride on her way to becoming a woman.
SP6: The demeanor of a young woman after a full first year away from home.

Hmm... I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it has a little to do with a certain event on 6-11-2003?

Hylas1896

PS I hope I don't have a 'What Not to Wear' nightmare tonight. But seriously, there is no one like Alizée to hone observation.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

i think she's just amazing

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
Hmm... I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it has a little to do with a certain event on 6-11-2003?

Hylas1896
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that date.

Maybe I'm reading something into the DLL performance, but I see a glow with her as she sings this song. By then she has likely set the wedding date. You can possibly imagine what is going through her mind as she sings about her lover, the satisfaction of the choice she has now made.

By SP6, she is a married woman, and perhaps the conservative performance is an espression of her "new" role.

LIB is simply in a different category, and one of my favorite performances (partly because she got to use one of the styles of dancing she had studied - even if she just brushed the surface).
Old 11-06-2007, 06:05 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that date.

Maybe I'm reading something into the DLL performance, but I see a glow with her as she sings this song. By then she has likely set the wedding date. You can possibly imagine what is going through her mind as she sings about her lover, the satisfaction of the choice she has now made.

By SP6, she is a married woman, and perhaps the conservative performance is an espression of her "new" role.

LIB is simply in a different category, and one of my favorite performances (partly because she got to use one of the styles of dancing she had studied - even if she just brushed the surface).
I think some of the interviews indicated that they did it on a "whim", indicating that they might not have made up their minds even as late as then...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
I think some of the interviews indicated that they did it on a "whim", indicating that they might not have made up their minds even as late as then...
Indeed, they went to Vegas and decided to get married on a "whim". The quotes are because this was mentioned in an interview with Jerem. He was asked and also said that it was his idea. This leads me to believe that he had this well planned out in his mind and was no whim for him. Maybe I'm just projecting, but if I was him, that's what I would have done. I should append this comment to my heureux anniversaire de mariage thread, but, Jérém, niiiiiice catch!

Merci Fanny
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Higher Quality Super Performance 4 video?

While on the topic, the youtube video of the Super Performance 4 visit is the only one I could find. Does anyone have a higher quality version? [I checked 1alizee.com, it doesn't look like they have it]

Hylas