Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
Windows sucks, but IMO, Apple sucks even more.

That's why I use Linux
Good to see that there are some supporters of open source software on this forum.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:35 AM

deanej is on a distinguished road

Are you sure this is credible? I don't know of any other sites that have reported this...
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
J'ai pas vingt ans

Jurre is on a distinguished road

Well, it was posted on the 1st of april so I'd take it with a large grain of salt.

The "anti-hack" update however, seems to me like it is true. Not that it won't be hacked within a few days or weeks, so pirates don't need to worry
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

nothing to worry for me..I do have Windows7 but the service pack comes out in early 2011 and i won't get it. Plus i only DL'd the concert Alizee is in and 1 album. So i have nothing to worry about. And both are in french so i don't think the feds could try me haha. i have nothing to worry about i guess.....FBI RAID AAAHHHHH!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
nothing to worry for me..I do have Windows7 but the service pack comes out in early 2011 and i won't get it. Plus i only DL'd the concert Alizee is in and 1 album. So i have nothing to worry about. And both are in french so i don't think the feds could try me haha. i have nothing to worry about i guess.....FBI RAID AAAHHHHH!!!
I'm still a vista user. I bought that few months before the release of Windows 7, so didn't care to buy when it was released. I'm OK with this OS and have no plans for upgradation in near future. I still don't believe those articles that have appeared and wait till something concrete comes up.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

yah Windows will prob post something about that soon to fire back on some of the articles claiming it contains spyware...
Old 04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

This backdoor has been around since XP. MS shut it down with Vista but they brought it back with windows 7. It may suck that the feds can scan your pc, but they need probably cause first. They have to ask for MS's permission to open the first door before the feds can use their own software to scan for anything illegal.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Why are they doing this again? I don't know jack squat about computers and such, but how do they benefit from doing this?
If you read the article you will notice that it will be another revenue stream for Microsoft. They will sell this spyware "service" to the legal authorities so they can bust you. Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 is NOT out yet but MS said they do intend to place this spyware inside of it. But for now, it's in the planning stage.

I did notice that one of the articles said that MS would be able to program "Windows Defender" to do the snooping on your computer. Windows Defender would do its snooping dirty work when the computer is idle for about 15 minutes so you won't notice. I also read that Defender can't actually be removed from Win7 and Vista so I plan to cripple it. But who knows, maybe they'll turn it back on so they can do a scan and then turn it back off.

I like how MS always "slides" these spyware type of updates into Windows update, making them look like legitimate updates. Wouldn't it be nice if they said, "Download and install this update so we can spy on you." Anyway, that's why I do manual updates and read what they do before I install them. Luckily, I saw the update that looks for hacked versions of Windows and didn't install it. I also like how they "slide" in the updates called Windows and Office Genuine Advantage "WGA" and "OGA" that looks for illegal copies of Windows or Office on your computer and then deactivates them so you have to buy them. It's to their advantage.. not yours.

Imagine.. all of your Alizée videos and photos being reported as stolen or illegal. Don't laugh.. it's a service from Microsoft that's coming to a computer near you!

Last edited by another_alizee_fan; 04-02-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_alizee_fan View Post
If you read the article you will notice that it will be another revenue stream for Microsoft. They will sell this spyware "service" to the legal authorities so they can bust you.

I did notice that one of the articles said that MS would be able to program "Windows Defender" to do the snooping on your computer. Windows Defender would do its snooping dirty work when the computer is idle for about 15 minutes so you won't notice. I also read that Defender can't actually be removed from Win7 and Vista so I plan to cripple it.

Imagine.. all of your Alizée videos being reported as stolen or illegal.
Money can be only factor for this if it is so. Lol, if they report about Alizée's stuffs on your HDD, then they will see so many pics, videos and files of single of a French singer and that would surprise anyone.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 PM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanej View Post
Are you sure this is credible? I don't know of any other sites that have reported this...
Yes, it's credible.. you can even check to see if you have the 1st update (anti-hack) installed on your machine.

AGAIN: Please note that Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 is NOT out yet but MS said they do intend to place this spyware inside of it. But for now, it's in the planning stage. But the above listed Windows Update (anti-hack) IS out now.

I first read about it at http://www.shortnews.com in the TechNews section, which I've read for years. Shortnews always seems to be about 2 or 3 days ahead of the big news media outlets. Here, read this interesting post: http://forums.techarp.com/reviews-ar...ndows-7-a.html

Read this article/link: http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.a...tno=666&pgno=0 and then look on your computer to see if you have it installed yet. The big spyware update is scheduled to be installed with Windows 7 Service Pack 1. They will also slide the spyware into XP and Vista. But if the cat gets out of the bag and people have a fit maybe MS won't be able to install it.

Last edited by another_alizee_fan; 04-02-2010 at 04:14 PM..