Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
unless she ditches the new for the favored old shes guna lose alot of the support that even got her there. but you know business they just want 2 market sex and in result its guna ruin her. lily get out while you can!! show us the alizee we became infatuated with!

sumtimes change ISNT the best thing. especially when sumthings already perfect, you dont overkill it! and thats exactly whats going on or rather what they're doing 2 her.

but i suppose when it does and they leave her flat she'll need her old support and i beleive thats when we all as alizee america can give her the new ideas in old ways.
Well, don't forget, the "favored old" Alizée is a product of Farmer. The Alizée you became infatuated with is a result of the "business".

I agree whole-heartedly that change isn't always good, in fact, I'm usually opposed to change. However, with Alizée, she seems keen on change, and that's just something I'm going to have to adjust to, cuz I freaking love the hell out of her!

Old 04-04-2010, 01:55 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

You are right Wasabi. Any album that gets produced by a label, any movie that is produced by a label etc. in any performing arts is a product. That is why they are called performers. They are projecting the fantasy that they hope will sell. Only you can decide if you like the fantasy or not.

It is magical when you like the fantasy and appreciate the personal qualities of the performer. A winning formula is Alizee in my opinion.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

What people don't understand is that Alizee Farmer happened for 4 years and was a big hit. If she had gone for another 6 years(which would be to now), then she would have died off long ago because people would get bored with Alizee Farmer for 10 years. It's like listening to Gourmandises(the song) x10...you'll get bored with it by the 5th time(Although most people don't). But yah change is good and it peaks interest in others besides the old fans
Old 04-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I am exactly the same as you.. to a lesser degree.

I discovered Alizee the same way, went through the same "obsessed" period shortly after the find (not through attraction- fascination, I wanted to be just like her). I am still a loyal fan, just not as devoted as I once was. It's not like she could stay so young and innocent forever; people do grow up, and so we are left with Alizee as she is now. I have no real problem with this. I've learned what I could from her, and now that she's grown up I can apply what I learned to developing my own style and figure out who I am.

I wish you all the best. The 'lolita' Alizee is still there. She's just done some growing up.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I am exactly the same as you.. to a lesser degree.

I discovered Alizee the same way, went through the same "obsessed" period shortly after the find (not through attraction- fascination, I wanted to be just like her). I am still a loyal fan, just not as devoted as I once was. It's not like she could stay so young and innocent forever; people do grow up, and so we are left with Alizee as she is now. I have no real problem with this. I've learned what I could from her, and now that she's grown up I can apply what I learned to developing my own style and figure out who I am.

I wish you all the best. The 'lolita' Alizee is still there. She's just done some growing up.
This is a really interesting perspective we don't get to see here often, Azhiri. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Well, Alizée changes, people change, tastes change.
It's inevitable.

Fans who are enarmored to the Image of Alizée that was created by Mylène..she is gone and will never come back. It's impossible.
Keep your pleasant memories of her and hold dear all the joy she has brought to you, and move on.

For me it's different, i'm enarmored to person that is Alizée and not just some image.
She changes, yes, and i do not like everything she does, but she has not lost her magic for me. I'm willing to go on a musical journey with her, even if it's totally different than her previous work.
Someone said that she is like "family", and i like this comparison. You might not like everything that family members do, but you won't give up on them easily.

Besides, for me as an "older" guy, i like the mature Lili actually more than the teenager.
She has become a beautiful and fascinating woman.
I know it's very hard for her to stay in business, like she said it's easy to be the girl of the Hits, but an artist that lasts is something else.
She has delivered a very artistic album, maybe somewhat too artistic and dark for the masses, but she has proven to me that she is someone to be recocnized and not just a pretty face.

I hope she will stay in the music biz for a loooong time. Probably not as a mega star, but as someone who sells reasonably well and keeps a strong core of passionate fans.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Well, Alizée changes, people change, tastes change.
It's inevitable.

Fans who are enarmored to the Image of Alizée that was created by Mylène..she is gone and will never come back. It's impossible.
Keep your pleasant memories of her and hold dear all the joy she has brought to you, and move on.

For me it's different, i'm enarmored to person that is Alizée and not just some image.
She changes, yes, and i do not like everything she does, but she has not lost her magic for me. I'm willing to go on a musical journey with her, even if it's totally different than her previous work.
Someone said that she is like "family", and i like this comparison. You might not like everything that family members do, but you won't give up on them easily.

Besides, for me as an "older" guy, i like the mature Lili actually more than the teenager.
She has become a beautiful and fascinating woman.
I know it's very hard for her to stay in business, like she said it's easy to be the girl of the Hits, but an artist that lasts is something else.
She has delivered a very artistic album, maybe somewhat too artistic and dark for the masses, but she has proven to me that she is someone to be recocnized and not just a pretty face.

I hope she will stay in the music biz for a loooong time. Probably not as a mega star, but as someone who sells reasonably well and keeps a strong core of passionate fans.
Very nice post, Fenris. I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
This is a really interesting perspective we don't get to see here often, Azhiri. Thanks for sharing!
And thank you for listening! <3
Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

She is being herself Myélen was the one making Alizée the innocent little girl look. Once Alizée left she did her own things the things that were all her.

Alizée is going to change and I accepted that she is still the Lolita she is.Pretty,funny,smart,and did I mention pretty. She is doing things her own way now and a lot of people are juding her in a bad way why would you EVER compar Alizée to Lady Gaga once I seen you say that I had to post something.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
What people don't understand is that Alizee Farmer happened for 4 years and was a big hit. If she had gone for another 6 years(which would be to now), then she would have died off long ago because people would get bored with Alizee Farmer for 10 years. It's like listening to Gourmandises(the song) x10...you'll get bored with it by the 5th time(Although most people don't). But yah change is good and it peaks interest in others besides the old fans
That's a perfect way of putting it, Aaron. The image created during the Mylène-era was so amazing and perfect at the time, but had it continued it would have lost it's power. This would have happened because it wouldn't hav the appeal of being fresh and exciting, but mainly because Alizée herself would have changed and grown up with her style remaining the same. I think that some people might have to face the fact that a 25 year old Alizée wouldn't be able to pull off the same stuff a teenage Alizée could. It just wouldn't be as effective because the style of the Mylène-era was perfectly crafted for a teenage girl.

I'd be interested to learn what plans Mylène had for Alizée if she was to produce a third album. I think she would have realised that a stylistic change was necessary, but who can say what direction she would have taken Alizée in.