Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2010, 10:16 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, when it comes to thekidEm, I talked to her a little bit. I remember that conversation, dj. She is not very active here, but she seemed to not have a problem. I don't know for sure, I never asked her 'Does that candy vagina avatar bother you?', I didn't see she had a problem, so why risk creating one? As for ladycameron, she has been gone a week, according to her profile. I highly doubt that has anything to do with this. She had been here a while, and it is highly unlikely that she had seen it somewhere, she did have a few posts. If she had a problem, she would have reported it. Or look at karla, or johnsons. They never complain. Plaz's avatar is not a problem, driving female members away. But it is definitely the limit, I believe. Either way, if you want to not drive women away, apparently there are a few problems with the 'I love women' thread. I don't read it anymore, so I wouldn't know. But that can't be the only problem.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 AM

johnsons34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
In what way are we not on topic?

VVVACCPLPNLY: The point I was making was only that sexuality isn't the problem here. It's lack of respect, that's all. I don't think Alizée should pose nude precisely because it would provoke smutty comments and disrespect. I'm just saying that it's the smutty comments and disrespect, not the nudity, that would be the problem if she did.
So I've read pretty much all the comments to this thread and I do have to agree with Deepwaters. I've been coming to AA for 2 years, but recently I decided to register as a member. All the threads that have to do with Alizee nipples and whatnot, I skip. They really don't bother me that much, because I don't read them!

I do wonder, though, how many females are at the forum? I haven't noticed any active female members except at the Alizee-forum.com and there is only Jenny.

In reality, none of my female friends even like Alizee. I've tried to get them to listen to her music or join the forums and they simply don't care. I don't think there are just as many female fans as there are male fans.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Well, when it comes to thekidEm, I talked to her a little bit. I remember that conversation, dj. She is not very active here, but she seemed to not have a problem. I don't know for sure, I never asked her 'Does that candy vagina avatar bother you?', I didn't see she had a problem, so why risk creating one? As for ladycameron, she has been gone a week, according to her profile. I highly doubt that has anything to do with this. She had been here a while, and it is highly unlikely that she had seen it somewhere, she did have a few posts. If she had a problem, she would have reported it. Or look at karla, or johnsons. They never complain. Plaz's avatar is not a problem, driving female members away. But it is definitely the limit, I believe. Either way, if you want to not drive women away, apparently there are a few problems with the 'I love women' thread. I don't read it anymore, so I wouldn't know. But that can't be the only problem.
yeah, that avatar doesn't bother me.

The only problem I have with the 'I love women' thread is that I wasn't impressed by some of those women. haha haha.

Last edited by johnsons34; 04-08-2010 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Lol, that last part was freaking awesome! I have to agree, as well. But thank you for a woman's perspective. That is what this thread needed. I bring one now, as well. I also have tried to introduce Alizée to female friends. Namely, my sister in law. She is all about foreign music, particularly Japanese. But she admits that she doesn't care for Alizée. As for her husband, my brother, he admits he finds Alizée extremely attractive. But he can not stand her music. So, he does not join a forum dedicated to her. I say this to dispell any rumors that Alizée's fans are mostly male only because we find her attractive. Either you like her or you don't. I have said before that I think Alizée's American fans are mostly because the means by which she is discovered here. Look at the most common example: world of warcraft. Honestly, which do you think plays this game more: male, or female? Not that females don't, my aunt plays on a regular basis with her husband, an Air Force Master Sargeant, currently deployed.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In reality, none of my female friends even like Alizee. I've tried to get them to listen to her music or join the forums and they simply don't care. I don't think there are just as many female fans as there are male fans.
That's kind of my impression too. It really seems that, for the most part, Alizee only attracts a male audience. Can't really say why, though it may have to do with swaying hips in a certain performance where she wears a sailor suit (or WoW)...I'm just saying, ya know? >_> Not the main reason, I'm sure. Her music does attract people as well, but that should be taken in to account as well.

Quote:
The only problem I have with the 'I love women' thread is that I wasn't impressed by some of those women. haha haha.
Haha, I see, I see. Interesting to know. Feel free to add your comments on it sometimes then. Keep us in check, ya know?

Glad to see a perspective from the female side of things.

Oh, and would ya look at that. I allowed myself to comment on here again. Oh well. This'll be my last response. Don't fight guys, pleaseeeeeee. S'all I ask.

As always, Peace&Love

~Wise
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I've been here since 07 and can tell you that the guys on this site are tame compared to other sites I'm on that have women members.

I've worked with women every day for over twenty five years and guys they are far worse than most men are when it comes down to being "Crude".

We were just talking last month about a ex-member on the board. Those of us that were around remember what a total tease she was. Make one comment back that was half of what she said, and you were on her list as they say. She would put up sexual suggestive photographs and then be offended if someone made a risque comment about it.

I suppose that women on this site need to get a life and realize that Alizée is the women we are interested in and not them. If Karla had been around two or three years ago she would have been pounced on in a minute, but due to a few of our past women members, guys are hip to the girl game and are not playing it the way the girls want it to be played.

Plus Karla is pretty tame at least with her posts and that keeps the guys with in bounds.

The women at least in this country do not understand the obsession men have with Alizée. Even Karla said in post a few months ago "You guys need to get a life".

I would really like to see what the ratio is of males to females on the other English speaking Alizée fan boards that are located outside of France.

I'm on a firearm related board that I would say has 20 to 25 women members and they put up with a whole lot more than any women on this board ever could dream about.

I remember one women in her mid thirties, divorced, two kids, lots of guns and a Black Belt. After she had been posting for a couple of weeks the single guys on the board were throwing out marriage proposals left and right. "Oh God I'm in love do you want to get married" None of them even knew what she looked like but they all wanted to meet her. She came across in those posts as an outdoors women and tomboy and that was what those guys were looking for in a women.

I'm a mod over on a fuel mileage auto related board that AA really does take more time than it should from my responsibilities over there. We have a few thousand members and maybe if we're lucky five active women members. There has never been one sexual or derogatory comment ever made to any them. They are welcomed and cherished because they're are so few women on the board, and yet they leave for no apparent reason.

Women don't stay because it is a male dominated board. Instead of becoming one of the guys they leave. Most women want to hang with other women on a board and not with the guys. Problem is no matter how we try to welcome them they will not stay, because they feel like outsiders because of the wide ratio between the sexes.

Once some of these women establish themselves on the board the numbers will rise and the M-F ratio will start to close up. You will never see 60-40 or 50-50 until the women on the board start to stick around and become one of the guys. Once we get our active women members to 20% or more the numbers will climb as more jump on board to join them.

Last edited by ALS; 04-08-2010 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Can't spell and spell check missed it.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons34 View Post
hahaha, thats why you put in your 2 cents xD
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Guys, if I see any more personal attacks or name calling in this thread, I'm locking it and handing out involuntary vacations from the forum to those responsible. Either keep it civil or click your way out of the thread, please.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM

Ruroshen, I have not been watching this thread too carefully, where was someone personally attacked?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Ruroshen, I have not been watching this thread too carefully, where was someone personally attacked?
There was an exchange between two parties earlier in the thread which got a little heated. I've since baleeted it.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Eh, I don't know why you deleted them. I mean, it's just natural for things to get heated every once a while.

It's not like that argument was going to end in anything disastrous. We get all worked up, shout a few things, then come back and then happily warble on together.

Tags
demographics, female, friendly, gap, gender