Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'm not super great with computer stuff in the first place, so I'd need to buy all the stuff to hit the nail on the head the first time.

I thought about getting a gaming laptop since I'm not bringing any consoles and seeing the size of my dorm desk I'd rather not dedicate a good half of it towards a desktop which I wouldn't have a lot of time to use.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:34 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Like Helix said, you can find a lot of really great stuff online for making a nice gaming computer. But as he also said, it will most likely run you at least 1k.

Now Helix also mentioned upgrading. It's true that eventually, you will have to upgrade the computer. The graphics card, power supply so on and so forth. But, buying all those upgrades is probably goings to run you the same amount as a new console. The difference is....if you buy the right stuff for the PC the first time, you won't have to upgrade you PC for a LONG time.

As far as gaming laptops go, I would avoid them honestly. I bought one myself about 2 years ago, it's already becoming obsolete. Gaming laptops can't be upgraded. Because its a laptop, everything is integrated, VS being separate parts like in a desktop that you can just switch out. So you are stuck with what you buy. And honestly, a decent gaming PC, is going to cost you about the same as buying parts separately to build your own desktop. The desk top is even cheaper in some cases.

Over all PCs will always be more powerful the consoles, siply because they cam be upgraded whenever somthing new comes out. I myself am just not big into PC gaming, dunno why. I just prefer consoles to PC.

And we will be seeing new consoles next year, or the year after. With Unreal Engine 4 being released at E3 this year.....no current console could run that without like.....imploding on itself and creating a black hole.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Guys! Stan's dad, Kyle's dad, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, and like six other people were at E3 this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9tqIVmF3MPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This presentation was very quintessential Matt 'n Trey. Short, sweet, and at least a little offensive to someone, somewhere. I love how Trey blatantly makes fun of Microsoft in the very beginning.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 06-11-2012 at 03:33 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
The difference is....if you buy the right stuff for the PC the first time, you won't have to upgrade you PC for a LONG time.

As far as gaming laptops go, I would avoid them honestly. I bought one myself about 2 years ago, it's already becoming obsolete.
Yeah that's why I consider most of my purchases as investments. If you do a lot of research you generally don't end up disappointed. Plus during that time you get more of a "is this going to really be worth it?" feel.

Your laptop still can still seamlessly run heavy software programs like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects or their competitors, right? Those don't tend to evolve as much every year since you do mostly the same things with just more features. I imagine if you got a laptop right now that could render 1080p videos and 3D modeling, which I think jalen might have been wondering about, you would be set for a quite awhile.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I imagine if you got a laptop right now that could render 1080p videos and 3D modeling, which I think jalen might have been wondering about, you would be set for a quite awhile.
You would think so, but I'm not sure how big Unreal 4 is going to be, and how difficult it will be to run. A lot of developers are already planning on using it in their games. I'm not super knowledgable about PCs, so I'm not sure if current gen graphics cards with be sufficient enough.