Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I wish the US was more like India! Here in the US kids rule the classroom doing whatever they want including spitting, hitting, and cursing the teacher and the teacher and the teacher cant doing anything back. When the teacher does call the parents the parents say when the kid is in school "they are your problem" and when the kids come home they do whatever they want and their parents let them get away with it! Both my parents are NYC school teachers, my mom is still teaching and my dad retired a few years ago. My mom told me a student said "fuck you you dumb blond leave me alone" to her last month and pretty much nothing was done to the kid! Teachers have no control of students in the class room here in our country and that is a big part of to the reason as to why the US education system is slipping in the world rankings.
And I always wanted Indian schools to be bit more liberal. Main problem is that you can't go to any of those extremes.

Too much liberty can easily guide kids in wrong direction. There is no limit for punishing anyone. Sometimes it can be cruel and inhumane which is common in at least those states where I spent my childhood. Punishments were main reason why I disliked my school where I studied from class 6th to 10th (not that I was punished for misbehaving, lol).

It's important to maintain a balance between two. As long as parents and teachers keep doing their duty at every level (that's very important), everything will be good. You can close your eyes for few years and then suddenly try to discipline anyone with stick. That just doesn't happen.

Btw, some of those examples do surprise me. I have seen some of the worst students of my town and I don't think event they dared to speak to anyone like that.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 06-21-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Btw, some of those examples do surprise me. I have seen some of the worst students of my town and I don't think event they dared to speak to anyone like that.
At my school everyone has a very casual relationship with their teachers/authority figures. Most kids talk to their teachers like friends or, if the teacher isn't "cool" they insult them and are just incredibly rude. There's no sense of natural authority, the only reason anyone pays attention is because they handle our grades and because if we don't go to school, we'll get in trouble... even though "getting in trouble" still isn't enough motivation for some kids.

As far as hitting kids as a form of discipline, it's hard for me to form an opinion on that. I was never spanked or physically punished as a child and I was always very respectful and polite towards authority figures, I could never have imagined any other way to behave. My youngest sister, on the other hand, misbehaves all the time and never listens to my mom or stepdad despite getting spanked all the time. I guess it all depends on the person.

I'm more or less a part of the "YouTube generation" so I'm not speaking from experience here, but it seems to me like the generation directly before us was told what they NEEDED to hear, even if it wasn't necessarily what they wanted to hear, and as a result they actually have a backbone and know how to treat others appropriately.

I feel like today, parents and whoever sets the standard for parenting have a policy of leniency and coddling children. Notice that everywhere you look (in America at least) people are constantly saying to kids, "You can do anything!" and try to boost their self-esteem as much as possible. Some schools have even stopped giving kids bad grades even if they're doing poorly just to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. If the example being set for these kids today is "you can do anything, always be yourself and you can do no wrong," then how are they supposed to understand that there are still certain rules of conduct that have to be obeyed? There are certain instances in which expressing yourself and being vocal about it aren't appropriate. Not everyone is a special, unique snowflake whose opinions need to be heard and paid attention to 24/7.

Have you guys heard of the new-age parenting trend called "Indigo Children"? Basically, it is the idea that kids who are narcissistic and spoiled, who demand to be the center of attention, are actually "Indigo Children", who are "enlightened beings" with a natural sense of superiority over others. Supposedly they're here to usher humanity into a new understanding of human nature, basically "the world revolves around me because I'm better than everyone else". These kids should be treated like royalty and never punished because they are our superiors, according to the people behind this idea... so basically if your kid is a brat, there's no need to punish them, because they're special.

This is what the Indigo Children website says:

-They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).

-They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

-Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

-They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

-They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

... yeah, okay. OBVIOUSLY the bratty kids from that video are really Indigo Children, guys... we should be kissing their feet and bringing them gifts.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 06-21-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
And I always wanted Indian schools to be bit more liberal. Main problem is that you can't go to any of those extremes.

Too much liberty can easily guide kids in wrong direction. There is no limit for punishing anyone. Sometimes it can be cruel and inhumane which is common in at least those states where I spent my childhood. Punishments were main reason why I disliked my school where I studied from class 6th to 10th (not that I was punished for misbehaving, lol).

It's important to maintain a balance between two. As long as parents and teachers keep doing their duty at every level (that's very important), everything will be good. You can close your eyes for few years and then suddenly try to discipline anyone with stick. That just doesn't happen.

I do agree with you here ... it can be "excessive" and has to be moderated however I think here in the US we are too far on the liberal side of the spectrum and we need to get more strict!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
At my school everyone has a very casual relationship with their teachers/authority figures. Most kids talk to their teachers like friends or, if the teacher isn't "cool" they insult them and are just incredibly rude. There's no sense of natural authority, the only reason anyone pays attention is because they handle our grades and because if we don't go to school, we'll get in trouble... even though "getting in trouble" still isn't enough motivation for some kids.

As far as hitting kids as a form of discipline, it's hard for me to form an opinion on that. I was never spanked or physically punished as a child and I was always very respectful and polite towards authority figures, I could never have imagined any other way to behave. My youngest sister, on the other hand, misbehaves all the time and never listens to my mom or stepdad despite getting spanked all the time. I guess it all depends on the person.

I'm more or less a part of the "YouTube generation" so I'm not speaking from experience here, but it seems to me like the generation directly before us was told what they NEEDED to hear, even if it wasn't necessarily what they wanted to hear, and as a result they actually have a backbone and know how to treat others appropriately.

I feel like today, parents and whoever sets the standard for parenting have a policy of leniency and coddling children. Notice that everywhere you look (in America at least) people are constantly saying to kids, "You can do anything!" and try to boost their self-esteem as much as possible. Some schools have even stopped giving kids bad grades even if they're doing poorly just to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. If the example being set for these kids today is "you can do anything, always be yourself and you can do no wrong," then how are they supposed to understand that there are still certain rules of conduct that have to be obeyed? There are certain instances in which expressing yourself and being vocal about it aren't appropriate. Not everyone is a special, unique snowflake whose opinions need to be heard and paid attention to 24/7.

Have you guys heard of the new-age parenting trend called "Indigo Children"? Basically, it is the idea that kids who are narcissistic and spoiled, who demand to be the center of attention, are actually "Indigo Children", who are "enlightened beings" with a natural sense of superiority over others. Supposedly they're here to usher humanity into a new understanding of human nature, basically "the world revolves around me because I'm better than everyone else". These kids should be treated like royalty and never punished because they are our superiors, according to the people behind this idea... so basically if your kid is a brat, there's no need to punish them, because they're special.

This is what the Indigo Children website says:

-They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).

-They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

-Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

-They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

-They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

... yeah, okay. OBVIOUSLY the bratty kids from that video are really Indigo Children, guys... we should be kissing their feet and bringing them gifts.
Well you probably were a good kid ... you seem like respectable young woman from what I see of you on here but unfortunately not everyone is like you. As for your teacher student relationship I can definitely relate to that. Also this problem leads to little work getting done because the teacher had to constantly stop with what they were doing because of all the disruptive kids! Thank god this doesn't happen in college ... or maybe it does but luckily I don't have to see it like I did in high school and jr-high.
I agree with you and your "you are special" point as well. I do feel kids should be motivated but you shouldn't give a kid a medal for coming in 4th place when there are only 4 people! (Ive seen that happen btw) The kid should know ... hey you came in last place and thats bad but if you work harder and try your best maybe next time it wont have to feel like what it does now! But in today's world its .. "hey you came in 4th im so proud of you, you are the best ... you are #1!!" so how is the kid supposed to know to work harder and 4th out of 4 is not good at all~!
What seriously!!!??? I dont know what to say to that ... maybe parents who support that idea should be spanked idk ... im at a loss for words

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-21-2012 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

First, I agree with the anti bullying sentiments in here. That being said there is a way to create this topic without acting like a cocky little turd interjecting with your "I'm better than you" success achievements for over the 200th time. In my opinion that negates everything you are trying to preach about, which is why I'm saying something.

Not far below bullies are people who brag constantly and that think they are the sh-t, which has negative effects on people around them also. You don't notice it though since you are so involved in your own 50 Cent story and handing down life lessons when you haven't even grown up.

You might have fought off some bullies but I wouldn't rush to judgement about whether you were asking for it or not. You might not randomly pound on people but your characteristics are very common with the crowds who associate with bullies.

Rictor says it best here, even though he's partly describing himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
So in turn, idiot kids acting as pseudo bullies are rampant and no one's there to beat them up. Do you honestly think that they would talk all that smack if they knew there was a big guy there who regularly beats scrawny kids like them up? They would say nothing.
The worst part is you unknowingly pass on the high entitlement attitude to your children.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Old 06-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
First, I agree with the anti bullying sentiments in here. That being said there is a way to create this topic without acting like a cocky little turd interjecting with your "I'm better than you" success achievements for over the 200th time. In my opinion that negates everything you are trying to preach about, which is why I'm saying something.

Not far below bullies are people who brag constantly and that think they are the sh-t, which has negative effects on people around them also. You don't notice it though since you are so involved in your own 50 Cent story and handing down life lessons when you haven't even grown up.

You might have fought off some bullies but I wouldn't rush to judgement about whether you were asking for it or not. You might not randomly pound on people but your characteristics are very common with the crowds who associate with bullies.

The worst part is you unknowingly pass on the high entitlement attitude to your children.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say? Are you saying that they're giving off some unwarranted sense of entitlement or seeking attention just because they've been bullied/abused as a kid? I can see why it would look that way if people were needlessly inserting their stories about those things in a thread that didn't solicit them in any way. But if the thread is about bullying and general behavior of kids these days, I don't see why it would be inappropriate to do so. I can't speak for anyone who's posted in here but that's the way I interpreted the thread so far.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think Mike was just trying to convey his disgust at bullying. I don't know what set you off, but your assessment is flawed. I've also noticed that you took everyone off your friend's list here on AAM, and all your recent posts have been rather aggressive. I'm not sure what's happening in your life, but I hope things improve. Honestly, I feel as though you're projecting your own unhappiness onto us and using any angle you can come up with to do so.

What you said definitely triggered a memory for me though. With the way I was raised, I was always taught that if you sit quietly, do as you're told, and don't bother anyone, that no one will ever try to hurt you. But in the real world, whether you're a child or an adult, you WILL encounter people who for no apparent reason, will try to bully you.

Quote:

You might have fought off some bullies but I wouldn't rush to judgement about whether you were asking for it or not.
When you suggest that the person being targeted "was asking for it," you're blaming the victim. I don't think it makes any of us exude a "better than everyone" air about us just because of our willingness to stand up to people. The problem with someone like me, however, is that I'm so good at what I do that I end up looking like the aggressor even though the original attacker wanted me dead. So maybe you're right in regards to someone like me having characteristics similar to a bully. The difference is that I actively try to do my best in life. I help people every chance I get. And I don't do things for some underlying benefit for myself. I do things for their own sake. I'm sure you've heard of people who devote their lives to "God" and do a million self-serving things to make themselves seem like good people, when in fact they're not. I'm the opposite. When I do something for someone, I don't even talk about it. I'm only bringing this up now to illustrate a point. Sometimes I'll even help people at the risk of losing something myself.

And you're right that we're not "done" growing. We never are. I didn't just wake up one day and all of a sudden knew how to handle every situation. But I've learned so much over the years, and I continue learn. I don't make excuses for my past mistakes or behavior. I just own up to them and move on. If you saw how much I've changed over the years, I think you'd be damn proud of me. But if for whatever reason, I'm seen as having a high sense of entitlement in your eyes, so be it. I can't change the way you think about me or about any of us. All I can do is expose you to information and a viewpoint, but my responsibility stops there. Believe what you want.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q

Last edited by Rictor; 06-22-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Mr. Mike

Thanks Rictor.
Heh if he thinks me and many others where asking for it he should come to NYC for a day ..... the victim always asks the thief to take his money!
At Helix im sorry if in anyway I sounded cocky ... but it is hard to be humble when you are expressing extreme disgust towards ugly souls who treat others in a despicable manner such as the ones on this video! The kids in the video lacked compassion and empathy .... it just shows their arrogance and cockiness towards the world, how come you didnt criticize them for their cockiness as well?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
LOL you and that thing Jalen

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-22-2012 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

When FRA posted this the donations were at 80,000 , now it is up to 540,000 !
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
When FRA posted this the donations were at 80,000 , now it is up to 540,000 !
WOW no kidding!!! Thanks for the update alizeefan. This is so kool; she is going to be a millionaire by the time the donations stop; good for her she really deserves it! I wonder if this money is taxable....?