Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
I've also noticed that you took everyone off your friend's list here on AAM, and all your recent posts have been rather aggressive. I'm not sure what's happening in your life, but I hope things improve. Honestly, I feel as though you're projecting your own unhappiness onto us and using any angle you can come up with to do so.
I haven't had anybody on my list in years. When I started I think I had 2 or 3 max. I'm not about having 300 friends on facebook or trying to appear popular on here by adding people I have nothing in common with. My friends are in real life.

I don't think my 0.34 posts per day is projecting much. I don't try and insert my life into everything. The people I check can take some of my advice, try to defame me as if they know anything about my life, or complain to the mods. lefty or whoever would be more than happy to give me a forum ticket. I said "turd" so that should be more than enough evidence.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Have you guys heard of the new-age parenting trend called "Indigo Children"? Basically, it is the idea that kids who are narcissistic and spoiled, who demand to be the center of attention, are actually "Indigo Children", who are "enlightened beings" with a natural sense of superiority over others. Supposedly they're here to usher humanity into a new understanding of human nature, basically "the world revolves around me because I'm better than everyone else". These kids should be treated like royalty and never punished because they are our superiors, according to the people behind this idea... so basically if your kid is a brat, there's no need to punish them, because they're special.

This is what the Indigo Children website says:

-They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).

-They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

-Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

-They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

-They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

... yeah, okay. OBVIOUSLY the bratty kids from that video are really Indigo Children, guys... we should be kissing their feet and bringing them gifts.
These "Indigo Children" sound like borderline sociopaths to me.

This makes me think of a commencement speech, which no doubt most of you have seen. But I'm posting it anyways. It was nice to hear someone tell the graduating class that they are not special. I think it starts around the 3 minute mark, but the whole speech is worth listening to, in my opinion.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_lfxYhtf8o4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"The universe has no center, therefore, you cannot be it."
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
These "Indigo Children" sound like borderline sociopaths to me.

This makes me think of a commencement speech, which no doubt most of you have seen. But I'm posting it anyways. It was nice to hear someone tell the graduating class that they are not special. I think it starts around the 3 minute mark, but the whole speech is worth listening to, in my opinion.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_lfxYhtf8o4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

"The universe has no center, therefore, you cannot be it."
Wow I loved that speech ... thanks for posting it Lefty!~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
First, I agree with the anti bullying sentiments in here. That being said there is a way to create this topic without acting like a cocky little turd interjecting with your "I'm better than you" success achievements for over the 200th time. In my opinion that negates everything you are trying to preach about, which is why I'm saying something.

Not far below bullies are people who brag constantly and that think they are the sh-t, which has negative effects on people around them also. You don't notice it though since you are so involved in your own 50 Cent story and handing down life lessons when you haven't even grown up.

You might have fought off some bullies but I wouldn't rush to judgement about whether you were asking for it or not. You might not randomly pound on people but your characteristics are very common with the crowds who associate with bullies.

Rictor says it best here, even though he's partly describing himself.

The worst part is you unknowingly pass on the high entitlement attitude to your children.
I just reread this post with the trololo song playing in the background and was thoroughly entertained.

Last edited by texasguy; 06-22-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

This adds to my point even more but at least these are NY kids so its kinda expected!
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8713841

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Couldn't get through more than a minute of that video. I can't imagine saying things like that to anyone, much less that sweet old lady.

In the meantime someone has started a fund to send her on a nice vacation... it's up to over $90,000! You can donate or check on it here: http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home
Yeah that bus monitor was very smart... she made a lot of money in donations from the viral video. But still, that doesn't alleviate the pain those kids caused her. Those kids would've been spanked to near death if they had my dad, then forced to apologize in person and do chores for her for a week. And rightfully so!... hmmm... it's kinda odd how I know what my dad would do huh... lol...