Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Well, we have about 25 regular posters here. Let's not start pointing fingers just yet.

Also, no reason to bring religion into this.
Haha, you're funny.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, sociopaths are usually quiet and seem completely normal. Ted Bundy was said to be extremely charming and charismatic and he'd just go in people's houses in the middle of the night and bash their heads in.

Sociopaths just have absolutely no conscience and feel no remorse at all. They know exactly how they are and don't care. What's scary is they say 1 in 25 people are sociopaths. Pretty scary numbers, imo. I'm sure his mother knew how he was because a mother always knows her child. I'm sure she saw a darkness in him from an early age.

What I find interesting is that science is starting to intermingle with religion in some ways. There are some religions out there that believe there are only a certain amount of souls, and that some people are basically born as shells. They walk, talk, and act like normal people, but they aren't. And now with science we are really starting to discover that is true to some degree.
I agree Euphoria and you might find this interesting
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-Fp7flAWMA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's a religion thing as much as it is a personal belief. Here is the difference... Religions are socially acceptable beliefs and personal beliefs are pipe dreams. Some of the smartest people, well determined people, because smart people don't commit crimes!... but some of the most determined people are sociopathic killers... such as Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson, and others... They are pure evil... and determined and think and act as intelligent beings.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Well I really wasn't trying to turn this into a religious debate. It is merely an observation.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
I don't think it's a religion thing as much as it is a personal belief. Here is the difference... Religions are socially acceptable beliefs and personal beliefs are pipe dreams. Some of the smartest people, well determined people, because smart people don't commit crimes!... but some of the most determined people are sociopathic killers... such as Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson, and others... They are pure evil... and determined and think and act as intelligent beings.
Whether someone is smart or not doesn't really have that much to do with it, though. This guy was very, very, very smart, no doubt about it. So are the people you listed as examples. Just because somebody is smart enough to know that doing certain things are wrong, doesn't mean they are going to care enough to refrain from doing them. When all is said and done, morality is subjective. You could even say it's just a mindset. There are certain things some could say they would never be capable of doing. The truth is that they are perfectly capable - they just have a sense of right and wrong that was taught to them from a very early age. What people like you and I have that Hitler, Manson, and Holmes DIDN'T, is a conscience, and the ability to empathize and have consideration for other people's feelings and well-being. Something went chemically wrong in their brains so that that guilt just doesn't register, and that is what we call a sociopath.

I don't think the guy is evil, or that Hitler or Manson were evil. To say that is to try and distance ourselves as much as possible from these people and just totally dismiss them as freaks of nature, when really what we should be doing is learning all we can from them and taking something away from each incident in terms of awareness and personal knowledge of mental illness.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
religion is the worst thing on the world
i am not religious but with most all things you will find more good than bad.

without religion we would probably still be in the stone age as writing and education,feeding homeless too much to list.
the news we are fed is all bad,for every bad religion story there are 1000 good ones you never see...

guns are the scourge of mankind , all you who get a hard on shooting them and have dumb reasons for them i don't care not coming back here to read...

so any reply will be only for your own benefit .

this whole ordeal , guns and bullets makes me sick .

i dont care that Alizee shot a gun once . . . not impressed at all !

all killing machines should be destroyed !

Last edited by alizeefan; 07-22-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Whether someone is smart or not doesn't really have that much to do with it, though. This guy was very, very, very smart, no doubt about it. So are the people you listed as examples. Just because somebody is smart enough to know that doing certain things are wrong, doesn't mean they are going to care enough to refrain from doing them. When all is said and done, morality is subjective. You could even say it's just a mindset. There are certain things some could say they would never be capable of doing. The truth is that they are perfectly capable - they just have a sense of right and wrong that was taught to them from a very early age. What people like you and I have that Hitler, Manson, and Holmes DIDN'T, is a conscience, and the ability to empathize and have consideration for other people's feelings and well-being. Something went chemically wrong in their brains so that that guilt just doesn't register, and that is what we call a sociopath.

I don't think the guy is evil, or that Hitler or Manson were evil. To say that is to try and distance ourselves as much as possible from these people and just totally dismiss them as freaks of nature, when really what we should be doing is learning all we can from them and taking something away from each incident in terms of awareness and personal knowledge of mental illness.
I agree with everything you said. I dont think a lot of people throughout history were pure evil but unable to distinguish right from wrong and like you said that is a question of morality not intelligence.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
i am not religious but with most all things you will find more good than bad.

without religion we would probably still be in the stone age as writing and education,feeding homeless too much to list.
the news we are fed is all bad,for every bad religion story there are 1000 good ones you never see...

guns are the scourge of mankind , all you who get a hard on shooting them and have dumb reasons for them i don't care not coming back here to read...

so any reply will be only for your own benefit .

this whole ordeal , guns and bullets makes me sick .

i dont care that Alizee shot a gun once . . . not impressed at all !

all killing machines should be destroyed !
Guns dont kill people, people kill people! If it wasn't for guns people would use something else like knives, bats, crossbows, hands, you name it. Hell if I was going to be murdered I rather it be done with a gun than the other things I mentioned. And this coming from someone whose grandpa was shot twice in the head in the south bronx

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-23-2012 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well I really wasn't trying to turn this into a religious debate. It is merely an observation.
I started typing so many replies to this and the gun control argument but closed out the windows thinking that the mod's would quickly interject or say something. Gun control, religion, people fighting about them...seriously you can't break rules more black and white than that.

Mod's if you aren't gonna enforce the rules you talk about then don't be shutting down other threads way more tame than this. I wouldn't be pissed if you guys didn't put a pillow over my face or halt threads when I talk about this these subjects.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I started typing so many replies to this and the gun control argument but closed out the windows thinking that the mod's would quickly interject or say something. Gun control, religion, people fighting about them...seriously you can't break rules more black and white than that.

Mod's if you aren't gonna enforce the rules you talk about then don't be shutting down other threads way more tame than this. I wouldn't be pissed if you guys didn't put a pillow over my face or halt threads when I talk about this these subjects.
meh if the mods deem this topic is against the rules ide gladly take an infraction for my part in it but ide beg them not to shut this topic down ... the topic is something I feel just needs to be talked about!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Agnostic atheist and im proud of it!

Agnosticism and atheism are two different beliefs. To say your both Agnostic and atheist contradicts the definition of the two titles.

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 07-23-2012 at 12:57 AM..
Closed Thread