Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Art Scholarship honoring Alizée

<table align="center"?><tr bgcolor="#a0ffff"><td>
<table width="651" align="center"><tr><td align="center">
<big><big><big><big><big>Celebrate Alizée's<br>decade in showbiz</big>
ten years after <i>Moi... Lolita</i></big></big></big></big>
</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="15" border="0" align="center"><tr bgcolor="#008080">
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr></table><table width="601" align="center"><tr>
<td width="50"></td>
<td><big><big><big><big>You know you love her.
You have said so out loud.
There is a huge bulge in your pants.
It is a wallet stuffed with money!
Lolita and her little sister <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2010Jan/">Toto</a> need
200 francs to get to the Mufraggi dance.
Can you say no?</big></big></big></big></td><td width="50"></td></tr></table>
<table width="651" align="center"><tr><td align="center"><big><big><b>Generously support the
<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162870&postcount=60">
<i>Friends of Alizée Jacotey Fund at Ecole de Danse de Monique Mufraggi</i></a>
</big><b>thanking Alizée and Institubes for our wonderful private audience in Paris!</b></big></td></tr></table>
<br><br><br>
</td></tr></table>
<big><big>This thread is being created to collect pledges for the proposed <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162870&postcount=60"><i>Friends of Alizée Jacotey Fund at Ecole de Danse de Monique Mufraggi</i></a> and work out the details of this small enterprise. (Your polled pledge is anonymous.) It follows on a previous inquiry, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5608"><i> POLL - Artistic Grant to Alizée</i></a>, now VOID, which inquired about the interest and ability of AAm members to palpably thank Alizée and Institubes for our wonderful private audience in Paris. Over € 1000 was pledged there, for an idea I think will prove less popular than the one posited here. The pledges to the previous poll are of course now morally released.

You are invited, but NOT required, to make your pledge amount public here (or known to <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/member.php?u=2861">me</a> by Private Message) and help us deliberate how to get this scholarship project done. In my opinion, the sentiments of donors should be weighed in proportion to the size of their final donation.</big></big>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-01-2010 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: add "Friends of" to name of fund
Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

So,you are going to judge peoples' fidelity by their ability to pay money? I, personally, have absolutely no money to be able to send right now. Does that mean I like her music any less that anybody else? Because I have less money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv
...the sentiments of donors should be wieghed in proportion to the size of their final donation.
^That's what that sentence said to me. Some of us really don't have money to send, whether directly to Alizée, or for a scholarship in her honor, whether we think it a good idea or not. I am working my tail off just to get her cd's, I can't add another Alizée-related expense to my already streched income. Does that make me less of a fan? If so, then I have nothing more to say to you.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:27 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I would like to address those who either voted zero euros or did not vote because maybe they felt their contribution might not make a difference. I intend no offense to anyone with these words( I am not an eloquent speaker)
I believe in this scholarship so here is my pledge to you all.
To the first 30 pledges of 5 euros I will match those pledges in the that posters name, thereby doubling your pledge.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Depending on how this evolves I'm willing to increase my given amount to a more, in euro, even figure. It would be cool if we/institubes could get Alizée herself to deliver the scholarship, I don't know if she would be cool with that though.

<3
Old 05-01-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Depending on how this evolves I'm willing to increase my given amount to a more, in euro, even figure. It would be cool if we/institubes could get Alizée herself to deliver the scholarship, I don't know if she would be cool with that though.
I wonder if she has a scholarship in place there?
Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I know from my personnal recent experience of collecting money for the autographed cd's that there are numerous people in here who were not in a very good position to pay for these cd's even though they were almost desperate to get them. In fact I'm still waiting for payments of about 6 cd's of people who are having a hard time coming up with the money. So I'm sure many people here are not in a good position to donate to such a fund, even if they want to.

It sounds like Doc is saying that the amount someone donates, shows how much they care about Lilly and I'm sure that's not what he really meant. I think he's trying to say if she means a lot to you, then you should generate generously.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
So,you are going to judge peoples' fidelity by their ability to pay money? I, personally, have absolutely no money to be able to send right now. Does that mean I like her music any less that anybody else? Because I have less money?^That's what that sentence said to me. Some of us really don't have money to send, whether directly to Alizée, or for a scholarship in her honor, whether we think it a good idea or not. I am working my tail off just to get her cd's, I can't add another Alizée-related expense to my already streched income. Does that make me less of a fan? If so, then I have nothing more to say to you.
This is a good point VVV, and I do not believe anyone is trying to judge you or anyone else. Being that this is not a stock purchase I would propose all who pledge/donate have an equal say. It is the act of donating and not the size of the donation that means the most.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I say €5, because if I get a job (which should happen very soon) I will be willing to donate, but still have to save money to get a place of my own. But please tell me this scholarship will be suggested to Alizée and Institubes before it is actually established. So if she objects (likely, as we all know she is very humble), she can stop it before it starts. We should begin trying to contact them now, because I imagine you will get enough pledges. But that way people won't have to wait for their money to be refunded if she refuses after we send it. I would like to help contact them. I think this would be a great way to celebrate ML's tenth, essentially Alizée's tenth.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

The thing that worries me about a scolarship is that it's usually something done on a year after year basis. I know a little over a year ago, things were very slow in this forum. Not many people posting, mainly because it had been a while since her last albm and we were hearing little from Alizée about the new album. But now, with the new album, we have many people back and a lot of new members so getting a sizable amount probably wouldn't be a problem. But what about next year or the year after? Who knows what things will be like for Lilly or in here?

I think what might be a better idea, is we know how many times she's done shows for charity, why not get a sizable sum together, then offer it to her favorite charity. The best part about this is it requires some interaction on her part to name her favorite charity. Then maybe we could be so bold to ask if someone could deliver it in person, possibly at one of her upcoming events in Mexico or if there will be a concert in France later on this year, then.

Then next year, if things are still going strong here, we could do it again. Maybe on the anniversary of the private autograph session, March 29th.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-01-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

As I read it this sounds like a scholarship fund created by Alizée...is this correct? If so, then cool!!! But sorry, no tengo dinero porque soy capitan