Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-12-2016, 11:09 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
below this J'en Ai Marre video. Thirteen years ago this was released and yet Alizée is still grabbing new fans with it.

My favorite comment from two months ago.

Why can't it be both the $50 mil lottery winnings AND Alizée.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post

Yeah maybe there are other words in france apart from Alizé - tradewind - windy that sound like Alizée too ............

BTW nice find ALS!
I should have realized this much sooner because I often listen to this song but the word Idealiser from the song by that name sounds a lot like her name. I wonder if similar words such as ideology which we might hear often on the news is pronounced in a similar way.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I should have realized this much sooner because I often listen to this song but the word Idealiser from the song by that name sounds a lot like her name. I wonder if similar words such as ideology which we might hear often on the news is pronounced in a similar way.
Idealiser....... I like that one...

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-19-2016, 12:12 AM

I really enjoy Christophe Willem's interpretation of the song that he did on the show SAGA. He's got an incredible voice. Plus I enjoy watching the affect it had on Alizee. It wasn't until this show and the interpretation I did of this song that I realized why a lot of people thought this was a song directed at MF in a negative way.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:31 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

The most interesting to me was this one with Moi Lolita

I'm not sure is there a subtitles for this one available, but it would be interesting to know what Alizée was saying.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:19 AM

I had just about the whole show translated; at least everything that had to do with Alizee. I posted it in 3 parts on Youtube. At the time I made it private or was it unlisted in the hope it wouldn't get taken down for copyright violations. So far it hasn't so I will probably soon make them public, but here are the links to the 3 shows. The one where "Moi Lolita" was sung is in pt3.
Pt1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjujVh399Q
Pt2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJABBl-F3g
Pt3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzERQSwHszk

I also posted several of the songs seperately
Alizee singing Patrick Fiori's 'Sans bruit' (Quietly).
Alizee singing Chritophe Willem's 'Double Je'(Double me?)
Patrick Fiori singing Alizee's 'A Cause de l'Autome' (Because of the Fall)
Christophe Willem singing Alizee's Idealiser
Tina Arena singing Alizee's 'Seulement Pour Te Plaire' (Only to please you)

Old 07-23-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I really enjoy Christophe Willem's interpretation of the song that he did on the show SAGA. He's got an incredible voice. Plus I enjoy watching the affect it had on Alizee.

"Plus I enjoy watching the affect it had on Alizee." Yeah, this is especially interesting thing to observe. Just see how she is rubbing her palms at 0:06 at the beginning of the song. It's like she is expecting to hear something especially delicious, how her own song sounds sang by other singer.
Then see expression on her face at 2:02, it's like she's totally stunned, even almost worried at what she's hearing. Also at 2:26.
But Tina Arena at 1:38 doesn't seem to look much different , and Michel Fugain at 1:55 almost the same.

Quote:
I had just about the whole show translated ... The one where "Moi Lolita" was sung is in pt3.

How much the translation is reliable? Who did it?
Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
"Plus I enjoy watching the affect it had on Alizee." Yeah, this is especially interesting thing to observe. Just see how she is rubbing her palms at 0:06 at the beginning of the song. It's like she is expecting to hear something especially delicious, how her own song sounds sang by other singer.
Then see expression on her face at 2:02, it's like she's totally stunned, even almost worried at what she's hearing. Also at 2:26.
But Tina Arena at 1:38 doesn't seem to look much different , and Michel Fugain at 1:55 almost the same.

How much the translation is reliable? Who did it?
Long story short.....I was able to get in touch with a young woman who used to live in Paris. She's about 5 years younger than Alizee. She moved to this country several years ago and now does tutoring or the occassional translation services that someone like I was looking for so I'd say as far as the conversations, the translations are very accurate.

I did not have her translate the songs because there are interpretations of the songs already out there and I get charged by the letter.

But with the interpretations of the songs out there, I found in many cases they were all lacking at one point or another and I had to read between the lines for what I thought was being said.

But I did the same thing with all the DALS episodes in case you haven't seen them with the translations supplied by Marguerite.

Now as far as the song Idealizer. Christophe Willem has a very strong voice and it's very possible that she was just blown away with it.

But it looks like you might not have seen conversations in here concerning this song on this show, so I have to tell you a little about the history "in case" you aren't aware of it.

After her separation from MF, her first album was Psych.

"Some" people said that the song Idealizer was directed at MF in a negative way. I never really looked into it until this SAGA show came out. I looked at different interpretations.....well actually I think I only found one and that was by RMJ and with my very limited knowledge of French, but doing a lot of research into the words, "I" came up with this interpretation and I feel it's fairly accurate but I invite others to look at this song and see what they come up with.

So after controversy arose when the album was released about this song, the writer of the song said it was about a woman who had a lot of issues and eventually commited suicide. With out naming names, assuming he hasn't, I think a lot of people had trouble swallowing that.

Gotta get ready for work and will discuss more tomorrow if you care to continue this but one thing I want to remind you of is some of the pronouns I believe is the right term in this song can be interpreted as either he or she. In my translation, I used he, but if you look at the song and substitute she, it gives it an interesting meaning.

So I don't know if she was affected by the meaning of the song or just Chritophe's voice. I think it was just his voice.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Long story short.....I was able to get in touch with a young woman who used to live in Paris. She's about 5 years younger than Alizee. She moved to this country several years ago and now does tutoring or the occassional translation services that someone like I was looking for so I'd say as far as the conversations, the translations are very accurate.
Good to know that. Now finally I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Now as far as the song Idealizer. ...
"Some" people said that the song Idealizer was directed at MF in a negative way. I never really looked into it until this SAGA show came out. I looked at different interpretations.....well actually I think I only found one and that was by RMJ and with my very limited knowledge of French, but doing a lot of research into the words, "I" came up with this interpretation and I feel it's fairly accurate but I invite others to look at this song and see what they come up with.

So after controversy arose when the album was released about this song, the writer of the song said it was about a woman who had a lot of issues and eventually commited suicide. With out naming names, assuming he hasn't, I think a lot of people had trouble swallowing that.

Gotta get ready for work and will discuss more tomorrow if you care to continue this but one thing I want to remind you of is some of the pronouns I believe is the right term in this song can be interpreted as either he or she. In my translation, I used he, but if you look at the song and substitute she, it gives it an interesting meaning.
Well, I never was much interested in the interpretation of the songs. I mostly appreciate how the song is sung, sound, melody and Lili's voice. And that thing, the interpretation of the songs, is highly controversial and of much speculative nature, and I think it is only that the writer of the song knows what the song is really about. So I was never much interested in that stuff. But if you feel that it is interesting to comment upon it, then please continue.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Good to know that. Now finally I'll take a look at it.

Well, I never was much interested in the interpretation of the songs. I mostly appreciate how the song is sung, sound, melody and Lili's voice. And that thing, the interpretation of the songs, is highly controversial and of much speculative nature, and I think it is only that the writer of the song knows what the song is really about. So I was never much interested in that stuff. But if you feel that it is interesting to comment upon it, then please continue.
Well it's interesting if you want to know the ins and outs; the history of what happened and what could've happened and it's a long story, full of speculation and little fact, but I'll mention some of the things I've seen and heard over the years and though there are things I believe, I still cant say what is fact and what is fiction and you have to look at what's out there and make your own determination.

Of course it started with ML. A story about a young sexually active girl. There is controversy about what the line and I'm speaking from memory "Et quand je donne ma longue au chats" meant.

Then we skip to J'en ai marre. Another song supposedly written in Freudian terms. You have to remember that MF designed her own sex toy, then wrote a song about it. It's said she's an expert in writing songs with lines that have multiple meanings.

Now supposedly Alizée was well aware of the fact that several of the songs she sang, had sexual meanings, ala ML, but she had no idea about the deeper sexual meanings.

Edit:

Enter stage left Jeremy. It's alleged that he told her about the deeper sexual meanings of these songs and also that she should've been making a lot more money than she was.

So Alizée was at this point deeply in love with this guy. She trusted him and believed what he said, I think and I emphasize think, that she got fed up with MF and LB. So Jeremy himself was a young singer doing well and Alizée was doing extremely well, so they got very big heads and thought they could make it on their own and she decided to leave MF and I have to mention Mylene was the most successful female singer in French history. A part of that was she used sex to sell. She even designed her own sex toy, then wrote a song about it (Sextonic), but I think would've done very well otherwise.

So thanks to Jeremy, Alizée went out on her own and her first album was Psych. It was a very lame album in my opinon, keeping in mind, people in France look more to international artists than they do to French artists. She was competing against the best of the best of the best and Psych was far from their league.

The worst thing about that album was Idealizer. It came out and the rumors came out that it was directed at MF. Alizée sent the first cd from that album to MF/LB and they didn't respond and you have to wonder why.

Edit:

As close as Alizée and MF and LB were in those three years, after the separation, years later Alizée said she'd like to work with MF again, but I believe there was only one message from MF to her. I think MF is a good person, maybe too sexual, but a good person. I think she was offended by Idealizer, but willing to look the other way, but LB, her partner for so many years and who was very responsible for the amount of success she had, wasn't so willing.

Getting back to the deeper meaning of some of her early songs, I think many people never realized the significance of the red shoe that was on stage in En Concert.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-24-2016 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts